• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Schryver

Has anyone been messing with decks built around him? My understanding w/ a deck built around him would be a lot of 1-3 drops for early curve then stack the nice heavy top deckers which will come one after the other once you activate Hemet. Pretty interesting but don't know how viable a deck that would be.
I have been playing a slightly different version of this list but just might craft Hemet because he seems amazing in it

http://m.imgur.com/a/5zSqC
5zSqC

Nordicus

Agreed, though I think Eternal does a fine job of this as well: if the board has 0 minions on it, THEN the weapon can go face. But the minions "protect" your face. This means weapons are primarily used for removal, but if you are facing a low minion control deck it's not a dead card - best of both worlds.
Also lets the devs design have some seriously game ending weapons

Have seen people toying with this again in white/black ramp deck.
Basically, poisonous, infinite use Gladiator's Longbow (unless you attack the weapon's user, ping that user's face or use weapon removal) that ends games with no board in 2 turns.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So Tarim and Mage Quest I was happy about, but Ozruk seems pretty pointless unless I go heavy elemental, Elise I'll definitely use for fun decks, but the real head scratcher is Hemet.

Has anyone been messing with decks built around him? My understanding w/ a deck built around him would be a lot of 1-3 drops for early curve then stack the nice heavy top deckers which will come one after the other once you activate Hemet. Pretty interesting but don't know how viable a deck that would be.

I crafted him with an intention to do something weird and dumb with him, but haven't had the inspiration yet.

Maybe I'll try a silly version of Jade druid with it. Discard almost your entire deck so you can start your Jade Idol train.

EDIT: Unbeatable Decklist

hollomat

Banned
Mage seems to be back as the best hero pick for arena. I've done 4 arena runs as mage since Un'Goro launched and I've gone 10 wins or better in all of them. Granted I've gotten lucky with my draws (although I haven't gotten a single flamestrike or blizzard), but flame geyser, primordial glyph, and meteor are huge gains for arena (meteor may be the new best AoE spell).

My average for every other class since the expansion is around 3 wins overall. For reference, my average for arena is around 5 wins.

Tar Creeper in my opinion is the best new arena card. It stops agro builds dead in their tracks.

tylerf

Glad to see Lyra get a bit of play since I opened a gold one from packs. The last gold legendary I opened was Krul and he was pretty useless outside of wild maybe.

Grief.exe

When you preorder an expansion they should include a few packs from the previous expansions, in this case Gadgetzan, Old Gods, and Classic.

DSmalls84

I have no paladin legendaries somehow so I've never bothered trying the class. They seem too important.

Tirion and Rag are pretty much auto includes and Whickerflame is pretty common as well. If I didn't get 2/3 of those from packs I wouldn't ever play Paladin lol.

Mulgrok

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this bug, but Spikeridged Steed overwrites any pre-existing summon minion deathrattle.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There are a lot of bad cards that could win a game single handedly in very specific situations to make them seem OP. That is one of them.

It is a buff to Ivory Knight though.

That's Dinosize.

There's a lot of cards that are easy to mix up the names with in this expansion. Emerald Reaver and Emerald Hive Queen is one I got mixed up earlier in this topic.

I think one small yet important critique of this expansion is how hard it is to get the names straight. They should work on diversifying the names more.

Also lets the devs design have some seriously game ending weapons

Have seen people toying with this again in white/black ramp deck.
Basically, poisonous, infinite use Gladiator's Longbow (unless you attack the weapon's user, ping that user's face or use weapon removal) that ends games with no board in 2 turns.
I really did like Eternal. I'm just sad about their mechanics staying a little too archaic for my taste.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What if they changed it so if you go face with your wep it breaks? So like arc reaper could still go face for 5 once, but it breaks after. So then you can't do 10. Would force players to use it on removal first.

What if they changed it so if you go face with your wep it breaks? So like arc reaper could still go face for 5 once, but it breaks after. So then you can't do 10. Would force players to use it on removal first.

I like that and the idea of not letting charge minions hit face first.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Savjz beat a freeze mage twice in a row at high legend with eye for an eye. The second one was technically sudoku but the first one was a fuck up on the mages part.

Savjz beat a freeze mage twice in a row at high legend with eye for an eye. The second one was technically sudoku but the first one was a fuck up on the mages part.
Is there even anything mage can do once they are at 1 and you got it active? Short of teching in eater of secrets or the one that steals 'em
Hunter hero power should just straight up say: Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero or give a minion +1 attack.
Sure Paladin's HP should say make a 1/1 or deal 1 damage to a minion.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, just tried to friend someone to talk about the sickest hunter draw i've ever seen from them and to challenge them to a rematch with 80 gold quest benifit, and they accepted and signed off.

Also could challenge Karsticles, but he's too good for hearthstone and playing Overwatch instead.

Oh well, anyone else want that 80 gold challenge?

Americas Server
thepotatoman #1824

EDIT: Already Claimed

I sometimes wonder what went into Firefly's development. It's too synergistic with too many quests in addition to being elemental tribe.
Like did they retrofit a couple quests or did they set out to make a 1 drop that works with half of them.
The Paladin Hero Power affects the board - it would be best if all Hero Powers had a board effect.
Hunter already has a very strong Hero Power straight up buffing it would be ludicrous.

Top Bottom