• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

kirblar

Because that's what all the "feedback" has been about? Blizzard nerfs murder cards. That's what they do.
In this case, there are lots of cards that may be hit. Innervate, UI, Swarming Plague, etc.

Innervate going from "add 2 mana" to "replenish 2 crystals" would be a reasonable change that reduces how obnoxious the card is while still leaving it playable and actually makes it more on-point lore/flavor wise.

Similarly, UI going to "draw until you have 5" would be a cute way to nerf the card without dumpstering it.

Dahbomb

brace-yourself-nerf-is-coming.jpg

In this case, there are lots of cards that may be hit. Innervate, UI, Swarming Plague, etc.

Innervate going from "add 2 mana" to "replenish 2 crystals" would be a reasonable change that reduces how obnoxious the card is while still leaving it playable and actually makes it more on-point lore/flavor wise.

Similarly, UI going to "draw until you have 5" would be a cute way to nerf the card without dumpstering it.

Both of those seem reasonable and doesn't totally kill those cards

inky

Yeah well, we've both been following this game since beta, right? Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else.

"Reasonable" nerfs is not something I expect Blizzard to do.

kirblar

Yeah well, we've both been following this game since beta, right? Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else.

"Reasonable" nerfs is not something I expect Blizzard to do.
Innervate in the basic set make this a very awkward situation as HOFing it likely isn't an option.

Do you think the card I mentioned is responsible for it? But I mean, why does it matter anyway. People's kneejerk reactions killed Ancient of Lore too.

Let's throw out the baby out with the bathwater already, at least people will stop it now and finally move on.

Innervate? Hell yes. It's a big part of why druid is broken and has been tier 1 almost throughout the history of the game. It also immensely impacts card design as it affects druid minions, spells, and even neutral minions in a big way. Having ramp and innervate in the same class was a mistake.

Also, kneejerk reactions definitely did not kill ancient of lore. That was not even a highly criticized card in terms of being broken or OP. If anything people correctly pointed out that it's too ubiquitous and that is the reason why it was nerfed. It's not even like Druid suddenly became bad because of the combo and lore being nerfed, the class remained largely top tier in one form or another.

People have been calling out innervate since classic. If it takes them 3 years to finally do something about it, it's far from a kneejerk reaction.

Innervate in the basic set make this a very awkward situation as HOFing it likely isn't an option.

I don't think they're afraid of HOF a basic card. They have many options, I don't think they'd categorically shut off one as an option. It just makes other options slightly more appealing imo.

Dahbomb

Blizzard is hit and miss on their nerfs.

Sometimes they nerf a card and it's a reasonable nerf (like Execute, Abusive Sergeant etc) where the card is nerfed but still playable.

Then on the other spectrum they hit the card so hard it never sees play.

greepoman

Going to be real interesting what they do with druid. I think it's more a perfect storm of cards than any one card in particular. They just have so many ramp, draw, heal, defensive and removal options. I do agree innervate is probably the strong individual card that needs a nerf but I'm not sure just nerfing the one card would do much.

Nerfing the taunts might be the least disruptive (spreading plague for jade and the 2 & 3 taunt for aggro) because then jade could be more punished by early game and aggro druid wouldn't be able to protect its minions so well.

But since it's blizzard they'll probably just delete the druid class cause why try to fix something properly when you can nerf it into the ground.

kirblar

Blizzard is hit and miss on their nerfs.

Sometimes they nerf a card and it's a reasonable nerf (like Execute, Abusive Sergeant etc) where the card is nerfed but still playable.

Then on the other spectrum they hit the card so hard it never sees play.
Buzzard was the "delete this card" speectrum. But it was also a card that deserved to be dumpstered.

G.ZZZ

Shadowreaper Anduin hero power to refresh only once per turn

Innervate to give 2 mana next turn.

Unleash back to 2 mana

Blade flurry deal face damage again.

You're welcome blizzard
bc_ok.gif

Dahbomb

Unleash back to 2 mana

You're welcome blizzard
bc_ok.gif

What?

No. Hunters already play 2 Unleash in their decks (1 minimum) at 3 mana.

Sande

Innervate surely has to be hit. It's the main enabler of half the bullshit in both aggro and jade druid.
I dislike cards that reward vomiting your hand (hi Divine Favor). I say give it the reverse quest rogue treatment of 5 -> 4.

Or... Draw 5 cards, gain 5 armor. Choose one: Deal 5 damage or summon a 5/5.

Seems drastic but both of these cards would still be easily worth at least 12 mana.

Pooya

they're not touching flurry ever again. lol

It's dead let it go. I wish we had a card like dark iron skulker still. I liked that card and it was never played much even after flurry nerf. Wondering we can get something like that or even bad AoE like that is out of question.

It could be pretty good right now. Answers living mana very well.

Remove card draw from UI, lower cost to 8.

Change Spreading Plague to summon two 1/5's, lower cost to 4. Would be cool to make it a choose one for 5 mana where you choose between the spiders or the taunts but then they'd have to rework Webweave.

Change Crypt Lord to play instead of summon, maybe nerf to 1/5.

Change Innervate to refresh two crystals, not gain two crystals.

Increase cost of Malfurion to 8.

Ladekabel

Someone in here suggested to change UI to "Draw until you have five cards in your hand" I actually like that. First one would still be strong second one would get harder to get draw value from though one might argue that at that point you might want the other elements of the card more than the draw.

Innervate should replenish empty crystal, like many others have said before.

Haven't seen much problems with Spreading Plague yet. DK Malfurion is fine, too imo.

I also think we need more cards like UI where you get to make power plays that are worth more than 10 Mana without needing much setup like the Old Gods.

I still think that makes UI too good. You shouldn't be able to ramp indiscriminately and then refill with one card (while also developing, removing and gaining life). In a way it's a buff as you wouldn't have to worry about fatigue or burning cards (I know you don't really worry about fatigue now with Jade Idol, but that's going to rotate before UI).

I'm absolutely fine with them dumpstering UI though.

Just took a look at my gold to calculate my average again. It is 2520, which to me is about a 114 average per day since KotFT launch - which I am saying is 22 days old.

Usually there is 100 days between expansions, so we are 20% of the way to another expansion, which means I am still on target to break 10.000,

If I keep up my average 12,000 is possible

giphy.webp

I'd love to open 100+ free packs come December

Unleash back to 2 mana

You're welcome blizzard
bc_ok.gif
Anduin can refresh as much as he wants. He's not inherently the problem.

Raza is the problem, and if they changed his text to "The first Hero Power you use each turn costs 0" it would make the deck much more reasonable.

That Innervate change is so bad, lol.

Remove card draw from UI, lower cost to 8.

Change Spreading Plague to summon two 1/5's, lower cost to 4. Would be cool to make it a choose one for 5 mana where you choose between the spiders or the taunts but then they'd have to rework Webweave.

Change Crypt Lord to play instead of summon, maybe nerf to 1/5.

Change Innervate to refresh two crystals, not gain two crystals.

Increase cost of Malfurion to 8.
Once you strike out at 3, you can't keep swinging.

Lol, so I summon a 14/14 Van Cleef and a 8/8 Adventurer on turn 3 and still lose because Druid is broken.

God Blizzard, you really are incompetent. Not only should these cards never have made it to the live client, but they should have nerfed within the first fucking week. Yet here we are, a month after the expansion with a class that has multiple archetypes more broken than Undertaker Hunter.

Seriously, people should be losing their jobs over this shit.

And you're calling Druid broken?

TankUP

Got to say, the animation when you get your golden hero while using a Hero card... fucking sick.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09-03-17_15.42.04.png

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09-03-17_15.42.13.png

It's gonna be a LONG time before I play Priest again.

TankUP

I thought you need the golden hero cards for the animation?

and congrats!

There's an animation where your hero turns golden.. they added a piece if you happen to be using a hero card when you get it. In my case, Anduin pops up like he normally would when you get your hero golden, but he melts away and Shadow Reaper takes its place. Wasn't expecting that, it was a nice touch. Had a lot of trouble on ladder today so it took way longer than it should have to get those last 10 wins.

Real talk from the Reddit thread on the Druid announcements.

Starfall should be 4 mana.
Blizzard never buffs. That doesn't get them money.

Jade Druid turns the Lich King into a joke.
It's more that TLK's curse card vs. Druid is lame. I don't even remember what it did.

Well, they actually just announced they have decided to delete priest.
I would buy another $100 in packs just to thank Blizzard for this.

I love how the cameraman is slowly creeping into her cleavage

Me too.

Lich King deletes all your 1 2 and 3 cost minions. As in all 0 of them unless you play doomsayers.
Anduin can refresh as much as he wants. He's not inherently the problem.

Raza is the problem, and if they changed his text to "The first Hero Power you use each turn costs 0" it would make the deck much more reasonable.
Raza multiplies the problem with Anduin but he's problematic by himself just fine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lich King deletes all your 1 2 and 3 cost minions. As in all 0 of them unless you play doomsayers.

Raza multiplies the problem with Anduin but he's problematic by himself just fine.

I don't think anduin without raza is problematic at all. I like the design they.

You add in spawn of shadows with raza and it becomes hilarious. So much burst.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Raza is to Anduin DK what Reno was to Kazakus. Something they printed they knew was overpowered because the rotation is going to nerf it anyway.

Oh yeah. Dumb penalty compared to the ones Paladin and Mage have to go through.

Without 0-cost hero power, DK Anduin basically has a better Headcrack in his hand at all times. Strong, but not overpowered.

Raza is to Anduin DK what Reno was to Kazakus. Something they printed they knew was overpowered because the rotation is going to nerf it anyway.
It's too strong even in Wild, though. :(

Top Bottom