• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

I would argue that Discovering a spell (with no additional cost) is better than drawing a random spell from your deck that costs additional mana. The value of a lot of spells is reacting to a situation or match up.

Pooya

glyph isn't going to be nerfed. The card is OP AF but that's the only thing keeping mage in the game right now, it's still bad design imo but if every class has its own OP things, game would be better than right now when only druid has really OP things and nothing else has anything comparable.

If they want to make the game exciting, they have to print some obviously powerful cards so that mainstay decks change. Problem is quality card distribution in this game has always been poor. They give everything to two class, others get shit.

The other problem with druid is that their new powerful cards just made old decks better. That's not healthy.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Been playing some Taunt Warrior and it's working out ok though it's just at season reset so who knows. If only Saronite Chain Gang counted for 2 it'd be busted

wiibomb

so, apparently only the winner gets 2 packs, which was Czech Republic going by what I saw on reddit. weird, I think this is the first time the award for the actual winner and not for going to the finals.

wiibomb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since glyph is more likely to discover spells from this expansion set it's gotten somewhat of a nerf.

but.. that's not how it works, discover has more chances to discover cards from your class, so for example, primordial glyph has more chances to discover mage spells, like firelands portal.

EDIT: and i case of mages, since there are no neutral spells, everything has the same chance of being discovered.

Grief.exe

but.. that's not how it works, discover has more chances to discover cards from your class, so for example, primordial glyph has more chances to discover mage spells, like firelands portal.

EDIT: and i case of mages, since there are no neutral spells, everything has the same chance of being discovered.

I should have explained more.

Since the spells added this expansion (glacial mysteries, Simulacrum, Breath of Syndragossa, and Frozen Clone) are all fairly useless, you're disproportionately more likely to have worse picks than in Ungoro.

This is assuming you're more likely to receive choices from this expansion.

Pooya

I played ladder a bit, seems like people aren't even trying to target druid. I played against freaking control shaman and handlock lol. I guess I'm playing jade druid for easy climb. As long as not many mirror games, I'm fine...

I'd rather just play against druids at this point when I'm playing something else. Control mage doesn't beat anything else lol, specially not some of these greedy and dumb control decks.

vall03

I still have around 4k dust and I'm thinking that instead of crafting expansion cards, would it be fine to craft Classic Legendaries instead? I actually don't know what Frozen Throne cards I want to craft after Rexxar, and I might go for Tirion and Deathwing since I still don't them for more than a year.

Also, is this stat of Hunters having good winrates at lower ranks really true? I played from 23 last month and I seriously struggled to reach 20. I'm actually afraid of ranking up right now since I know there are going to be top tier meta decks at those ranks. Might wait for a week or two before climbing.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
No one responds to my conceding "Well Played" with a responding "Well Played" anymore. It's either nothing or a "Thanks".

Kinda annoying after a long string of it. I mean, I'm not being salty about your raven into mark of the y'saarj in wild, least you can do is return a well played instead of thank you.

ExVicis

No one responds to my conceding "Well Played" with a responding "Well Played" anymore. It's either nothing or a "Thanks".

Kinda annoying after a long string of it. I mean, I'm not being salty about your raven into mark of the y'saarj in wild, least you can do is return a well played instead of thank you.

Guess we never have had a match randomly, I always say well played.

scarlet

I really need to use my time wisely instead of rushing. I can't help, I always impatience, and it ended up me rushing and trading badly.

After 20 minutes of mirror match, I lost because of a missplay. That hurts.

Dahbomb

I played ladder a bit, seems like people aren't even trying to target druid. I played against freaking control shaman and handlock lol. I guess I'm playing jade druid for easy climb. As long as not many mirror games, I'm fine...

I'd rather just play against druids at this point when I'm playing something else. Control mage doesn't beat anything else lol, specially not some of these greedy and dumb control decks.
It's start of months, people are actually trying to play what they want to play.

Also Handlock isn't super free for Jade Druid. They can get out a Mountain Giant into Shambler and you can get steam rolled. But I would still want to be Jade Druid in that match just for the easy time.

I don't think frozen throne made glyph all that much worse.
There's 4 new spells and 2 of them are situationally useful. Glyph into Glacial Mysteries is not bad, you're paying 8 mana over multiple turns to draw and play 2 cards for free generally.

Simulacrum is a good cards as well most often it's gonna be a doomsayer but in exodia it's whatever card you're playing instead of a simulacrum in your deck.

As such if my numbers are right we're talking a

(1/40+1/39+1/38)/2 chance of getting a KotFT spell that's bad on any single Primordial Glyph. Which is just ~4%

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda want to craft the priest death knight next time i get enough dust for a legendary, but I still don't have Lyra, Elise the Trailblazer, Shadow Visions, or Curious Glimmerroot. Is it still worth it?

I do have Raza the Chained.

Priest is pretty expensive, I haven't felt able to use it since MSoG.

scarlet

I kinda want to craft the priest death knight next time i get enough dust for a legendary, but I still don't have Lyra, Elise the Trailblazer, Shadow Visions, or Curious Glimmerroot. Is it still worth it?

I do have Raza the Chained.

Priest is pretty expensive, I haven't felt able to use it since MSoG.

You don't need lyra, elise, or glimmeroot.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow Visions is absolutely a must.

Yeah, probably. I guess I can just craft a couple of Vilespine Slayers next so I can play Rogue for real again, and call it good until I bank 2,000 dust at least.

I'm pretty sure you don't need Shaku or Sherazin to play a good competitive rogue.

Yeah, probably. I guess I can just craft a couple of Vilespine Slayers next so I can play Rogue for real again, and call it good until I bank 2,000 dust at least.

I'm pretty sure you don't need Shaku or Sherazin to play a good competitive rogue.
Sherazin might not be necessary, but I'll be damned if he hasn't won me a ton of games.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sherazin might not be necessary, but I'll be damned if he hasn't won me a ton of games.

Amnesiac said he was pretty sure it was never right to play it, and I trust him. Even if he's wrong, at the very least it must be debatable.

Pooya

Right now Sherazin is awful for sure. It was never really good but with the current power level of decks is just bad.

It is easily get traded up against aggro and you will never get it back. It's not really threatening against control either since you want to pace your resources and not necessarily revive it.

I'd rather play Xaril against control. Stealth toxin is game winning by itself. Stealth a giant or questing, it's usually gg but even that is not good enough.

Definitely don't craft it, I don't think the card will ever come back to meta. Rogue is bound to get better cards before that can happen again.

I like shaku though, stealth and the early board control it enables is pretty big and it gives you a card. It's very unique, probably best thing you can play in rogue on turn 3. That's valuable.

Amnesiac said he was pretty sure it was never right to play it, and I trust him. Even if he's wrong, at the very least it must be debatable.

Right now Sherazin is awful for sure. It was never really good but with the current power level of decks is just bad.

It is easily get traded up against aggro and you will never get it back. It's not really threatening against control either since you want to pace your resources and not necessarily revive it.

I'd rather play Xaril against control. Stealth toxin is game winning by itself. Stealth a giant or questing, it's usually gg but even that is not good enough.

Definitely don't craft it, I don't think the card will ever come back to meta. Rogue is bound to get better cards before that can happen again.

I like shaku though, stealth and the early board control it enables is pretty big and it gives you a card. It's very unique, probably best thing you can play in rogue on turn 3. That's valuable.
The thing is you don't go out of your way to revive it, that's the mistake a lot of people seem to make. I usually get two revives off and it was always worth it. I don't even know what I'd replace it with. I already run Xaril as well for the chance at the stealth.

Fewr

The shirts and especially ties the presenters are wearing... ugh.. :-/

They want to look formal, yet that combination makes them look tacky. Get rid of the tie at least.

fertygo

I saw justsaiyan play it on stream and its look kinda fun actually

its can be played like normal deck unlike the coldlight bring it on version

Its about time that Blizzard increases dust from cards, the game has become so much more expensive.

Legendary=800
Epic=200
Rare=50
Common=10-20

Dust values were still okay during like Goblin vs Gnomes but nowadays where Blizzard has given classes 2 legendaries per expansion there is no way to keep up unless you spend atleast150$ or more every expansion depending on your luck.

Lyng

Yeah people are complete jerks with emotes. Removing emotes completely would do alot of good for hearthstone.

Also on a different note: It feels a million times better for me to loose to Exodia mage or back when Quest rogue was a thing, or Miracle rogue, then loosing to something like Jade druid or Big priest.
Actually beeing beaten by a deck that requires a little bit of brains feels better to me.

Sande

Man fuck Frostmourne. It's such a strong outlier in Lich King's card pool. Almost any control match is immediately over.

Top Bottom