• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

So already lost 2 ranks playing exodia mage. Was able to get the combo off exactly 3 times. One other opponent scooped long before I had it assembled.

Difficult deck to pilot for sure.

Blizzard

Banned
From the pity timer bug.
I even created a support ticket asking about that and they said it didn't apply to me, my horrible legendary luck was just tough luck, even the Blizzard employee had bad luck with legendaries etc.

I guess they had pity on me when I stopped playing or it was just very slow to apply, but it's a nice gesture.

scarlet

I even created a support ticket asking about that and they said it didn't apply to me, my horrible legendary luck was just tough luck, even the Blizzard employee had bad luck with legendaries etc.

I guess they had pity on me when I stopped playing or it was just very slow to apply, but it's a nice gesture.

Latter

edit:

My legendaries

09/23 Frozen Throne
08/23 JTU
04/20 MSG
05/21 Old Gods
10/31 Classic

Not much

LOL I played this rogue till he used his whole deck, then my deathwing which I summoned from Amber did the perfect damage so that the next card he drew did the 1 damage needed to kill him(He had me dead to rights, too.)

I will say

Jade Druid is a strong deck, but you're fucked if you don't get the right cards in your opening hand.

Big Priest though? Such a bullshit 'fuck you' deck that it doesn't matter if you get the right cards or not.

Zoggy

Hs community: the quests in ungoro sucked, nothing was playable except warrior and rogue. They failed in this regard.

Also hs community: nearly all the death knights are playable and in every deck, that's power creep. They failed in this regard.

Pooya

rupwaSM.png

Discover is officially a deck type lol. I guess that's priest. Discover priest, not control or whatever.

Hs community: the quests in ungoro sucked, nothing was playable except warrior and rogue. They failed in this regard.

Also hs community: nearly all the death knights are playable and in every deck, that's power creep. They failed in this regard.
both these statements are 100% correct.

Quests are looking more and more like 0/9 in that meta, as in utter failure.

as far as cards go, yeah there is little to no reason to take quests anymore. Meanwhile DKs fit in various decks and have strong effects without needing to tailor a deck around them.

Except Hunter.

They should probably staple some immediate effects on a couple of the quests similarly to the DKs Battlecry.

You get in some real stupid situations playing Exodia.

Have you ever gotten your quest Geisted before? Of course that's what gonna happen when you Mulligan it as intended because of PW. Still looked at the queue incredulously.

Or on my last game I was just finishing off my opponent with fireballs from antonidas when I completed the quest. This time agains PW proper, dude decided to protect his board from doomsayer instead of popping my block at 1 for some reason. Made his upgrade look real stupid afterwards.

No that just sends them back immediately.

sad day.

On the other hand, this poor mage Hemet Nesingwaryed his whole deck away because he thought he had me on the run, got me down to 1 HP, but I was able to use Nightmare on my Obsidian to make it 9 attack, and combined with my heal and the other obsidian, I managed to get outside of his kill condition. He did a good job up until then.

He rage quit.

Beckx

Bought 15 pack KotFT. Got Golden Sindragosa, Putricide, and 3 epics, and 4 random goldens. Dusted Sindragosa to make Jaina, then dusted all my random goldens to make Rexxar. Now have all the DK cards yay! Not bad considering that my only other KoFT purchase was the pre-purchase. Having the 2000 dust from the first payback helped, but my luck with these packs has been crazy.

Deathstalker Rexxar is SOOOOO fun in wild. Why yes, I will make a poisonous taunt monkey that gives all my minions +1/+1 everytime I make another beast.

Grief.exe

Bought 15 pack KotFT. Got Golden Sindragosa, Putricide, and 3 epics, and 4 random goldens. Dusted Sindragosa to make Jaina, then dusted all my random goldens to make Rexxar. Now have all the DK cards yay! Not bad considering that my only other KoFT purchase was the pre-purchase. Having the 2000 dust from the first payback helped, but my luck with these packs has been crazy.

Deathstalker Rexxar is SOOOOO fun in wild. Why yes, I will make a poisonous taunt monkey that gives all my minions +1/+1 everytime I make another beast.

Sindragosa actually synergizes well with the Jaina deck, hopefully you have an extra one!

TankUP

I got a golden Primordial Glyph in my chest. Pretty good. Wiibomb got the one I wanted though. Can't complain too much, got a playable card, most epics aren't.

Beckx

Sindragosa actually synergizes well with the Jaina deck, hopefully you have an extra one!

I know, I agonized over it, but watching the decks Toast has been using (Jaina w/o Sindragosa) made me feel a bit better about it. I don't play mage much at all and really just wanted the full set of hero cards going forward.

butts

I'm just not meant to play control mage - in the last 8 games I've drawn to less than 10 cards in my deck in each game but one, and in NONE of these games I've drawn Jaina a single time. Like how is that even possible.

Luigi87

I'm still fairly new...ish with HS.
Feeling like I should craft Jaina (have 1990 dust atm), since whilst at very low ranks, I feel defeated whenever I see my opponent drop a DK. I haven't lost to DKs 100% of the time, but it's a struggle to try and keep up sometimes.

Feeling like I should craft Jaina (have 1990 dust atm), since whilst at very low ranks, I feel defeated whenever I see my opponent drop a DK. I haven't lost to DKs 100% of the time, but it's a struggle to try and keep up sometimes.

I would not just throw a DK into a DK because DKs are strong. They're really only strong when in the right deck.

Beckx

I was in this position and few months ago and what worked for me was looking at the cards I had and figuring out where I only needed one or two expensive pieces to have a strong deck. Basically looking at top decks and what I had. Getting that one strong deck let me really push forward.

wiibomb

if you are newish to HS, I would not advice to craft a DK card until you know you have the right deck for them. a lot of the DK cards fit in many decks, but you still need to fit them, shoehorn a DK card into any deck just because, isn't a good idea.

Luigi87

I would not just throw a DK into a DK because DKs are strong. They're really only strong when in the right deck.

I was in this position and few months ago and what worked for me was looking at the cards I had and figuring out where I only needed one or two expensive pieces to have a strong deck. Basically looking at top decks and what I had. Getting that one strong deck let me really push forward.

if you are newish to HS, I would not advice to craft a DK card until you know you have the right deck for them. a lot of the DK cards fit in many decks, but you still need to fit them, shoehorn a DK card into any deck just because, isn't a good idea.

Yeah, that's why I'm still holding off. I'm working at building a Control Mage deck (haven't really looked online yet for comparisons), so I imagine there are potentially other, cheaper, staple cards I could be better off with.

Grief.exe

Since you're new, I'd recommend being very careful with whatever dust you have and always ask here prior to crafting. I'd advise against crafting Jaina. The deck is not that powerful in the meta currently and is difficult to pilot for newer players, requires players to know situations and decks so they are able to eek out the maximum value. Also, it takes all kinds of Legendary cards to make that deck viable.

One of the cheaper decks to pilot is Token Druid right now, I don't even run any Legendary cards when I use that deck and it's still viable. I believe the most powerful version only uses Finja.

TankUP

Yeah, that's why I'm still holding off. I'm working at building a Control Mage deck (haven't really looked online yet for comparisons), so I imagine there are potentially other, cheaper, staple cards I could be better off with.

It's good advice to hold off, but on the other hand, what are your goals? Is it to make a tier one deck and climb the ranks or is it to make a deck you like that you'll have fun playing?

My first decks were all super janky control decks (control mage was my first, but I also made a control hunter with Steamwheedle Sniper that I liked) and I don't regret it at all even if they were never what you'd call "good" decks.

You'll win more games if you craft a token druid deck, but will you have more fun than if you craft the DK that caught your eye?

If you're playing control mage, I would go for it. Assuming you're not running a heavy burn style control mage we saw in JTU. Elemental control mage is legit imo. Something to be feared if perhaps jade druid is nerfed.

Luigi87

It's good advice to hold off, but on the other hand, what are your goals? Is it to make a tier one deck and climb the ranks or is it to make a deck you like that you'll have fun playing?

My first decks were all super janky control decks (control mage was my first, but I also made a control hunter with Steamwheedle Sniper that I liked) and I don't regret it at all even if they were never what you'd call "good" decks.

You'll win more games if you craft a token druid deck, but will you have more fun than if you craft the DK that caught your eye?

I'm definitely more into playing decks I have fun with. I saw how Druid has currently dominated the ladder (followed by Priest), but lately I've enjoyed playing control style.
I suppose it may be too early to fully commit to Mage and would be irresponsible to just piss away my dust, and I understand what others are saying about having certain other cards to work in conjunction with DK Jaina in a control deck.

TankUP

I'm definitely more into playing decks I have fun with. I saw how Druid has currently dominated the ladder (followed by Priest), but lately I've enjoyed playing control style.
I suppose it may be too early to fully commit to Mage and would be irresponsible to just piss away my dust, and I understand what others are saying about having certain other cards to work in conjunction with DK Jaina in a control deck.

Well, there are some key epics for Mage you need if you're committing to that archetype. You definitely need an Ice Block and two Primordial Glyphs more than you need a DK. Maybe post what your deck looks like now so we have an idea of what you're working with/toward?

Top Bottom