• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Lyng

Standard control decks like priest or warrior are very easy to pilot. Aggro does require a few decisions, maybe even more than standard control or midrange.

Combo decks seem to be where the most skill is required in hearthstone.

Pooya

Since I'm still relatively learning I'm just curious.
Sets are released every four months it seems, yes? So the next Standard Year isn't likely to begin until April 2018, this making it still okay to get Whispers of the Old Gods packs? (even if I have no interest in Wild)

That is right but you should focus on this year's sets. Old gods was a fine set at the time but these days it's mostly irrelevant outside of handful of cards. Un'goro in particular is what you want followed by mean streets.

Luigi87

That is right but you should focus on this year's sets. Old gods was a fine set at the time but these days it's mostly irrelevant outside of handful of cards. Un'goro in particular is what you want followed by mean streets.

Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

I've finally done something I wanted to do ever since I started playing Exodia mage and realized a fatal flaw that can be exploited.

Beating one by not clearing their board. The combo needs 5 of 7 slots of the board total and they have no burn to kill their own creatures with. They also all run the guy giving you mirror images now.
My opponent played a doomsayer to clear his own board and I comboed a a vilefin and shadowstepped it so he was left with his entire board sans the doomsayer and no way to clear it but ping away for multiple turns.

gave me more than enough time to make my otk combo exactly so fatigue would kill him.

I've finally done something I wanted to do ever since I started playing Exodia mage and realized a fatal flaw that can be exploited.

Beating one by not clearing their board. The combo needs 5 of 7 slots of the board total and they have no burn to kill their own creatures with. They also all run the guy giving you mirror images now.
My opponent played a doomsayer to clear his own board and I comboed a a vilefin and shadowstepped it so he was left with his entire board sans the doomsayer and no way to clear it but ping away for multiple turns.

gave me more than enough time to make my otk combo exactly so fatigue would kill him.

Yeah...that's one way to win. Granted, they might run their minions into you, which alot of classes don't have an answer to. So it only works against certain set ups that don't rely on minions.

Dahbomb

Current Zoo is definitely less skillful than it used to be.

Mostly because there are a lot of yolo Discard cards in it that run counter to how you normally play Zoo. That and there are less positional effect/buff cards left and less Deathrattles to play around in Standard. The card text is more wordy but the playstyle is less fundamental based.

Coldlight Oracles are so fricking good right now.
Yeah...that's one way to win. Granted, they might run their minions into you, which alot of classes don't have an answer to. So it only works against certain set ups that don't rely on minions.
yeah it's surprising how exodia mage is technically able to tempo people out that don't expect it. Without anotnidas 4 apprentices are still 12 damage.

TankUP

Playing against my fourth priest in a row (in standard) and thinking that the druid nerf is gonna fuck up ladder more than it is now.

Every streamer, priest. Every tournament line up, priest. Every ladder opponent, priest.

"nerf innervate"

Luigi87

Playing against my fourth priest in a row (in standard) and thinking that the druid nerf is gonna fuck up ladder more than it is now.

Every streamer, priest. Every tournament line up, priest. Every ladder opponent, priest.

"nerf innervate"

Yeah I keep looking at Twitch and Priest is just dominating the streams (I'm trying to find good Mage streams, lol).
Heck with the Twitter announcement yesterday that's already probably a reason for the influx of Priests today.

Better nerf Druid

cWDNj9L.jpg

Q8D3vil

Cant win shit with razakus priest, Aggro mage is making a comeback and Palladin running that windfury minion that make corpse taker a motherfucker to deal with. Druid is druid, at least its getting nerfed.

At least i highrolled few games with ez priest.

TankUP

I like to make my favorite card from each set golden once I feel like I have every card I want. This time I got lucky and it's a common!

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09-04-17_12.54.14.png

And here is my decklist screen at the start of this season, let's hope that the nerfs mean I need to use more of my deckslots:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_09-04-17_12.59.50.png

Yes, those 1/5s. You're spawning 30 health of taunts off a 5 mana card. That's like 3x to 4x the value of a typical 5 mana card.

I am assuming you're not serious though :p
You think that mattered against his board? lol It was the equivalent of two Frost Novas!

Spreading Plague is a fantastic card, but this is not a situation where it shines.

You think that mattered against his board? lol It was the equivalent of two Frost Novas!

of course you lose. He has 40-50 mana worth of stats on the board. Funny thing is you're able to actually make a dent in that board where most other classes playing a 5 mana card simply lose twice over from that spot. This somehow justifies not nerfing druid, which I hope you're just joking about :p

Let alone the fact you're in wild and they're not balancing druid around wild

Sande

I'm mostly thinking about the "I win" bullshit I see a lot now, and it's clouding my overall judgment:
Turn 1 Fledgling
Turn 2 Ship's Cannon + 2 Pirates
Living Mana - have a clear or die.

This kind of stuff really gets under my skin. How did my opponent outplay me? All my opponent did was start with an unbeatable opening hand. I'm fucked.
This is the problem with aggro. I don't care about how easy or boring they are to play, that's not my concern as the opponent. What is my problem is that I need to draw my answers by turn 2 or 3 or I'm done. And even then I might be done if they had a particularly good draw.

rahji

I got the rogue dream in arena:

turn 2 hero power, turn 3 envenom weapon, turn 4 runeforge hunter -> indestructible poisonous weapon, yeah. And I also had the lifesteal enchantment in my deck.

sadly it was countered two times in a row by weapon removal. one time bloodsail corsair and one time by ooze. But I was soo happy when I got the combo

Fewr

Argh! I hate having to concede because I have real life things needing attention. Related: I'm not a fan of matches vs priest, I have to set an appointment for those.

wiibomb

Argh! I hate having to concede because I have real life things needing attention. Related: I'm not a fan of matches vs priest, I have to set an appointment for those.

that's one of the worst things, specially when the match is being in my favor. If I know I'm losing I don't feel as bad.

I have missed shadowstepping stonetusk boars for lethalt so much, did it twice today playing Thijs altered list of Dog's OTK mill rogue.

This jade druid thought he was playing pure mill rogue and shuffled idols into his deck 3 times.

Fewr

that's one of the worst things, specially when the match is being in my favor. If I know I'm losing I don't feel as bad.
I like to think in this particular game we were 50/50.Those raza priests are cool to play against, but the match takes a while.

This is the problem with aggro. I don't care about how easy or boring they are to play, that's not my concern as the opponent. What is my problem is that I need to draw my answers by turn 2 or 3 or I'm done. And even then I might be done if they had a particularly good draw.
And today, they don't even run out of steam early on. Aggro Druids plop down a Living Mana or two and it's like they never lost the board at all. Pirate Warriors have these 8/3 weapons and stuff that you can't always stop.

Three times last month I was playing > rank 5 and my son woke up from a nap so I had to concede. Ahhhh!

Do you run Poison Seed in your Wild deck? You should.
I've tried 1x Poison Seed to combo with Innervate and Primordial Drake. When it went off it was wonderful, but there aren't many decks I really need it against. It would be great against the new giants, but giving my opponent a board of 2/2s likely still spells death since I need the other half of the combo in my hand as well.

Dahbomb

Druid top 5 cards played win rates:

Jade Idol: 61%
Jade Blossom: 59%
Jade Behemoth: 58.1%
Jade Spirit: 57.3%
Innervate: 56.5%

Jade Idol is a fair and balanced card.

I've tried 1x Poison Seed to combo with Innervate and Primordial Drake. When it went off it was wonderful, but there aren't many decks I really need it against. It would be great against the new giants, but giving my opponent a board of 2/2s likely still spells death since I need the other half of the combo in my hand as well.

I was gonna say, all you need for the combo to work is either that, or having a Spreading Plague so you can atleast protect yourself against a huge board like the pic you posted.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I suspect they're most likely just going to can Innervate, since I don't think they care about Jades as much when they're going to be in for one more expansion, and there's already a tech card against them.

Now that Druids have astonishing card draw and can easily come back from a lost board, that kind of mana manipulation lets them get too far ahead.

Druid top 5 cards played win rates:

Jade Idol: 61%
Jade Blossom: 59%
Jade Behemoth: 58.1%
Jade Spirit: 57.3%
Innervate: 56.5%

Jade Idol is a fair and balanced card.

Dumbest fucking mechanic Blizzard has introduced in the history of hearthstone.

So fucking done 10 Druids in a row at rank fucking 15-12 3 more weeks of this shit is way too long. Fuck the tournaments or let em run on an old client or is that too hard for tiny indie company. Hell they could just ban Druid from being played at the remaining HTC's, because nobody outside of Udyr and SilentStorm is stupid enough not to ban Druid so it wouldn't even make a difference. This is worse then Undertaker,Shamanstone and Secret Pally meta's.

fertygo

Shamanstone still the worse because for me at that point game just dont have enough good AoE so its fundamentally lack something

I suspect they're most likely just going to can Innervate, since I don't think they care about Jades as much when they're going to be in for one more expansion, and there's already a tech card against them.

Now that Druids have astonishing card draw and can easily come back from a lost board, that kind of mana manipulation lets them get too far ahead.

this meme isn't funny anymore :(

ExVicis

"nerf innervate"

Yeah I can very easily see Priest just filling in the vaccum to become just as bad. I'm going to try and enjoy Jade Druid as much as I can but I think I need to hurry up and finish the last couple of Priests cards I don't have from the current expansion.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
what list are you running?

A kinda crappy "budget" one, hah.

### Custom Druid2
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (3) Jade Blossom
# 2x (4) Mire Keeper
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (5) Naga Sea Witch
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAEBAZICAvoOy7wCDkBfigHTAf4BxAbhB+QI/g3eFr6uAoK0AqDNAofOAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Won like 8 in a row so far. A highroll priest highrolled the shit out of me with a few yseras and rags by turn 6 and I outraced him.

Very few decks can deal with the first board you create. And you can create that first board pretty damn early often.

Arcane giants come out too late usually so replacing with molten giants would be way better. Don't have them though and won't craft giants that will likely become useless when they inevitably change the interaction back.

Dahbomb

Less Jade Druids in the meta means that other slower decks can fill in to try to beat Priest. Doesn't even have to be control decks but rather combo and Midrange decks. Basically anything that used to get rolled over by Jade Druid for free.

I think right now there is an inflated Priest population because everyone is anticipating the Druid hammer. People are moving away from it and trying for something different. The meta is still trying to tech against Druids which allows Priest to flourish.

Top Bottom