• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Fire fly is one of the better designed 1 drops to date. Not sure it had to be an elemental, maybe that is slightly too much, but in a way it actually slows the game down like zombie chow did because it's a 1 drop that can be included in a deck not always aiming to snowball from turn 1.

Sherazin is as good as I knew it would be. During the course of a miracle rogue vs taunt warrior match, I revived it at least 3 times and could have been more if the game kept going. So that is basically a 4 mana minion that dealt 20 damage. It may not have actually dealt 20 damage due to brawls. At least 10 and absorbed weapon hits. Managed to hit face at least once too, so it probably did 15 damage.

edit:
After playing miracle rogue for the night, I don't even care if they do end up nerfing quest rogue. Miracle rogue is a lot more fun anyway.

so i got hit by a mill druid in wild ladder.... lol. unfortunately malcazar gave me chromaggus ;_;, and i thinned tf out of my deck with fel reaver before i really realized what he was doing so my raptor streak wasn't quite enough, almost got him with a tundra combo tho. as salty as i am it's pretty awesome playing a mode where people do shit like that o_o

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What do you think a wild tempo mage looks like at this point?

I came up with this really quick.

ljpJ7il.jpg

The cult sorcerors seem like a real weak spot but not sure what to replace them with.

Should Rag be a second firelands portal?

Sherazin is as good as I knew it would be. During the course of a miracle rogue vs taunt warrior match, I revived it at least 3 times and could have been more if the game kept going. So that is basically a 4 mana minion that dealt 20 damage. It may not have actually dealt 20 damage due to brawls. At least 10 and absorbed weapon hits. Managed to hit face at least once too, so it probably did 15 damage.

edit:
After playing miracle rogue for the night, I don't even care if they do end up nerfing quest rogue. Miracle rogue is a lot more fun anyway.

It helps that transforms are out of the meta right now for the most part.

What do you think a wild tempo mage looks like at this point?

I came up with this really quick.

ljpJ7il.jpg

The cult sorcerors seem like a real weak spot but not sure what to replace them with.

Should Rag be a second firelands portal?

It helps that transforms are out of the meta right now for the most part.
Needs more Mad Scientist. I might be biased though. I just don't get enough of that damn card.

squidyj

You made legend before?

Yeah a few times. Haven't done it in a long while though, didn't really feel like playing pirate warrior or shaman anymore.
It's usually later in the month too but my climb so far has been very steady so I hope that continues.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Pirate Warrior is so incredibly strong still. It's really quite insane.

I guess at least quest warrior is a good counter now?

5-2 with my control token paladin at rank 5 with both loses against Pirate Warrior.

Decklist

Dahbomb

Man, Pirate Warrior is so incredibly strong still. It's really quite insane.

I guess at least quest warrior is a good counter now?
I have 100% win rate against PW using that Token Druid list I posted. And that's like across 20 games versus PW.

That deck definitely demolishes PW.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have 100% win rate against PW using that Token Druid list I posted. And that's like across 20 games versus PW.

If it's anything like wild, once they learn they need to fight for board the match becomes a lot more even.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

And j4ckiechan egg druid demolished PW before the expansion too.

But sure, at least it's less uncounterable now.

Dahbomb

If it's anything like wild, once they learn they need to fight for board the match becomes a lot more even.
Nah it's very hard for PW to play against the board of a Token Druid. They just have more bodies that are stickier. And then the Druid hero power can pick off stragglers where as Warrior hero power is useless in the match up.

And Druid often gets nuts draws where it puts like 4 bodies and it's automatic set play. Not to mention the Corsairs that destroy weapons and Gorakka Crawlers.

Blizzard

Banned
Rogue quest was a clever idea but I hate playing against it. Watching your opponent bounce back minions every turn is quite boring.
It's not every turn -- I was told not to include more than 6 bounces in a deck, and the odds of doubling a bounce card with mimic pod are not great.

I've had the top 14 cards of my deck have maybe 1 bounce card. :(

f0lken

I retire everything bad I said about Sherazin, she is great! It absorbs so much damage that for a momento you forget Rogue has no heal at all, and once you play her you don't need to do any other thing that keep playing your turns as usual, she is there to suport you.

Specially when you manage to have two on the field, shit gets crazy

KuroNeeko

There's a reason you only see people play it at rank 15, 10 and 5.

I don't think it's that bad. It opens up the possibility for a more "controllish" archtype for Hunters. They finally have a way to interact with the board that is more consistent than "something" Sniper from GvG.

Whether it'll be enough to support the archtype is another question. The new legendary, along with Dinomancy, can help set up a "soft lock" on the board.

Dahbomb

Control Hunter has to be the biggest meme in HS history.

Like even Silence Priest is less of a meme than Control Hunter at this point.

I promised I would make a Flood Zoo deck and here it is:

Pretty good performance for me on this deck but you will definitely lose to those Taunt Warriors running like 4 WW effects.

scarlet

Miracle rogue is indeed bring miracle. Down to 5 HP against 30 HP priest with 2 priest of the feast and I have 0 minion. Successfully kill him next turn with 2 arcane giants, gadgetzan, 1 petal and eviscerate.

bjaelke

I don't think it's that bad. It opens up the possibility for a more "controllish" archtype for Hunters. They finally have a way to interact with the board that is more consistent than "something" Sniper from GvG.

Whether it'll be enough to support the archtype is another question. The new legendary, along with Dinomancy, can help set up a "soft lock" on the board.

That's why I'm saying it's stuck at those rank floors. There's not enough control cards in the class to support the arch type right now. I've played around with it a bit in an attempt to grind out the last level of hunter.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I crafted the Priest Quest because I wanted to play Reno and Amara Warden of Hope, and I made a deck and promptly lost 10 games in a row. I took the quest out and added a 1 drop (so it's just a normal Reno Deathrattle deck) and suddenly had a positive win rate. God damn it, wasted dust. Losing turn 1 just destroys your tempo for the rest of the game.

I was playing a deathrattle/dragon/reno/amara deck though. I guess I'll try cutting out the dragons and see if that helps with consistency, cause if I can get Amara out sooner, an 8/8 for 5 mana might be enough of a tempo swing to make up for losing my first turn. We'll see.

bjaelke

I crafted the Priest Quest because I wanted to play Reno and Amara Warden of Hope, and I made a deck and promptly lost 10 games in a row. I took the quest out and added a 1 drop (so it's just a normal Reno Deathrattle deck) and suddenly had a positive win rate. God damn it, wasted dust. Losing turn 1 just destroys your tempo for the rest of the game.

I was playing a deathrattle/dragon/reno/amara deck though. I guess I'll try cutting out the dragons and see if that helps with consistency, cause if I can get Amara out sooner, an 8/8 for 5 mana might be enough of a tempo swing to make up for losing my first turn. We'll see.

You don't have to play the quest turn one.

Pooya

So what's good against this new control warrior? It's basically all I'm seeing past rank 5

midrange paladin, you can try to out value them and their quest reward doens't do much against you if they get there. Just don't over commit.

Dragon priest deck is good too. These decks in general are not bad against most everything else in the game either, except mage. Probably some of the best decks to climb with now.

I've tried mid hunter, it surprisingly doesn't do great against taunt warrior, it's ok but they can stall for so long and now with hunter you need your minions to connect a lot, there is little reach from hand right now without quick shot. It makes a big difference in this used to be favored match up that now includes so many damn taunts.

scarlet

midrange paladin, you can try to out value them and their quest reward don't do much against you if they get there. Just don't over commit.

Dragon priest deck is good too. These decks in general are not bad against most everything else in the game either, except mage. Probably some of the best decks to climb with now.

What's the best current priest deck? I have the quest, but haven't tried any.

KuroNeeko

What's the best current priest deck? I have the quest, but haven't tried any.

Priest, as always, has a hard time fielding a deck that does well against more than a few specific types of deck. You can make one to crush aggro or control, but it's hard to do both.

The exception being Dragon Priest. The list that Miladesn posted, with two DPs, two DracOps, and two of the new 4/8 Dragon looks good, but I lack the two new dragons to try it myself.

so after lots of experimenting, novice engineer x2 is an auto include in any hunter quest deck, hands down. haven't heard anyone mention it in the deck, but that and tracking are no brainers for sure. page out of the freeze mage book essentially hedging on higher chance of combo late game, and not the worst thing in the world early

as is a starving buzzard, i haven't toyed with 2 yet but drawing 2 cards post carnassa on every raptor played definitely increases consistency. still experimenting, the deck will always have its weaknesses but those build upon the stability, you have to think of the raptor chain as a sort of combo, the more consistent you can make it, the better, otherwise you might as well be playing a midrange or face deck.

here's an example of some games of how i think the quest is strongest:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/MpCW89ax5WCYufHmhLA4T5
https://hsreplay.net/replay/eCBWjdiSSpzGsV3FLa6qhU
https://hsreplay.net/replay/S97pDe5mNMH4rKAD3PmjMd
https://hsreplay.net/replay/mZghzH7PdVArGaJGpQV35a

basically extreme board control early, freeze mageish tactics to get draw and keep the board fairly clean (since you can refill it consistently anyway), setting up for late game tundra rhinos to close.

its hilarious too, much less 'brainless' than people called the hunter quest at first
https://hsreplay.net/replay/FpzfeAoyajyjFnKwtTGVMj

bjaelke

Managed to Mind Vision my opponent's Sulfuras after having played Raza. It's properly the only deck my highlander Priest can beat consistently right now. And I'm okay with that.

I really don't understand why Dinomancy is a hunter card. I just won a game because my opponent was stupid enough to both put it in his deck and to play it when I was at 8. I did not have a 4 turn clock and that Dinomancy could have been any other card that might have won him the game.

You're spending a card to make your Hero Power worse.

Shiver

Secret mage may be my favourite deck so far in this expansion. Arcanologist is a great card.

Feels really good to counterspell a crystal core btw.

Top Bottom