• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
gvg is fairly easy to catch up on if you want to play wild, most of the good cards from the first rotation are commons or cheap (sludge, shred, velens (?), creeper, darkbomb, healbot, all of those would cost what, just a few hundo dust?). obvi dr 7 and loatheb would be the big exceptions but those aren't even really big time in wild. i donno it's just really expensive to keep up with standard imo considering wild isn't nearly as expensive in the long run

then again ferty ur a tournament player so you wouldn't care about wild lol but unless you're playing in world class tournaments or have tons of cash i don't see dusting all the wilds as a good idea

It's super expensive to make greedy wild decks. But yeah the best wild decks are super cheap if you had lots of standard cards.

scarlet

19-3 with Kolento's Elememtal Paladin deck (plus 1 change). It's pretty good.

vKeJEFU.png

I think he's playing it now

squidyj

How is Lyra? Seems like she's getting more use than most people expected.

i was being sarcastic. shit is fucking idiotic. priest doesn't really have to know or play their fucking deck, they just smash their face into the phone or keyboard and hope to highroll.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Elemental Paladin looks like my kind of deck. I'm kind of sad that I already have 500 wins with Paladin now, lol.

Opened 45 packs so far. 3 legendaries: the Warlock one, Hemet, and quest Rogue. Going to take awhile getting all the quest cards.

In the meantime, I'll play Hunter.

wiibomb

after seeing those decklists with silence priest I liked it a lot, I just need those shamblers to finish making it, without those the deck falls short

"Quest rogue is such a brain dead deck" as proved by HGG casters.

They said evisc on igneous would lead to a loss. No, it was his only chance to win.

Then later they said hotform would trade. After going face they claim it's a straight forward deck. They said then he wins with a charge top deck, ignoring the fact that the deck has a ton of bounces to win too.

Then when hotform wins, because he played towards that lethal out with a bounce card top deck, only the "Quest rogue is brain dead" crowd is surprised.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

They said evisc on igneous would lead to a loss. No, it was his only chance to win.

Then later they said hotform would trade. After going face they claim it's a straight forward deck. They said then he wins with a charge top deck, ignoring the fact that the deck has a ton of bounces to win too.

Then when hotform wins, because he played towards that lethal out with a bounce card top deck, only the "Quest rogue is brain dead" crowd is surprised.

I know, right?

I saw how many people were misplaying that deck on the first day and I knew immediately that it wasn't braindead.

squidyj

it beat me and it didn't take 20 turns, must be brain dead.

Edit: btw
MY BOY HOTFORM, OH CANADA!

br3wnor

62 decks and got 6 Legendaries which is pretty amazing odds wise:

Ozruk
Ozruk
Sunkeeper Tarim
Mage Quest
Hemet, Jungle Hunter
Elise Trailblazer

So Tarim and Mage Quest I was happy about, but Ozruk seems pretty pointless unless I go heavy elemental, Elise I'll definitely use for fun decks, but the real head scratcher is Hemet.

Has anyone been messing with decks built around him? My understanding w/ a deck built around him would be a lot of 1-3 drops for early curve then stack the nice heavy top deckers which will come one after the other once you activate Hemet. Pretty interesting but don't know how viable a deck that would be.

Dahbomb

thoughtsteal thoughtsteal mind vision glimmerroot glimmerroot lyra

priest going full retard on rng is so much fun.

i was being sarcastic. shit is fucking idiotic. priest doesn't really have to know or play their fucking deck, they just smash their face into the phone or keyboard and hope to highroll.

These types of posts are not healthy for discussion and have gotten people banned before. Especially that first post, I suggest revising before it's too late.

Arjen

Opponent has 5 minions on board, me zero. One health left opponent 6. I topdeck brawl, hero power hits face. Abosutly disgusting lol

Tacitus_

Sottle is just bad at the game and bad at casting. I have no idea why they keep bringing him along.

squidyj

casters keep dropping the ball on elemental synergy strategy
"he's just playing the 4/5 to close the game"

not entirely, he plays the elemental so he can activate another taunt next turn
he needs to play the taunt this turn and he needs to get elemental synergy rolling, no mention of that from casters tho.

Dahbomb

Better than Shamanstone.

Warrior always had some of the best class cards. They were dominant in OG as well when there was a new Standard reset and classes had to rely on their basic tools. Warrior always had the best toolkit so they are doing well.

Better than Shamanstone.

Warrior always had some of the best class cards. They were dominant in OG as well when there was a new Standard reset and classes had to rely on their basic tools. Warrior always had the best toolkit so they are doing well.

I'd take Shamanstone over Warriorstone any day. The worst part about it is you always have to mull for PW but then you end up w/ a clunky hand against QW.
When facing Shaman you mulled for slight variants not complete archetypes.
It doesn't help that QW is the most boring deck that managed to be meta for quite some time.

Blizzard

Banned
For those complaining about Quest Rogue finishing their quest quickly, I just had a ranked game that was a prime example of how it doesn't happen consistently enough.

Quest Rogue vs. Quest Rogue. I played 3 Swashburglars. I drew cards with novice apprentice and 2 mimic pods.

With that combination, you'd think I would have a good game, right? But no, I couldn't finish and play the quest until TURN 8. I had a single bounce card in my top 14, even after I used mulligan on my whole non-quest starting hand.

By the time I played the quest, they had played the quest the turn before and had 7 5/5 minions on the field, so I instantly lost.

After 20 ranked games, I'm 10/10, certainly not getting past the rank 17-18 barrier. I'll try modifying again and play some more.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still feels like weapons are part of the OP issue in Hearthstone since inception. Too much removal or burst damage. You'll also notice classes rise and fall as they gain/lose their wep cards.

Idk how they fix that this late in the game nor am I sure Blizz wants too.

Dahbomb

Weapons being used as removals is whatever. We have a weapon in the game that can kill 2 20 HP minions and that barely sees ever play. We have a weapon that can kill 4 3 HP minions on the board in a single turn. We have a weapon that can kill 2 5 HP minions without taking any damage on the hero. Hell technically we have a weapon that kill 8 2 HP minions on the board over 4 turns.

The issue has and always will be the ability of weapons to hit face as well.

FeD.nL

I'd take Shamanstone over Warriorstone any day. The worst part about it is you always have to mull for PW but then you end up w/ a clunky hand against QW.
When facing Shaman you mulled for slight variants not complete archetypes.
It doesn't help that QW is the most boring deck that managed to be meta for quite some time.

What makes QW more boring then other curve decks in the past, just the fact it´s playing taunts?

Blizzard

Banned
Weapons being used as removals is whatever. We have a weapon in the game that can kill 2 20 HP minions and that barely sees ever play.
What weapon is that? I just went through the weapon list and can't find it.

Speaking of cards I don't know, I just got One-eyed Cheat in the brawl. I think I've literally never seen that card.

Dahbomb

What weapon is that? I just went through the weapon list and can't find it.

Speaking of cards I don't know, I just got One-eyed Cheat in the brawl. I think I've literally never seen that card.
Envenom Weapon. Can kill infinite HP minions twice technically speaking. Of course it's hardly good against the enemy hero which makes it balanced.

Blizzard

Banned
Envenom Weapon. Can kill infinite HP minions twice technically speaking. Of course it's hardly good against the enemy hero which makes it balanced.
That's not a weapon, though, it's a spell that affects a weapon. :p There are ways to make arcanite reaper stronger for example, but that doesn't mean the base card is the problem.

And why twice? If you use it and you have a 3 durability weapon, you could kill 3 infinite HP minions.

Dahbomb

Sure I guess it's technically a spell but it works like a weapon with the Rogue hero power.

My point is that powerful single target removals (which is what weapons are) don't create clear imbalances in game play even if they are cost effective. Weapons are super cost effective but you pay with your HP when it comes to removal... however that does not apply when hitting the opponent's face. So what should be a removal that deals with 2 3 HP for some of your own HP sacrificed... turns into 6 damage for 2 mana over two turns. That's a Fireball that instead of costing 4 mana and on one turn, is down across two turns for half the mana.

Weapons being used as removals is whatever. We have a weapon in the game that can kill 2 20 HP minions and that barely sees ever play. We have a weapon that can kill 4 3 HP minions on the board in a single turn. We have a weapon that can kill 2 5 HP minions without taking any damage on the hero. Hell technically we have a weapon that kill 8 2 HP minions on the board over 4 turns.

The issue has and always will be the ability of weapons to hit face as well.

Agreed, though I think Eternal does a fine job of this as well: if the board has 0 minions on it, THEN the weapon can go face. But the minions "protect" your face. This means weapons are primarily used for removal, but if you are facing a low minion control deck it's not a dead card - best of both worlds.

Oh envenom weapon.
If only rogues could heal
I am running 2 in N'Zoth Mill Rogue. :-D So much value in one card. Maybe the highest value removal card in the game next to Gorehowl?

Mulgrok

My crappy Kazakus Mage deck is doing pretty well. I lack some cards to make it better, but the only deck I have remotely any trouble against is quest warrior.

EDIT: My experience is at rank 5.

EDIT: 3 infinite fireball mages die before combo or concede to iceblock. hehe, fuck that deck

EDIT2: Deck would not be possible without arcanologist pulling out survival/thinning deck.

My crappy Kazakus Mage deck is doing pretty well. I lack some cards to make it better, but the only deck I have remotely any trouble against is quest warrior.

EDIT: My experience is at rank 5.

EDIT: 3 infinite fireball mages die before combo or concede to iceblock. hehe, fuck that deck

EDIT2: Deck would not be possible without arcanologist pulling out survival/thinning deck.
Win condition?

Top Bottom