• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hycran

Banned
Ice block should be legendary and/or undiscoverable. More than 2 is a pain in the ass

I think it is unintuitive to just not have certain cards show up in the discover pool, but one thing I have always thought is that cards should not be able to discover themselves or other cards that can generate infinite value. Kabal courier, glyph, etc should at the very least not be able to discover themselves, even if they can discover other discovers.

TankUP

uyTxMMz.png
Md7K9lP.png

I didn't mean to hit rank 5 on both ladders, but I found the climbs this month to be super chill. Too bad I can't get two chests, lol.

dredd is cool in theory but in a world where bonemare exists....I never could find room for swamp king in decks last expansion, yet this season I find room for 2 7 drops in my hunter deck now that bonemare is around.

traveler

Not Wario
This is the most incredibly dumb brawl they've ever had. I've had multiple games end before the other person could play, sometimes with the win going to the person on turn 0 lol

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Even in arena

Thank you!

Webweave and Cryptlord commons

Druid of the Swarm and Spreading Plague rares

And even at an epic, you can't ignore Ultimate Infestation being an auto win. It's not that unlikely to get it with the offering bonuses. It's like this expansion's Meteor.

Druid is even particularly good at the synergy meta. Beasts are easy to draft around, Eggs are easy to draft around, and even 5+ attack and Jade aren't terrible. Compare to Mage who has, like what, Secrets? Mage has insane legendary synergies, but those are still legendary.

wiibomb

I know people rage against quest mage a lot. I even do it, it's quite exasperating, but that deck requires a good amount of thinking. A single bad draw, or a bad played spell or a bad trade can completely ruin the plan. I've been learning that from watching toast consistently play that deck.

IceMarker

I didn't mean to hit rank 5 on both ladders, but I found the climbs this month to be super chill. Too bad I can't get two chests, lol.

Seriously still can't believe Blizzard didn't find a middle ground to reward players who play both Ranked ladders while keeping the pressure light on people who don't want to play both Ranked ladders. You should be earning something for that, much less two season chests!

I played mostly Hunter and Warlock this month. DK Rexxar is fun if you can make use of him. Dispatch Kodo plus poisonous is great. Warlock is better than Ungoro but still a bit crap. Defile is strong and fun. Dreadlord strong and fun. DK is great if you don't die. I don't think Warlock is that far away though.

Ultimately though I didn't enjoy ladder all that much. It's not just druid. Neither of the priest decks are fun to play against. Exodia Mage is a thing. PW and Murloc Paladin are almost a relief at this point, which is crazy.

Fixing druid will help some of that, but there's other issues and I'm not sure it's something they can realistically deal with (or even want to) before rotation.

Hybris

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...zen-throne-nzoth-control-warrior-august-2017/

Of all the slow warrior decks I've seen this season, this is the least bad.

Have you tried the giants/dead man's hand warrior? I played a bit of rage_hs's list about 2 weeks ago. I'm certain I'm misplaying frequently, which is pretty much the only deck I can say that about. Tbh I think that's why I was enjoying it so much.

Edit: forgot to link the list (http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/rages-kft-dead-mans-blood-warrior-august-2017/)

TankUP

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-60/

New data reaper report is out. There must be a bug, they have decks in tier one that aren't Druid, but Papa Reynad told me that Druid is the only deck that can win. :thinking:

Have you tried the giants/dead man's hand warrior? I played a bit of rage_hs's list about 2 weeks ago. I'm certain I'm misplaying frequently, which is pretty much the only deck I can say that about. Tbh I think that's why I was enjoying it so much.

I don't like it. I never liked Blood Warrior or Worgen Warrior either. I'm not a combo deck guy.

Grief.exe

Is this the most polarizing meta in Hearthstone history? I know there have been oppressive classes in the past, but this is mind blowing.

Wow this quote from the article

"The meta has been locked into a feedback loop and we doubt there’s a way out unless cards are changed. The circle of life… is over."

TankUP

Playing a slow deck without geist seems crazy to me.

I cut Geist from my priest and control pally lists. They rarely have any impact on whether I win or lose vs Jade Druid. I haven't laddered much with Warrior because everything but PirWar fucking sucks.

Pooya

maybe they finally realize they have to nerf pirate warrior too. I'm ok with that.

nerfing pirates could make hunter more playable, look at this...

If you do want to play Hunter, the class remains fundamentally good for beginners, but it should not be taken past rank 5 unless you seriously love Hunter, or alternatively, seriously love suffering

Blizzard plz.

TankUP

maybe they finally realize they have to nerf pirate warrior too. I'm ok with that.

nerfing pirates could make hunter more playable, look at this...

Fuck Pirate Warrior. That deck being so good is probably why they haven't printed many good cards for warrior in a year.

Hopefully they over-tune Hunter pretty soon because I'm gonna be working on that for my 8th gold class once I get Priest. (Should be done in a week or so with that one.)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fuck Pirate Warrior. That deck being so good is probably why they haven't printed many good cards for warrior in a year.

Hopefully they over-tune Hunter pretty soon because I'm gonna be working on that for my 8th gold class once I get Priest. (Should be done in a week or so with that one.)

Overtuning tends to happen over multiple sets. They haven't given aggro hunter good tools lately so it will likely be several more sets before it becomes op. I think at a minimum it will need post rotation.

TankUP

Overtuning tends to happen over multiple sets. They haven't given aggro hunter good tools lately so it will likely be several more sets before it becomes op. I think at a minimum it will need post rotation.

There's the groundwork for a decent Secret deck and/or a decent Deathrattle deck.

Remember when Drak OP single handedly made Dragon Priest a high tier deck? Maybe something like that can happen.

As a player, I like when Hunter is out of the meta. As someone grinding for golden portraits, I regret I wasn't aware enough of the meta when I started to do it when I first joined the game and Undertaker Hunter was the best deck.

Grief.exe

Pirate Warrior is simultaneously the worst deck to play and the worst deck to play against.

Mind numbingly boring when you are piloting the deck and infuriating when you play against the deck.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So I started looking at which Death Knights were good since the meta started stabilizing and it made more sense to craft things, and it looks like Malfurion, Valeera, Garrosh, Anduin, Gul'dan, Uther, Jaina, and Rexxar are all played in real decks? Like there's really just one that isn't used?

Mind, I realize Hunter isn't very good right now.

As a side note, Amaz will be at the MTG reveal, which I'm sure will end just great.

Edit: Wait, I just noticed Thrall is in this Token Shaman list. I just missed him as he costs 5.

So I started looking at which Death Knights were good since the meta started stabilizing and it made more sense to craft things, and it looks like Malfurion, Valeera, Garrosh, Anduin, Gul'dan, Uther, Jaina, and Rexxar are all played in real decks? Like there's really just one that isn't used?

As a side note, Amaz will be at the MTG reveal, which I'm sure will end just great.

Edit: Wait, I just noticed Thrall is in this Token Shaman list. I just missed him as he costs 5.

I think the most played right now are Anduin,Malfurion and Guldangerous maybe Thrall. Kinda salty i only got 3 heroes and 2 of em aren't played that much.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New data reaper report is out. There must be a bug, they have decks in tier one that aren't Druid, but Papa Reynad told me that Druid is the only deck that can win. :thinking.
This isn't what Tempostorm's meta report says....please read the legend.
Tier S ("God Tier"): Overtuned decks that warp and control a large portion of the meta.
Tier 1: Well-optimized decks with extremely efficient and overwhelmingly powerful combos and card synergies that makes losing against these decks feel helpless and unfair.
Tier 2: Competitive decks that have a few slight weaknesses (e.g., poor comeback mechanics or draw consistency); can still take games off top-tier decks with tech switches.
Tier 3: Average decks that aren't bad, but also aren't optimized or refined; decks that have styles not currently favored by the metagame.
Tier 4: Inconsistent decks that are unrefined, out-of-flavor, overly niche, or retired. Taking wins off upper-tier decks requires an intimate understanding of the role of every card in the deck.
Tier 5: Fun decks that should only be used if you play Hearthstone for the joy of the gameplay, rather than the joy of winning.
Nothing about it is really wrong. Druid is overtuned and warps the meta drastically, which is why you even see stuff like Pirate Warrior sneaking further up. How can you tech vs. Pirates when nearly 40% of the ladder is Druid?

The latest VS data is extremely concerning, although not at all surprising. The winrate of slower decks has absolutely bottomed out.

They are used because people want to make use of them. The viability of the decks that utilize them can be questionable in practice. They will fare much better than quests because they don't have the same downsides though.

Pooya

all of them are good cards, yeah. Turned out much better than the quests.

I think hunter one will be in meta next year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah. Rexxar I got in a pack and the things you can make with that hero power are terrifying.

It's just, you know, the other issues holding Hunter back.

The DKs are pure power creep, they stick out even among the generally overtuned standard sets. While they are exciting at first but we'll tire of seeing them eventually, some quicker than others.

Top Bottom