• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

Ah, so it would be worth my time to just level a character up to 10, switch to another, then rinse & repeat?

Because unless the gold cards hold a stat or ability that's worthwhile, it would be waisting my time.

yup, that is exactly how you should do. from lv10 to 60, everything is just a cosmetic golden card of a card you already have. golden card work exactly the same as their normal versions.

Blues1990

yup, that is exactly how you should do. from lv10 to 60, everything is just a cosmetic golden card of a card you already have. golden card work exactly the same as their normal versions.

That's a weird inclusion. I get that the developers wanted to emulate a traditional trading card game (like Magic The Gathering or Illuminati), but there isn't an option to trade cards with people on your friends list, making it more like bragging rights to show off how egotistical you are.

wiibomb

That's a weird inclusion. I get that the developers wanted to emulate a traditional trading card game (like Magic The Gathering or Illuminati), but there isn't an option to trade cards with people on your friends list, making it more like bragging rights to show off how egotistical you are.

golden version are totally bragging rights, yup, same as all costumes in overwatch. If you want new cards, you have to get gold to buy the packs, or money.

When does Tavern Brawl unlock? Does it still require level 20 (I think that's what it was? Or 20 total levels?) That's the only other thing I can think of.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
When does Tavern Brawl unlock? Does it still require level 20 (I think that's what it was? Or 20 total levels?) That's the only other thing I can think of.

Forgot about that. It's one class at level 20, so you want to get one class to level 20 so you can start getting your weekly free pack from the brawl.

If I were blizzard, I would make the following changes.

Innervate, refreshes mana only, does not let you ramp
spreading plague, 7 mana (druid are meant to be super weak to wide boards)
rockpool hunter - now 2/2
war leader - now gives +2 attack, no health
gentle megasaur, now 3/4
mark of the lotus, now is choose one: +1 health or +1 attack, not both without fandral
patches, dies at the end of turn, maybe even returns to deck at end of turn, maybe dies once all pirates on board are dead, idk, something
Fandral, now 3/4
crypt taunt (forget name, 3 mana, 1/6 taunt, gain 1 hp when minion summoned) - 1/5, minion must be played to gain 1hp.
malfurion deathknight, 8 mana
jade idol, each jade idol played increases the cost of the next jade idol played by an additional 1 mana up to 10
Maybe something with ultimate infestation, sure... no armor gain and/or no 5/5 It's still an insane card imho.

Of course, this doesn't cover problematic RNG cards like barnes. And there are a couple cards I wouldn't mind seeing a tiny bit better. But as far as nerfs go, this is where I'd start.

Of course if Blizzard is discussing these kind of changes, we'd be super lucky to see 3 of them.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

gentle megasaur, now 3/4
mark of the lotus, now is choose one: +1 health or +1 attack, not both without fandral
patches, dies at the end of turn, maybe even returns to deck at end of turn, maybe dies once all pirates on board are dead, idk, something
Fandral, now 3/4
crypt taunt (forget name, 3 mana, 1/6 taunt, gain 1 hp when minion summoned) - 1/5, minion must be played to gain 1hp.
jade idol, each jade idol played increases the cost of the next jade idol played by an additional 1 mana up to 10
Maybe something with ultimate infestation, sure... no armor gain and/or no 5/5 It's still an insane card imho.

Of course, this doesn't cover problematic RNG cards like barnes. And there are a couple cards I wouldn't mind seeing a tiny bit better. But as far as nerfs go, this is where I'd start.

Of course if Blizzard is discussing these kind of changes, we'd be super lucky to see 3 of them.

We'd be super lucky to see just ONE, imo. I suspect they'll just do nothing and print druid a bunch of hot trash in the next several sets while giving everyone else slightly better cards. The path of least resistance is the thing they like best.

Zoggy

There should be a classic only mode for guys like you. Only the classic set, there go play vanilla hearthstone.

And in a week you'll come back saying chillwind yeti is broken.

Luigi87

Faced my first Jade Druid only at rank 21...
That was, unpleasant... Kept getting him down until I exhausted my deck and it became impossible for me finish.

That Spreading Plague change seems a bit overkill. Also not sure Mark of the Lotus needs to be touched. Fandral, I don't really see it as a problem since it rotates soon. It's certainly not out of line when it comes to Wild in my opinion.

Jade Idol change doesn't really seem to address the issue I think. I've always liked the idea of having the card just add 2 or 3 "summon a jade golem" cards to your deck that way it can still be long term value without being infinite and completely broken.

As far as Ultimate Infestation goes, the card draw just needs to go and then they can potentially lower it to 8 mana or something. The ability for Druid to refill their hand while doing all the other shit is just too busted. It's like if they added draw 3 cards to Firelands Portal without raising the mana cost lol.

The rest of your list I'm pretty much fine with though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Remember a ton of shit is gonna rotate out. So like it might not be worth Blizzard's time to nerf jade or fendral since they are just gonna rotate out.

Pooya

I think it's reasonable to say that they should nerf more than just druid if they want meta to change, otherwise we will be back to where we were before KFT anyway. Murlocs and pirates are still too strong. Rotation is not a solution. If they want people to play wild like they say, they shouldn't treat it like waste dump. Wild pirate warrior is absurd.

I don't think they would nerf patches but they still need to address pirate warrior eventually and I'd say just hit arcanite reaper. Without weapon damage/upgrades, PW won't win many many match ups. Their minion damage is manageable even though it is very very strong.

As for token druid, innervate nerf is enough. The deck would be far weaker.

As for murlocs, I think megasaur is absurd. That card is somehow better than class paladin buff card, while it exists that other card will never have a chance. It shouldn't be a 5/4 ever. I'm not sure what they were smoking there. It should be like 2/4 or similar. Murlocs are far more resilient than recruits and summoning recruits requires playing very bad or slow cards right now. At 3/4 that card is fair and fine but when you have a 5/4 that does the same with murlocs.. yeah.

Personally really hate that paladin class is all about murlocs too. Thematically it makes no sense and it's just awful.

while these nerfs are reasonable in a vacuum they are much too biased, you're basically just trashing 2 classes with these nerfs compounded

I'm hesitant to suggest nerfs for other things because the meta would be vastly different if you changed several cards that heavily influence it. I could probably think up a few more as well. I wouldn't mind seeing devolve at 3, for example.

Remember a ton of shit is gonna rotate out. So like it might not be worth Blizzard's time to nerf jade or fendral since they are just gonna rotate out.

We were there with ONIK and shaman and... waiting for rotations sucked big time. The pay off, JTU was great at least. I think people just want to go back to that kind of meta sooner than 8 months.

gentle megasaur, now 3/4
Fandral, now 3/4

Druidstone really doing a number on people.

In 8 months.
Pirate Warrior.

gentle megasaur, now 3/4
Fandral, now 3/4

That's a lot of Druid hate. I can't believe you'd leave DK Anduin intact.

Personally, I'd like to see a change to how weapons work. No going face unless the board is clear. That's something Eternal got right.

Pirate Warrior.

Druid is one of my favorite classes. I don't actually hate druid, I just want druid to have weaknesses again. I don't think a class with mana ramp should also have innervate, and powerful early game minions. Maybe in concert, all these changes would warrant a little bit of a lighter touch, I'll admit.

DK anduin, on the other hand. It's too early for me to judge it. It's on my radar for sure. I floated the idea on compHS that maybe it should only reset off spells and I don't think that is a terribly bad change, but ppl did not think it was a problem card to begin with.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pirate Warrior.

Personally, I'd like to see a change to how weapons work. No going face unless the board is clear. That's something Eternal got right.

Wep change would be great, but Blizz seems reluctant to change how the game fundamentally plays.

I like your idea though.

Pooya

Anduin by itself is perfectly fine. Raza is the problem card. Refreshable damage for 0 mana is a big no, no matter what deck building restriction there is which is very irrelevant in priest anyway, there is enough different removal and answers in priest that it doesn't matter combined with shadowvisions which some people play 2 copy, you can easily do that. That's just game breaking and defies every other value card, boards or control decks. All of these late game DKs they printed auto lose to Anduin with Raza, like did they even test. Paladin DK is basically completely deleted by it, this is not balance or "risky" interesting card, it's just dumb bad design.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Innervate + Innervate -> Kun ...................
I just can't stand this game anymore. I'm on a five mana turn and Druid gets 4x as much mana to work with on a single turn. And it's not like it gets better, or that they slow down. They are still working while ahead.

patchday

wow just thought I'd check this thread and seeing lots of nerf talk that just simply won't happen. Y'all gotta pump those brakes a little bit. Think of some subtle changes to get to the meta you want.

All I know is I beat that Lich King and got my Arthas sticker. So no nerfing paladin please at least for another few months

Innervate + Innervate -> Kun ...................
I just can't stand this game anymore. I'm on a five mana turn and Druid gets 4x as much mana to work with on a single turn. And it's not like it gets better, or that they slow down. They are still working while ahead.

That would be 16 mana though. So just 3x+1.

patchday

So if they go crazy and nerf a bunch of cards we will get full dust refunds right?

I guess I can handle some nerfs. Just let me have some fun with Paladin for like 4 weeks at least.

I've barely had time to play beyond carebearing Adventures and a tiny bit of Ranked.

So if they go crazy and nerf a bunch of cards we will get full dust refunds right?

I guess I can handle some nerfs. Just let me have some fun with Paladin for like 4 weeks at least.

I've barely had time to play beyond carebearing Adventures and a tiny bit of Ranked.

I think paladin will be quite strong even if they did every murloc nerf I suggested. I mean, maybe I am wrong, but I think they'd still be strong.

Control paladin on the other hand is a different story.

patchday

Anduin would be fine if priest had less removal and wraths. You can't play around anything right now because priest can kill anything but 4/x+5s

do you think that archetype will stick? Tempted to craft Anduin. I hate Priest class so much so my logic is I should become one. This logic served me well with Control Warrior. I used to hate them too til I became one in ungoro

do you think that archetype will stick? Tempted to craft Anduin. I hate Priest class so much so my logic is I should become one. This logic served me well with Control Warrior. I used to hate them too til I became one in ungoro

Well the highlander cards will rotate next spring set but Anduin sees play in regular priest decks too.

Can't really do a meta prediction past rotation

Oscar

Annihilating standard ladder with an Aggro Druid deck.

Filling up the board with weak minions early and then buffing them mid game.

Zoggy

Look up big ez priest with dk anduin and see how good it is.

Triz

Playing with a Rexar death Knight death rattle hunter deck I made in Casual and I'm 11-0. Yeah I know its casual, but the Pirate Warrior, Jade Druid, and Kazakus Priest I beat are giving me some false hope.

Zoggy

Playing with a Rexar death Knight death rattle hunter deck I made in Casual and I'm 11-0. Yeah I know its casual, but the Pirate Warrior, Jade Druid, and Kazakus Priest I beat are giving me some false hope.

Do you wanna build a beast? I wanna build a beast

Building beasts is fun so fun

patchday

ew Casual mode is yucky. At least in Ranked you get credit towards Golden heroes and lots of scrubs to go through right now. I havent played in so long and only lost once due to a disconnect. just using my same old Paladin deck with some new obvious OP cards tossed in

granted I've only had time to play like 10 matches maybe or a little less?

edit- I shouldnt call these guys scrubs I was there once with only f2p cards. I hope for ranked improvements one day. You probably shouldn't bump your 'active' players with lots of meta cards to rank 25 just because they take a small break. I mean, I dont mind getting free wins but I can tell these new players must be hating life when they see my murlocs

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ew Casual mode is yucky. At least in Ranked you get credit towards Golden heroes and lots of scrubs to go through right now. I havent played in so long and only lost once due to a disconnect. just using my same old Paladin deck with some new obvious OP cards tossed in

granted I've only had time to play like 10 matches maybe or a little less?

edit- I shouldnt call these guys scrubs I was there once with only f2p cards. I hope for ranked improvements one day. You probably shouldn't bump your 'active' players with lots of meta cards to rank 25 just because they take a small break. I mean, I dont mind getting free wins but I can tell these new players must be hating life when they see my murlocs

Yeah, ranked needs a total overhaul sooner rather than later. MSoG did a hell of a number on my enjoyment of the game and for the most part I haven't played this year until frozen throne but I had to still stomp through the rank 25+ stuff with an almost all gold pally deck full of legendaries. Just silly.

Tonight I beat someone who Innervated Fledgling on turn 1 while playing Quest Mage.

Special thanks to Cabalist's Tome giving me more Ice Blocks and Ice Barriers, and being able to freeze the board with Antonidas around for 4 turns in a row while I got my combo together. If he wouldn't have misplayed his Living Roots early on for more face damage, he would have won.

scarlet

So I'm playing razakus against a mage.

I didn't play any cards at all, cuz there was nothing to play, and then on his turn 4, he conceded.

Maybe he thought I was playing big priest?

Watching Kripp's stream at the moment. A Druid had Medivh's staff, played a Swipe, got a Runeforge Haunter, and it didn't lose durability. I mean, the interaction makes sense, it's just something I would of never thought of.

Top Bottom