• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

zoukka

Crafted DK Valeera because I enjoy Rogue.

First game against Big Boy Priest who summoned Lich King with Barnes on turn 3... he still lost. He revived the Lich King like 5 times.

Get rekt.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If Fandral can exist in the game at the same time as Raven Idol and Wisps of the Old Gods, what design space is being limited?

Thanks for reminding me. Inspired me to try out fandral in wild with wisps of the old gods now that UI, Spreading Plague, the DK, and Druid of the Swarm exist to solve some of its weak spots. 13-5 from rank 9 to rank 5 in wild, with a few optimizations along the way. Bet I could get legend fairly quick with this deck, but like always I can't find the motivation to fully commit to trying for it. First time getting rank 5 in wild, and always feels good to get rank 5 without netdecking at all.

I'm pretty sure this is the OP wild druid deck. Jade Druid sucks in wild, and I've never seen aggro druid in wild. I guess the only wild card is Living roots, but whatever, that's a great card in Mid-token druid. Maybe it's possible that Wild Meta is just better for mid-token druid too, but I haven't spent enough time in standard to know. Or maybe the standard mid token druid decks are just bad.

http://imgur.com/a/vY3lw

### Mid Token Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
AAEBAZICAq6rApnTAg5AX/4B9wPEBoUI5AjoFf+tAr6uAsu8ApvNAqDNAofOAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

scarlet

SOeEicc.jpg

1 windspeaker, 1 giant, 2 shadow reflections.

Lovely!

Edit: Thijs's facing a razakus and his opponent burgly bully attack Thijs's mage, and it has 3 active secrets.

Why would you attack? You have 0 mana deal 2 and just let the fatigue damage kill the mage.

Tunoku

Grimestreet Enforcer is a dumb card played turn 4 or 5. I have a deck that isn’t that great, but I’m 4-0 because I always managed to trigger it twice each match. I guess I was lucky that my opponent never had an immediate answer, but my curve is aggressive enough that I can always play it when ahead.

Why am I playing Hearthstone, I need to test for the Magic Grand Prix D:

Lyng

Big priest...pirates...jade druid...all the brain dead decks are so insane and play themselves, and they are fine because any idiot can pilot them...

Grimestreet Enforcer is a dumb card played turn 4 or 5. I have a deck that isn’t that great, but I’m 4-0 because I always managed to trigger it twice each match. I guess I was lucky that my opponent never had an immediate answer, but my curve is aggressive enough that I can always play it when ahead.

Why am I playing Hearthstone, I need to test for the Magic Grand Prix D:

One of the cards I underrated in MSG was grimestreet enforcer, but it does suffer for being in an archetype that isn't competitive against tempo decks as the archetype is too slow and grimestreet enforcer is too easy to remove.

Tunoku

I guess I have just the right deck to make use of him. 6-0 now. I wish I had anything else instead of the Auctioneer; don't even remember what I picked him over.

DrkSage

Big priest...pirates...jade druid...all the brain dead decks are so insane and play themselves, and they are fine because any idiot can pilot them...

Just had 4 games in a row with:
A control priest
A big priest
And 2 dragon priest.

Motherfuckers piss me the fuck off. What pisses me even more is that, if they can't win the game, they'll fatigue you the fuck out, discovering cards or copying half of your damn deck.

I guess I have just the right deck to make use of him. 6-0 now. I wish I had anything else instead of the Auctioneer; don't even remember what I picked him over.

What rank are you playing at?

There is a decent handbuff paladin list. I haven't played it enough to see if it's good enough but I think it has the same weaknesses as before to tempo decks.

Man this game, have a Priest dead to rights with 2 arcane giants vs an obsidian statue, I play 4 creatures the last being a vilefin to destroy the statue. Odds are 2/3rds in my favour and I lose the game. That was a Razakus NZoth priest that went girl into elemental as a 1 2 punch and Barnes into Cairne and had Anduin for my first lethal board. All in the top half of the deck with zero draw.

rahji

I think I need a break from Hearthstone.

The last 2 days I did not having fun playing anymore. At first, it was really cool, that the last wing of the lich king was released and I had fun battling the lich king. But with some classes like hunter or mage, it is really an absurd fight because you need a very specific setup to beat him and that means restarting the fight for a long time. Not fun in my opinion, so I stopped trying to beat the lich king with all 9 classes after too much time invested that fight.

On ranked mode, I fought myself to rank 6 with my midrange hunter deck. I really wanted to push to rank 5. But since 2 days, I lose 75% of my games and I even struggle to complete quests. Maybe it is a weak phase of me or I just got "unlucky" I don't know.

On arena I just had a game where my opponent adds me after the game and asks me why I play like shit. That was the last thing I needed.

The signs have aligned that I have to take a break from hearthstone.

TankUP

VS just ate their lunch. They get more clicks if they meme and people go "hey everybody look at tempostorm Durr hurr".

It's just sad that folks are going to go ladder with a tier 3 deck (midrange token druid) or a tier 4 deck (ramp druid) and not understand why they are getting their lunch eaten.

It's also ridiculous that people are going to point to tempostorm as proof for how the bad the meta is, when the report is a fantasy.

The meta isn't great, but it's not 4 druid decks and nothing else FFS.

Mage is rising in popularly, Paladin is still strong, PirWar never went away... I played 8 games this AM at rank 5/4 in standard and saw one Druid.

TankUP

Is it even that far off? Aside from Ramp Druid, those other Druid decks are definitely top tier decks.

vSS has mid-token in tier 3 and ramp druid in tier 4. Even accounting for variance (imperfect data from players who may not be making perfect decisions, etc.) there is not way that either deck belongs in this made-up rabble-rousing "Tier S" bullshit.

Either it's click-bait (What One Class is Ruining the Meta? Hearthstone Players Hate it!) or it's axe-grinding (how dare Blizzard not nerf Innervate when I told them to) but what it isn't is an honest community resource.

That meta report looks fine to me. Druid top. Murlock paladin, highlander priest, and pwar somewhere below them. And yet people call it fantasy? Are we even playing the same game?

Putting Ramp Druid in Tier S is a joke. If tier S was the two Druid decks that actually belong there I could see defending it--I still wouldn't agree with it, but I could see it as being their honest appraisal. As it stands, they've given up on facts in order to push an agenda.

Sande

Okay, Exodia Mage is bullshit. I spammed minions form turn 1. Cleared efficiently and went face every turn. He couldn't clear once, I even had an answer to his doomsayer. And... I never had a chance. What gets me the most about it is that they don't need to have the mana to draw/generate and use the spells or the quest, the apprentice spam takes care of everything.

They have a decent enough draw and nothing you do (short of running and drawing an Eater of Secrets) matters. Balanced or not, that's just not Hearthstone.

wiibomb

Okay, Exodia Mage is bullshit. I spammed minions form turn 1. Cleared efficiently and went face every turn. He couldn't clear once, I even had an answer to his doomsayer. And... I never had a chance. What gets me the most about it is that they don't need to have the mana to draw/generate and use the spells or the quest, the apprentice spam takes care of everything.

They have a decent enough draw and nothing you do (short of running and drawing an Eater of Secrets) matters. Balanced or not, that's just not Hearthstone.

I have a lot of problems against exodia mage, I just don't know what to do against them and the just always draw and finished the quest with all pieces in hand in the right time, the ice blocks are extremely powerful there.

slow or fast decks, doesn't matter, I don't know what to do with them.

Hybris

I've always been bummed that the community opinion of non data driven meta reports is that they are less useful somehow. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. While vS numbers are accurate and invaluable, many try to draw too many conclusions based on them.

Examples I point to are high skill decks like miracle rogue, quest mage, or patron back in its heyday. Matchup percentages can be vastly different than they appear if the person piloting the deck is skilled. In every meta report of un'goro, the numbers showed miracle rogue had an unfavorable matchup against token shaman. Yet top miracle players boasted extremely high winrates in the matchup. Enough that you would expect even a lower skill player piloting the deck to have positive winrate in the matchup.

The opinions of pros and high level players have a ton of value. But alas, once the circle jerk has taken hold...

TankUP

I'm doing really well against Exodia Mage with Control Pally. Pretty easy to set them to one and they give you time to draw your Hydrologists which are very likely to get you Eye for an Eye. Until more Exodia Mages start running Voodoo Doctor, Eye for an Eye is pretty much an auto win since they don't run Alex.

Dahbomb

VS isn't god's word on the meta, they have been incorrect before (like that one time they had Secret Paladin high up in OniK). They do things like these too where they sometimes prop up a deck that may not be popular but has a peculiar win rate/match up chart.

I have played against and with Midrange Token Druid and the deck is very strong. Might not be S tier but I think it's very obvious that TS is making the point that Druid as a whole is overpowered. This is not too different from when they had 3 Shaman or 3 Warrior decks in the top tier last year.

Also VS uses pro player inputs too (to Hybris). It's not all mathematics and stats. There was this huge drama where Reynad took shots at VS about not having pro players and VS named the players they have who are helping with parsing the data and writing some of the reports.

Hybris

Also VS uses pro player inputs too (to Hybris). It's not all mathematics and stats. There was this huge drama where Reynad took shots at VS about not having pro players and VS named the players they have who are helping with parsing the data and writing some of the reports.

Right, I didn't mean to slight vS. I know they have help with their writing. It's top notch. Just wish people wouldn't look at a winrate chart, draw conclusions and turn off their brain. I see that shit all the time on various hs boards.

TankUP

I have played against and with Midrange Token Druid and the deck is very strong. Might not be S tier but I think it's very obvious that TS is making the point that Druid as a whole is overpowered. This is not too different from when they had 3 Shaman or 3 Warrior decks in the top tier last year.

It's not better than PirWar or Murloc Pally.

I agree that TS is trying to make the point that Druid is overpowered. That's why I said they are more interested in pushing an agenda that putting out an accurate meta report.

Not to keep comparing them to vSS but vSS is making that same point without gimmicks like making up a tier higher than tier one and stuffing it with every possible Druid deck. Last TS report tried to claim Maly Druid was a God tier deck. They took that out but making that claim about Ramp Druid is just as ridiculous.

The opinions of pros and high level players have a ton of value. But alas, once the circle jerk has taken hold...

I would argue that it's Tempo Storm that is circle jerking by creating "tier S" instead of using their previously established tier list, and then putting bad decks in that tier just because they are Druid decks and people hate Druid right now.

TankUP

Tier S sounds more Stylish.

I'm pretty sure the S stands for Salt. ;)

At the end of the day what bums me out the most is that these tier lists are our record in the future to look back on old metas, and the last two TS reports have been deliberately inaccurate.

In context, we can look at these reports and realize they're the way they are to make a point about how good Druid is. A year from now, that context is going to be gone and people are going to think Ramp Druid was a god tier deck better than PirWar and MurPaladin, which it just isn't.

wiibomb

at this point I'm just following vSS, tempostorm has been a joke for a long time.

Not because what they say is too inaccurate, but because they lack a lot of professionalism for a report breaking down impartially how the metagame behaves.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Mid-Token druid is pretty darn close to tier 2 in their power rankings. I still get the feeling the deck is not yet as well refined as the easier to build jade druid is.

scarlet

I was actually surprised when they put Maly Druid on top, only faced it twice. Neber knew it was a real thing this meta.

Rank 5 to 3 have more variety than 2 to 1. You still face priest a lot, mage, shaman, rogue. But 2 to 1 it's either murloc pally, aggro and jade druid, and pirates.

TankUP

The deck could be about as good as jade druid is, which is completely broken, and still see little play because it has similar but worse match ups than jade druid.

It could be. I don't think it is. vSS has it at tier 3. Even taking into account the variations between the way the two reports are generated, I refuse to give TS the benefit of the doubt that they truly believe Ramp Druid is "S tier" after they shoved Maly Druid in the same tier on the last report.

I believe they know Ramp Druid and Midtoken Druid don't belong in "S Tier" but they put them there anyway to "make a statement" and I don't think a meta report--meant to be a community resource--should be a platform for those kind of statements.

Right now the meta is really warped towards beating jade druid, so it's not likely that ramp druid is S tier right now at least.

Token druid is eating everything up as a result. Kinda reminds me of the reno/pw meta. Token druid being the reno oddly enough. Everything is so warped to beat pwar and there is this monstrous deck out there that eats those decks up called reno. Now replace pwar with jade druid and token druid with reno.

Token druid is easily the best aggro deck right now. Borderline best deck in the game. So reminiscent of MSG except it's all druid.

DK VALEERA I'd my favorite card on this expansion. The effect is really powerful.

Also vanish is a solid counter to Jade's. Spreading pleague is annoying

TankUP

DK VALEERA I'd my favorite card on this expansion. The effect is really powerful.

Hmm, if I had to choose right now I'd say DK Anduin is my favorite, just because I'm actually grinding wins towards my golden priest without wanting to jump off a bridge.

For non-hero cards, I really like Blood Razor, Despicable Dreadlord, Bonemare and Strongshell Scavenger.

Zoggy

You guys react to these meta rankings like gaf reacts to video game review scores lol.

It's not meant to validate your opinion it's to give others input, who don't already have their own view of the meta.

If you know x deck is tier 1 but they have it low, then ok, you have the information you need already, why even look at these?

Anyways, I'm just going to comment on Reynard site.

That write ups for the decks are really amateur. reads like a high school book report. Hire some actual writers not your buddies. At the very least pass these through an professional editor or writer. Hell give it to your English professor and maybe he can give you tips.

Having a tier S and just throwing all Druid decks is also a joke. Again, professionalism.

Blues1990

I'm currently unlocking the base cards from the hero characters to create a decent deck, but I was wondering if you unlock any more cards beyond level 10 for a character?

If you pick jade druid then your game should switch to a paint by numbers coloring book.

I've taken out free from amber out of my big priest and teched in thought steal. Just beat a Jade Druid by copying a nourish and wild growth from his deck. Turn 5 had me playing both and pulling ahead of him in mana. He never recovered.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently unlocking the base cards from the hero characters to create a decent deck, but I was wondering if you unlock any more cards beyond level 10 for a character?

No, just the gold versions of the basic cards.

patapuf

I'm having a lot of fun with elemental rogue. I feel it matches up pretty well to most things exept the murloc pala and the stupid infestation that fills the Druids empty hands (plague is annoying too).

Never been so high rank so quickly.

Top Bottom