• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

Control Mage is so bad. I have no idea why it is played, loses to Jade Druid and even Murloc Paladins. You are too reliant on Jaina DK to do work.

Pirate Warrior da gawd though. Winning games by turn 5 will never not be good until decks start winning by turn 4 more frequently.

Control Mage is so bad. I have no idea why it is played, loses to Jade Druid and even Murloc Paladins. You are too reliant on Jaina DK to do work.

Pirate Warrior da gawd though. Winning games by turn 5 will never not be good until decks start winning by turn 4 more frequently.
Next set:

Mrrgl's First Mate, 1 mana 1/1 Murloc, Battlecry: Equip a 1/3 Murloc Fin (the Weapon is also a Murloc).

Mrrglches, 1 mana 1/1 Murloc with Charge, After you play a Murloc, summon this minion from your deck.

Yeah. Rexxar I got in a pack and the things you can make with that hero power are terrifying.

It's just, you know, the other issues holding Hunter back.
Pop him into Secret Hunter.

The DKs are pure power creep, they stick out even among the generally overtuned standard sets. While they are exciting at first but we'll tire of seeing them eventually, some quicker than others.
I don't like any of the ones that are just "big cards". What a design failure. I think the only good DKs from a design perspective are Rogue and Hunter. Those both add a diverse and interesting element to the game.

Grief.exe

I was thinking the same thing. A mage tutor card to draw your DK would be interesting. Otherwise, playing that deck will continue to be too inconsistent.

Looks like a lot of fun though.

TankUP

Pirate Warrior is simultaneously the worst deck to play and the worst deck to play against.

I like queueing against PirWar. Usually I'm gonna easily win, and if I lose, at least it was quick. I hate losing long games.

So I started looking at which Death Knights were good since the meta started stabilizing and it made more sense to craft things, and it looks like Malfurion, Valeera, Garrosh, Anduin, Gul'dan, Uther, Jaina, and Rexxar are all played in real decks? Like there's really just one that isn't used?

Garrosh is bad. He sees play but in low tier decks.

This isn't what Tempostorm's meta report says....please read the legend.

Dang that Ramp Druid, warping the whole meta! If I see one more Giant Anaconda get innervated out I'm going to scream.

Anduin in particular has an awful awful effect on wild.

Yeah, if Wild was a real format the complaints about Anduin would make the current hubbub over Druid seem tame.

It's a meta call. People are routinely getting high legend with Control Mage. I'm watching streamers just roll over people with the deck, it's not even close--unless Jaina is at the bottom of your deck, in which case you can't win.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can you link the wild deck?

Something like this.

HVGxq8m_d.jpg

You can switch the recruiter out for spawn of shadows.

There's a ton of tech spots in this deck too. You can go full inspire value with Paletress and Saraad too. Lyra package, all sorts of stuff.

TankUP

Can you link the wild deck?

### Custom Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Light of the Naaru
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Mirage Caller
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (4) Spawn of Shadows
# 1x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Excavated Evil
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (6) Entomb
# 1x (6) Lightbomb
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (8) The Lich King
#
AAEBAa0GHo0P8gy1uwLlBO0FigHkwgL7AdHBAtcK8M8C+wzDwQLTCpvCAoivAti7ApK0AvcTuQa3F8kGg7sC6r8CxxeSD8MWoM4CkNMCws4CAAA=
#

Once you've played Raza and Anduin, spawn of shadows plus mirage caller plus any cheap card is 28 burst damage if you hero power face before playing each card.

I cut Lich King, Geist and Naaru from this original list for more early game.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah the combos make greedy priest even worse. You don't need any late game at all really, just control spells, defensive minions, draw, and combo pieces.

Grief.exe

Thanks for the wild deck insights.

I've gotten the worst epics this set. 2x Glacial Mysteries, 2x Cryostasis, 2x Spectral Pillager, and a Meat Wagon.

I don't really see any of these used in a deck, maybe I'll just disenchant them.

wiibomb

Thanks for the wild deck insights.

I've gotten the worst epics this set. 2x Glacial Mysteries, 2x Cryostasis, 2x Spectral Pillager, and a Meat Wagon.

I don't really see any of these used in a deck, maybe I'll just disenchant them.

well, tbh this set is a lot more loose in terms of required epics. there are very few good epics and a lot of them are even run on niche decks.

of course, there are cases like Ultimate Infestation, but in general this is a much different case form Ungoro.

gutshot

I've been having success with it at rank 5. Lost to one Jade Druid and that was only because my Geist was the second to last card in my deck.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Pirate Warrior is some dumb shit to play as. Get a good opening hand or concede, that applies to other decks sure but it feels hopeless with PW. Probably goes the same for other recent aggro decks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I played that Razakus Deck with Reno and Spawn of Shadows in Wild. It's OP AF.

Shadowreaper Anduin gives Priest some really insane burst damage. You can OTK from like 35-40 HP if you have the right setup.

TankUP

Did you guys hear about the change to Naga Sea Witch? The way it interacts with Giants is different. It sets the base cost of the giant to 5 and then reduces from there, so you can go Naga into filling the board with 8/8s.

I faced a Jade Druid today running Clockwork Giant and had to do some research. Turns out there is a "secret" OP Druid list being passed around on private Discord chats (and believe me, I rolled my eyes harder than you are right now, reading that.) After dealing with smug idiots on the wild discord I finally found a list.

PlFO5c2.jpg

wiibomb

Did you guys hear about the change to Naga Sea Witch? The way it interacts with Giants is different. It sets the base cost of the giant to 5 and then reduces from there, so you can go Naga into filling the board with 8/8s.

I faced a Jade Druid today running Clockwork Giant and had to do some research. Turns out there is a "secret" OP Druid list being passed around on private Discord chats (and believe me, I rolled my eyes harder than you are right now, reading that.) After dealing with smug idiots on the wild discord I finally found a list.

wait.. you mentioned clockwork giant, but this one doesn't have it, is that ok? in any case, this is interesting, wondering how good it works. Why aviana though? doesn't seem to do much work.

also, wasn't there a list of a dead man's hand warrior with naga and lots of giants around?

PlFO5c2.jpg

I mean I haven't seen this exact list but this sort of deck has been on Reddit for 3 days. People are stupid.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

PlFO5c2.jpg

That's the list control came up with on stream yesterday I think. Not exactly a secret.

naga druid is fun but you have shit for early game so it's still p easy to smorc down in wild since you have an extreme lack of ways to affect the board/taunt the bleeding. I got ez r5 last night with it but I don't think it's oppressive like a lot of people are kneejerking. if control decks don't get their removal early though you crush them.

Fewr

Eh.. i'll try to get to 15 with pirate warrior this month, from then on I hope I can get together a decent mage deck to play with.

I haven't even done the prologue of the single player stuff, and I've yet to free Medivh in ONiK, I should focus on that.

TankUP

I mean I haven't seen this exact list but this sort of deck has been on Reddit for 3 days. People are stupid.

That's the list control came up with on stream yesterday I think. Not exactly a secret.

I guess they have some super secret updated version I'm too much of a pleb to see. I doubt it's that much different despite all their posturing.

They won't even confirm for me if their secret list has Clockworks or not.

I guess they have some super secret updated version I'm too much of a pleb to see. I doubt it's that much different despite all their posturing.

They won't even confirm for me if their secret list has Clockworks or not.
They are probably toying with you if you keep asking about a secret list for a deck archetype that's been out there for a few days.

TankUP

They are probably toying with you if you keep asking about a secret list for a deck archetype that's been out there for a few days.

Not me. Someone asked for the list and was directed to the secret Discord before I even got there. All I did was ask if the clockwork giants list I saw was real.

greepoman

So what's the deal with arena ATM? Haven't played in a while and the drafting choices seem wonky?

Anyway tried arena with druid. Was low on health and cards and I top deck ultimate infestation and kill his big minion. Then he floods the board with small minions. Guess what I had drawn into spreading plague and swipe! Dude was so pissed. Probably playing arena to get away from that like I was lol.

Upgrade shouldn't give you a 1/3. How does that even make sense? Where did the axe come from?
Seems like an upgrade to me!

???

Jade druid number 1 seems patently incorrect.
Jade Druid beats a lot of stuff. I got to rank 1 with it in Wild, and then I switched to Control Shaman because people were teching against it too much.

DK Priest beats everything except for lucky Dirty Rat and Deathlord pulls.

PlFO5c2.jpg
I got annihilated by a new Handlock deck in Wild a few days ago that used this combination. I used Vanish on their board and was super confused then all the giants came right back out. -_-

I saw Kars batting rank 6 legend jade druid in wild

So its not hard to believe jade druid tier 0 in wild as well
It has weaknesses, at least:
Egg Druid
Murloc Paladin
Resurrect Priest
OTK Mage
Mill Rogue

I'd say my Jade Druid struggles against all of those. Part of the reason I hope Innervate gets moved to Wild instead of Jade Druid getting annihilated is that it feels really fair in Wild, and it's nice to have something Druid to play besides Aggro Druid.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Kars batting rank 6 legend jade druid in wild

So its not hard to believe jade druid tier 0 in wild as well

N'Zoth/Taunt Druid seems like the most popular at that level from what I've seen other streamers face. Makes sense too, I really don't see how Jade Druid can survive the insane early game a lot of these decks can put out in wild.

TankUP

Now I have all 9 hero cards! After I opened this I crafted the 2 cost prince and now it's time to start saving gold for the next expansion.

If I decide to ever play big priest I'll have to crack some packs for dust to craft a second Obsidian Statue, but I don't think I'll play any priest once I get the golden hero portrait.

So for legendaries I have 17/23 Frozen Throne, 15/23 JTU, 18/20 MSG, 18/21 Old Gods, 13/20 TGT, 17/20 GvG, and 26/31 Classic.

What's sad is I opened way more JTU packs than I did FT, but got screwed by the old duplicate system.

Fewr

So for legendaries I have 17/23 Frozen Throne, 15/23 JTU, 18/20 MSG, 18/21 Old Gods, 13/20 TGT, 17/20 GvG, and 26/31 Classic.

08/23 Frozen Throne
13/23 JTU
05/20 MSG
06/21 Old Gods
00/20 TGT
00/20 GvG
08/31 Classic

I'm waiting for another bundle bonus to get more KoFT packs. I'm happy I finally feel I have a robust collection which allows me to be more competitive (during JtU I only played a control warlock amorphous thing because my collection was lacking everything).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The bug was your packs would act like you never opened a JTU so you would guarantee a legendary in first 10 packs. So they didn't give compensation for that, since it was a beneficial bug. The compensation was from patches before that.

I was just curious because there were two rollouts of the 2000 dust so I figured it might be possible the pity timer reset for everybody was intended but bugged for certain people.

Did you get 2000 dust recently?

neither times. The bug witht the 10 packs only resulted in a single legendary for me a Genzo the shark for Gadgetzan somehow, never could quite grasp why Old Gods in particular didn't give me one.

Only reason I'm not complaining right now is because blizzard still hasn't come knocking for the preorder money I canceled but was left the packs.

Big Priest is some fun bullshit.

Who cares about druid? Priest is fun.

edit: I GOT FUCKING LILIAN VOSS IN A PACK AGAIN

AFTER I DISENCHANTED THAT PIECE OF SHIT

AHHHHHHHHHH

edit:edit: Ok I got death knight guldan everything is better now

edit:edit:edit: Prince Valanar and Arfus one after another, it's like this game fucking hates me and wants to punish me for my opinions on the meta.

scarlet

Big Priest is some fun bullshit.

Who cares about druid? Priest is fun.

edit: I GOT FUCKING LILIAN VOSS IN A PACK AGAIN

AFTER I DISENCHANTED THAT PIECE OF SHIT

AHHHHHHHHHH

edit:edit: Ok I got death knight guldan everything is better now

edit:edit:edit: Prince Valanar and Arfus one after another, it's like this game fucking hates me and wants to punish me for my opinions on the meta.

How many packs you bought?

Top Bottom