• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

50ish packs and 0 crackling razormaw

i already have gold hunter but jeebus. card is everything to this stupid wild midrange hunter but dust is so precious atm with the insane amount of good epic/legs in this exp

Q8D3vil

Curious glimmerroot is bugged with that warrior 1 mana weapon, it showed me 3 shaman cards instead of warrior cards (the right card was stormforge axe).

Couldn't resist and crafted the Wickerflame =p

I still got 7K dust though. Planning to play as Priest, Warrior and Shaman besides Paladin. What should I craft?

Zemm

19-3 with Kolento's Elememtal Paladin deck (plus 1 change). It's pretty good.

vKeJEFU.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Did the Hunter Quest already broke the game?
#RIP Hearthstone

The Hunter quest has been terrible in my experience. Every game I played with it would have been better if I didn't use it and just played a 1 drop on turn 1. It's a really bad card as far as I can tell. I have removed it from all my hunter decks and am doing much better.

So far the viable quests seems to be in order of popularity:
Rogue/Warrior
Mage
Shaman
Priest
Druid/Hunter/Warlock/Paladin

Rogue and Warrior are very popular and seem good. Mage is a lot of people trying to do the Exodia combo and not working or just trying to get a big swing turn and being semi-successful. All the Shaman's I've played against complete the quest and still lose. I've only ever played 1 Quest Priest and they didn't win either (but mostly cause my hero was Ragnaros by that point so DIE, INSECT). The Others I have either never seen or never lost to.

Zemm

People seem to have given up on mage, only 3% of my opponents compared to rogue (25%) and Warrior (20%).

It feels like those two classes are where the meta is heading unless something gets discovered soon.

Elemental paladin looks fun I will give it a try.

I best quest hunter with a quest warrior. They can chew through all the taunt. Plus rag hero power every turn

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
People seem to have given up on mage, only 3% of my opponents compared to rogue (25%) and Warrior (20%).

It feels like those two classes are where the meta is heading unless something gets discovered soon.

I feel like hunter would keep rogue in check atleast.

the hunter quest isn't that bad if you do one of two things; thin tf out of your deck, or limit your 1 drops

in wild i like dropping fel reaver turn 5, letting them nuke my deck, dropping another fel reaver if i can before activating the quest, having double jeeves in my deck to reduce late game stalls, double tundra rhino. limit things to beasts so late game all your one drops become burn with tundra. the 26 1 drop shit doesn't work but it's playable if you don't play with the mindset of completing the quest as fast as you can. with warden you can play a more midrangey game which u have to do you can't play face face face bc other hunter builds are always better for that

it's not broken or anything but it's def playable, most opponents i've seen run too many 1 drops that end your game if you draw into them late though, avoiding that is the most important part

Grief.exe

I might as well bite the bullet and craft patches. Token Druid is so cheap and extremely viable...I guess I could also play Pirate Warrior too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Hunter quest has been terrible in my experience. Every game I played with it would have been better if I didn't use it and just played a 1 drop on turn 1. It's a really bad card as far as I can tell. I have removed it from all my hunter decks and am doing much better.

Hunter quest is super bad, I assumed fersis was joking
I was jokin' indeed.

Lifecoach (A very well known player), made a huge fuzz about the Hunter quest.
He said that when Blizzard asked him for feedback, he requested the Hunter Quest to not be printed because it would break the whole game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It is times when I use swash buckler twice and they give me two stolen goods (give a taunt minion +3/+3) that I feel like breaking my fingers so that I can never play this game again.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I was jokin' indeed.

Lifecoach (A very well known player), made a huge fuzz about the Hunter quest.
He said that when Blizzard asked him for feedback, he requested the Hunter Quest to not be printed because it would break the whole game.

I was Jebaited again. 'S all good.
Lifecoach has a bad opinion? News at 11. Nothing new here.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It is times when I use swash buckler twice and they give me two stolen goods (give a taunt minion +3/+3) that I feel like breaking my fingers so that I can never play this game again.

Well of course a burglar is going to give you stolen goods. What did you expect?

Get it?

If I never play wild is there a reason to not turn them (wild cards) into dust?

Tavern Brawls.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Could you fit Nourish in the Token Druid deck? Sometimes I feel like you run out of steam.

I would worry more about Nourish sitting dead in my hand in the first several turns. The fact that almost every card is playable immediately when you draw it is part of the deck.

When the first 4-5 turns are done and your hand is mostly out of gas, then you should be winning the game in the next turn or two or else concede since the deck certainly can't come back from any kind of board wipes in the later game. So you are certainly right that it does run out of steam, but if you attempt to compensate for that I suspect you'd weaken the early game punch and end up losing more games.

If I never play wild is there a reason to not turn them (wild cards) into dust?

what if you quit the game for a year then get nostalgic later on and poof. you have to spend $300 to play viable standard decks again. versus your wild decks that will be viable forever with one or two adds per expansion.

shit i've only opened up about 50 packs this expansion all from arena and saved gold, and i can't hardly put together anything for standard but i can play any class in wild with something high tier or viable.

fertygo

what if you quit the game for a year then get nostalgic later on and poof. you have to spend $300 to play viable standard decks again. versus your wild decks that will be viable forever with one or two adds per expansion.

shit i've only opened up about 50 packs this expansion all from arena and saved gold, and i can't hardly put together anything for standard but i can play any class in wild with something high tier or viable.

what if he never get those wild card to begin with lol

that exactly where I stand before the first standard rotation to begin with

gvg is fairly easy to catch up on if you want to play wild, most of the good cards from the first rotation are commons or cheap (sludge, shred, velens (?), creeper, darkbomb, healbot, all of those would cost what, just a few hundo dust?). obvi dr 7 and loatheb would be the big exceptions but those aren't even really big time in wild. i donno it's just really expensive to keep up with standard imo considering wild isn't nearly as expensive in the long run

then again ferty ur a tournament player so you wouldn't care about wild lol but unless you're playing in world class tournaments or have tons of cash i don't see dusting all the wilds as a good idea

If I haven't felt nostalgic for Dr. Boom I don't think I'll have a problem with this =p

Ok, maybe I feel nostalgic for Justicar though

Grief.exe

I got an overload quest today and I already had a 2 win Shaman Quest, so I decided to knock them out. Threw every single overload card I have into a deck with some vague elemental and Jade synergies. It ended up going 3-1 😂😂😂😂

2x Dust Devil
2 x Firefly
1x Forked Lightning
2x Jade Claws
1x Fireplume Harbinger
2x Flametongue
1x Rockbiter (filler)
2x stormforged Axe
2x Hex
2x Hot Spring Guardian
1x Unbound Guardian (elemental and overload synergy)
2x Flamewrethed Faceless
2x Jade Lightning
1x Jinyu
2x Volcano (I got a gold one out of a pack and the animation is too gorgeous to dust)
2x Fire Elemental
2x Jade Chieftain
1x Stone Sentinal

I would worry more about Nourish sitting dead in my hand in the first several turns. The fact that almost every card is playable immediately when you draw it is part of the deck.

When the first 4-5 turns are done and your hand is mostly out of gas, then you should be winning the game in the next turn or two or else concede since the deck certainly can't come back from any kind of board wipes in the later game. So you are certainly right that it does run out of steam, but if you attempt to compensate for that I suspect you'd weaken the early game punch and end up losing more games.

No because you are supposed to be closing out games by turn 6-7.

That makes sense. It's a Sprint deck, not a marathon. Taking turn 5 to nourish means you've already admitted defeat.

Zemm

Taunt warrior is by far the most boring deck in the game, possibly ever. At least control was a tiny bit more fun. This has to be the easiest deck to pilot too, so braindead. You could have literally put any rank 15 player in the same spot as Viper right now and nothing would have changed because it's so easy to play.

Top Bottom