• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I just learned that if you play DK Jaina and then play DK Anduin (and of course any other DK) that your Elementals will still have Lifesteal for the rest of the game.

Fucking Mill Rogue almost caught me slippin. I always get excited when I see it though.

And question, if someone says "Well played" and I respond with Thank You, is that BM? Cause I do it all the time.

Lol, so I summon a 14/14 Van Cleef and a 8/8 Adventurer on turn 3 and still lose because Druid is broken.

God Blizzard, you really are incompetent. Not only should these cards never have made it to the live client, but they should have nerfed within the first fucking week. Yet here we are, a month after the expansion with a class that has multiple archetypes more broken than Undertaker Hunter.

Seriously, people should be losing their jobs over this shit.

scarlet

A pally playing a bone drake and using that resummon minion and spell, and I just silenced it and he conceded.

This meta is full of silence, why'd you keep buffing a single minion.

Hycran

Banned
It seems to me like Jaraxxus might have multiple stages to his battlecry. He dies before he can finish "landing" on the board, so the later parts don't trigger. Something like that?

That's the first thing I thought as well. Since he is a minion, there is likely a second phase or trigger that is supposed to occur after the battle cry (basically, transform your hero) which never resolves.

Also, I love hand Jaraxxus. I unironically think it would be great if minions or spells did stuff in the hand to make the game feel a bit livelier. For example, it would be neat if shapeshifter zerus gave you a hint as to the quality, mana cost or tribe of the minion he transformed into.

Pooya

Hopefully they learned something from past and don't have even more stupid priest cards lined up in the next set, turning them into another shaman. Priest shouldn't get anything until next rotation. It's very dangerous already.

FeD.nL

Hopefully they learned something from past and don't have even more stupid priest cards lined up in the next set, turning them into another shaman. Priest shouldn't get anything until next rotation. It's very dangerous already.

That is still the thing that I find the most surprising from Team 5. I really expected the change to standard to allow a tight constructed block where you more or less know where a class ends up by the end of the year. But still they just print reactionary, and keep giving powerful cards/effects to see what sticks.

Like Druid for example, there is no reason for the class to have access to 4 ramp effects and UI within 3 sets. You could have printed UI next rotation and, while still powerful, it would be a whole lot less problematic. And this isn't like rocket science or anything, but with UI you purposely throw away the inherent weakness of ramping. Which you of course can do but do it in an environment where Druid doesn't have access to a crap ton of ramp spells.

Priest is in the same boat. They just keep throwing overtuned cards at it and then it ends up powerful, again there is no reason for Priest to have all these cards at this time. Like you could move a lot of these cards to next year and while still powerful it would not create a problem as big.

fertygo

Priest is in the same boat. They just keep throwing overtuned cards at it and then it ends up powerful, again there is no reason for Priest to have all these cards at this time. Like you could move a lot of these cards to next year and while still powerful it would not create a problem as big.
Err what.. priest definitely not get as blatant push as shaman get in whisper of old golds

Most of their new card is not good.. theý getting 1-2 great carď and we gonna cry oh priest get so many good card?

That not made any sense

scarlet

Err what.. priest definitely not get as blatant push as shaman get in whisper of old golds

Most of their new card is not good.. theý getting 1-2 great carď and we gonna cry oh priest get so many good card?

That not made any sense

+1

Priest has been shit for a while. Got 1 amazing card and people acting like priest has been the best deck for years.

I can get the criticism for jade druid, but priest? Come on, it's far from being OP.

Q8D3vil

Priest still struggle in the early to mid game, try playing it vs any decent hand pirate warrior, aggro druid and murloc palladin to see how hard it is to survive early and mid game.
DK priest just introduced a consistent win condition which priest was lacking since the classic set (beside combo priest which is inconsistent as hell).

Pooya

"murloc paladin is a super weak deck that loses to almost everything".

I know it's not so hot but that's a bit harsh. I guess in this format it's awful, I can see that.

fertygo

"murloc paladin is a super weak deck that loses to almost everything".

I know it's not so hot but that's a bit harsh. I guess in this format it's awful, I can see that.
Playing that deck can be super frustating

Its curve is quite high but if you miss out early curve you're done.
So I can understand the sentiment

Sande

Quest mage managed to mill 2 of my cards with his second damn oracle and of course one of them was the secret eater I put in the deck specifically so I don't have to deal with this exodia shit.

Sigh

Coming back to the game after a year hiatus, played through a few wings of the new Frozen Throne Adventure and purchased some packs from Ungoro and Frozen Throne. Have a 20$ credit to the iTunes store (I play on ios and PC) should I pick up the Karazan adventure? Which would be more beneficial to me catching up? I see a lot of Druid hate at the moment although I predominantly have played Hunter.

Started playing this last week to avoid studying. Played only Mage and Rogue decks in casual. Mostly only have neutral cards, only 8-10 class specific cards for any class. Was gonna grab a few packs, does it matter what ones I buy? Is Classic the best to get?

Kornflayx

Getting a Mass Dispel off of Yogg to hit a 52/52 Lyra only to get stomped into the ground by two 18/18 Faceless Shamblers.

Man, that doesn't feel good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Started playing this last week to avoid studying. Played only Mage and Rogue decks in casual. Mostly only have neutral cards, only 8-10 class specific cards for any class. Was gonna grab a few packs, does it matter what ones I buy? Is Classic the best to get?

You get a guaranteed legendary in your first ten packs of each kind. So open classic packs until you get a legendary, then open frozen throne packs until you get a legendary, then ungoro, then msog, then wotog, then go back to classic packs for a while.

Also buy the welcome pack.

That is still the thing that I find the most surprising from Team 5. I really expected the change to standard to allow a tight constructed block where you more or less know where a class ends up by the end of the year. But still they just print reactionary, and keep giving powerful cards/effects to see what sticks.

Like Druid for example, there is no reason for the class to have access to 4 ramp effects and UI within 3 sets. You could have printed UI next rotation and, while still powerful, it would be a whole lot less problematic. And this isn't like rocket science or anything, but with UI you purposely throw away the inherent weakness of ramping. Which you of course can do but do it in an environment where Druid doesn't have access to a crap ton of ramp spells.

It feels like they are balancing around a post-rotation meta. Like Jade Druid? Yeah that's OP, but Jades are rotating soon so UI should be OK.

Razakus Priest is too good? Well, Kazakus and Raza are both rotating soon, and it will be fine then.

I felt like that was the case when Quest Priest and Reno coexisted in Standard, too. Aymara was clearly supposed to be a Reno replacement for Priest, and it was "too much" until Reno Jackson rotated out.

Getting a Mass Dispel off of Yogg to hit a 52/52 Lyra only to get stomped into the ground by two 18/18 Faceless Shamblers.

Man, that doesn't feel good.
If super awesome RNG happens in my favor, I don't feel like I deserve the win. It's actually really easy for me to accept a loss in that situation.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Coming back to the game after a year hiatus, played through a few wings of the new Frozen Throne Adventure and purchased some packs from Ungoro and Frozen Throne. Have a 20$ credit to the iTunes store (I play on ios and PC) should I pick up the Karazan adventure? Which would be more beneficial to me catching up? I see a lot of Druid hate at the moment although I predominantly have played Hunter.

Kindly Grandmother and Cat Trick are pretty good hunter cards, but I don't think they're completely required, and they will be moved to Wild only in about 4 months.

Though it might be worth it just for the single player content, and when it rotates to wild you'll get 2,950 dust if you don't want to keep the cards to play wild.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Very surprised if they nerf druid in the middle of HCT.

Hope everyone is looking forward to the new Priest dominated meta.

Priest will be good against the slow decks but not nearly as good against the faster and midrange decks.

But what are the chances that do anything but change UI? I don't see them changing more than one druid card.

Priest will be good against the slow decks but not nearly as good against the faster and midrange decks.

But what are the chances that do anything but change UI? I don't see them changing more than one druid card.

In what world is Priest weak to fast decks right now? They have all the answers. Potion of Madness alone can shut down two turns worth of plays.

Priests are only weak to combo decks right now...sometimes.

But hey, if Priests dominating the meta gets DK Anduin nerfed, I'm all for a little suffering.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
In what world is Priest weak to fast decks right now? They have all the answers. Potion of Madness alone can shut down two turns worth of plays.

Priests are only weak to combo decks right now...sometimes.

But hey, if Priests dominating the meta gets DK Anduin nerfed, I'm all for a little suffering.

Pirate warrior and murloc paladin beat priest, and aggro druid is at worst even.

inky

Do you think druid is at an appropriate strength level and usage level.

Do you think the card I mentioned is responsible for it? But I mean, why does it matter anyway. People's kneejerk reactions killed Ancient of Lore too.

Let's throw out the baby out with the bathwater already, at least people will stop it now and finally move on.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do you think the card I mentioned is responsible for it? But I mean, why does it matter anyway. People's kneejerk reactions killed Ancient of Lore too.

Let's throw out the baby out with the bathwater already, at least people will stop it now and finally move on.

Why are you crying about an innervate nerf when no innervate nerf has been announced?

Top Bottom