• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Fewr

I'd be too paranoid to share my account details unless there is a signed contract, and my acct's worth in an escrow account or something like that.

EDIT:
My only other option to reach legend is to be unemployed for a couple of months ha!

scarlet

I'd be too paranoid to share my account details unless there is a signed contract, and my acct's worth in an escrow account or something like that.

EDIT:
My only other option to reach legend is to be unemployed for a couple of months ha!

If a 30 + years old mobile player with a full time job like me can make it, you can do it too!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Beating people who aggressively BMing on his turn 4 is so satisfying.

Yeah it is. I face a priest today that was clearly salty about druids because he roped every turn, and it happened to be the best draw I've ever had with this deck. He couldn't even lightbomb it if he had it thanks to loatheb.

Karma I guess.

YAY5opy.jpg

scarlet

I'm so bad at math it cost me a game. Had lethal but I doubt it, so I played safe and lost.

He was at 17 and I had 24 damage. Instead of OTK him, I healed myself.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so bad at math it cost me a game. Had lethal but I doubt it, so I played safe and lost.

He was at 17 and I had 24 damage. Instead of OTK him, I healed myself.

I was going to ask why a mobile player would be at a disadvantage, but it's really nice to have Deck Tracker to count your damage for you.

fertygo

no matter how broken thing is, 1st week nerf shouldn't happen ever

And ddespite all the crying I believe Druid overal winrate is around 54% not 90%

And ddespite all the crying I believe Druid overal winrate is around 54% not 90%

Yeah, at this point I wonder if the Druid nerfs are going to be too reactionary. That's always worse than people suffering too long, because we all know they won't revert the nerf if it's too much.

To me, the real devils so far of this expansion are DK Priest and Giant [Literally Anything]. Delete that shit.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, at this point I wonder if the Druid nerfs are going to be too reactionary. That's always worse than people suffering too long, because we all know they won't revert the nerf if it's too much.

To me, the real devils so far of this expansion are DK Priest and Giant [Literally Anything]. Delete that shit.

Druid is fine in wild without the naga change, but it sounds like it's very necessary for standard, even though the prospect of a Big or Combo Priest meta is terrifying.

I think we'll wait 1 week after the announcement. Maybe a little more or less, but not likely 3 weeks.

Aren't there tournaments going on for the next few weeks?

Also I'm not sure how Druid nerfs could be considered too reactionary at this stage when Ultimate Infestation has proven itself to be one of the most broken cards in Hearthstone history, if not the most broken. Not to mention Spreading Plague which turned weak matchups into even or favorable ones.

Dahbomb

This isn't first week, this is like week 3 of the expansion, closing in a full month. By the time the nerfs actually go live, it's going to be over a month easily.

Cards have been nerfed with less than 54% win rate.

Pooya

patron warrior and quest rogue both sub 50 winrate.

They probably announced it on Thursday, patch will release the Monday after prelim, in about 10 days after.

They probably have a q&a stream this Friday.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think the first step of realizing that mindset was holding me back was reading Sirlin's article "Playing to Win".

That article practically changed my life when I first read it a decade ago. It's really good.

Although this video of a little kid calling famous fighting game pro Justin Wong a cheater for spamming as JWong yells at him that this is how the world works conveys the same point in a more entertaining way.

I still do nonoptimal things in games, but I do so acknowledging that it's my choice and not expecting the world to accommodate it.

That article practically changed my life when I first read it a decade ago. It's really good.

Although this video of a little kid calling famous fighting game pro Justin Wong a cheater for spamming as JWong yells at him that this is how the world works conveys the same point in a more entertaining way.

I still do nonoptimal things in games, but I do so acknowledging that it's my choice and not expecting the world to accommodate it.

I was with you until the non-optimal part. That's just gross.

On the topic of Playing to Win - I always had this natural instinct as a kid. I would throw fireballs all goddamn day if it meant I was going to win in Street Fighter. My friends would all get pissed off and say "hurr I can spam too", but I was just better at it, and they would eventually mess up an input. I would throw spam over and over, too, because none of them knew how to tech. I think I'm mentally incapable of not playing to win and still enjoying myself.

fertygo

This isn't first week, this is like week 3 of the expansion, closing in a full month. By the time the nerfs actually go live, it's going to be over a month easily.

Cards have been nerfed with less than 54% win rate.

But I'm arguing to person that saying the nerf should happen in 1st week

Dahbomb

I was with you until the non-optimal part. That's just gross.

On the topic of Playing to Win - I always had this natural instinct as a kid. I would throw fireballs all goddamn day if it meant I was going to win in Street Fighter. My friends would all get pissed off and say "hurr I can spam too", but I was just better at it, and they would eventually mess up an input. I would throw spam over and over, too, because none of them knew how to tech. I think I'm mentally incapable of not playing to win and still enjoying myself.
Nah man, you a Johnny player.

scarlet

Facing 2 murlocadin

Turn 1 tidecaller, coin inquisitor
Turn 2 rockpool
Turn 3 warleader
Turn 4 megasaur windfury, second match +1/1.

Dahbomb

Murloc pally is a free win to Bloodreaver deck

how dahbomb keep losing to it dafuq
Because my Bloodreaver deck was teched to win against Jade Druids and Priest (which it did) not Murloc Paladins.

Besides high rolling Murloc Paladins can win against anything especially any slow deck. This is no free win at all.

Online match up charts have Control Warlock losing against Murloc Pally 4-6 by the way.

fertygo

Because my Bloodreaver deck was teched to win against Jade Druids and Priest (which it did) not Murloc Paladins.

Besides high rolling Murloc Paladins can win against anything especially any slow deck. This is no free win at all.

Online match up charts have Control Warlock losing against Murloc Pally 4-6 by the way.

I mean your removal lined up pretty well against them, just keep board empty and your abyssal enforcer will eventually get there alone

Nah can't trust data for deck that good player refuse to play because they playing better deck

I believe my deck not teched hard for aggros/midrange either, but defile and hellfire always enough

Nah man, you a Johnny player.
Johnny/Spike. I want to pick my stuff and I NEED to win with it. If I can't win with my stuff I will quit or play something else with half-assed discontent. The whole reason I hit legendary last month was that I finally had several decks that could compete in the meta AND I liked playing them. A straight-up Johnny just wants to do his thing, but I am willing to play Pirate Warrior to close out the rank 5 if I need to. If the deck had any flexibility at all I would make my own variation, of course. Just like my Beast Hunter is 100% centered around Scavenging Hyena.

messing with control naga arrow hunter... what u think to improve? 7-5 on the night, can copy giants with stitched for naga or copy naga if hand has giants

### CONTROL
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) King's Elekk
# 1x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Toxic Arrow
# 2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (5) Antique Healbot
# 2x (5) Naga Sea Witch
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (25) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAR8G0ALFCPgM/gzUEYbTAgyKAdMB4QeXCNsJ3AqQDvUPyxTeFpjNAtPNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Johnny/Spike. I want to pick my stuff and I NEED to win with it. If I can't win with my stuff I will quit or play something else with half-assed discontent. The whole reason I hit legendary last month was that I finally had several decks that could compete in the meta AND I liked playing them. A straight-up Johnny just wants to do his thing, but I am willing to play Pirate Warrior to close out the rank 5 if I need to. If the deck had any flexibility at all I would make my own variation, of course. Just like my Beast Hunter is 100% centered around Scavenging Hyena.

To quote every action movie bad guy, you and I are more similar than you want to admit. Not playing Pirate Warrior all the time in certain metas mean you're not playing optimally. You could be legend more often or a higher ranked legend if you played optimally all the time.

Typically in fighting games I play difficult to master characters like Captain Cold in the recent Injustice 2, drop to the very bottom to like 700,000th on the leaderboard because I'm clearly not good enough to play a difficult character, eventually get tired of losing and play Wonder Woman and spam her shield throw until i get to 400,000th where players actually start to counter it, and then give up because I really don't want to spend that much time getting good at fighting games.

I'm pretty chill in hearthstone and like to play decks that sound fun, OP or not, with the one exception of Priests playing Mind Control on me. That shit sends me straight to pirate warrior for revenge on all of priest kind.

G.ZZZ

messing with control naga arrow hunter... what u think to improve? 7-5 on the night, can copy giants with stitched for naga or copy naga if hand has giants

### CONTROL
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) King's Elekk
# 1x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Toxic Arrow
# 2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (5) Antique Healbot
# 2x (5) Naga Sea Witch
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (25) Molten Giant
#
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I disenchanted my molten giants FeelsBadMan

Also, i think Naga will be nerfed, as it seems to have polarized the meta a bit too much. A shame since it was such an interesting change.

I wouldn't be against a small nerf, but a complete revert would be a real shame imho as it'd make it and a lot of different cards that see play now unplayable. Something like: "at the end of your turn, change the base mana cost of cards in your hand to 5" would make it worse but still playable as it'd give your opponent a one turn buffer for all the giants you know are coming. Making it an hunter card could also work as giant hunter is deece but not as polarizing as giant druid (well, if Innervate get gutted, maybe giant druids won't be as polarizing either).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

### CONTROL
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) King's Elekk
# 1x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Toxic Arrow
# 2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (5) Antique Healbot
# 2x (5) Naga Sea Witch
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (25) Molten Giant
#
#

Sludge Belcher seems pretty much strictly better for survivability than Healbot for this deck in this meta. It's not like your games will last long enough for DK Anduins to kill you over your taunts very often, and there's not a ton of direct damage in the meta other than that. You also might want a couple more giants. 6 is a little inconsistent for trying to get those huge turn 5 plays that the whole deck is about.

I never really understood when to run Unleash the Hounds and when not to. It could be right, I don't know.

Bunga

I'm not having much luck with Ranked again this season so far (I know it's early days). It's weird, I play Casual and I play the same decks I'd come across in Ranked and I'm winning quite a bit. I switch over to Ranked and I'm getting super unlucky/getting stomped.

Reason I play Casual sometimes is because I have small children and I play Casual when I think I might get interrupted/have to exit the game.

Lyng

To the whole aggro vs control skill thing...just want to mention taunt warrior...as in a control deck and requiring ZERO skill to pilot

Bunga

Exodia Mage is such bullshit to play against. Guy draws both his Blizzards and both Frost Nova's in his first 10 cards. Then he gets Cabalist's Tome off his Shimmering Tempest, which gave him two 1-cost spells, which completed his quest and of course he had all the combo pieces.

So godamn annoying.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Exodia Mage is such bullshit to play against. Guy draws both his Blizzards and both Frost Nova's in his first 10 cards. Then he gets Cabalist's Tome off his Shimmering Tempest, which gave him two 1-cost spells, which completed his quest and of course he had all the combo pieces.

So godamn annoying.

We should just call out Exodia Mage for what it really is. Freeze mage.

I will be much happier when Ice Block is rotated out.

scarlet

Anybody have a control decklist that actually have a positive winrate vs jade ?

Don't know about the real stats, but from what I've been watching on stream, control mage with Jaina has been great against jade so far.

I lost to 1 today., he was at 1 health, 2 ice blocks used, and then geddon.

There was now way I could kill him, when his healing effect was bigger than my damage.

Bunga

Decided to join em and just run Jade Druid. Ultimate Infestation is absolutely bonkers - how did this ever make it past play testing?

Q8D3vil

Don't know about the real stats, but from what I've been watching on stream, control mage with Jaina has been great against jade so far.

I lost to 1 today., he was at 1 health, 2 ice blocks used, and then geddon.

There was now way I could kill him, when his healing effect was bigger than my damage.
Interesting, gonna try iy today and see for myself.

Dahbomb

To the whole aggro vs control skill thing...just want to mention taunt warrior...as in a control deck and requiring ZERO skill to pilot
Taunt Warrior is hardly a control deck to begin with, feels more like a Midrange deck where you want to play taunts on curve to get your hero power out quicker.

scarlet

Spreading plagues is so good. Two spreading plagues saved my live against 7/7, 8/8, 9/9, 10/10, 11/11, 12/12.

I had one 10/10 on board, and then I just played spreading plagues 2 turns in a row, also 1 idol, and then I won.

He BMed me earlier when spawned plagues with 2 mark of the lotus. So this feels so satisfying.

Five mana 6 1/5 taunts were insane.

I don't mind UI, but I hate playing against plague.

TankUP

Lost two games in a row to disconnects. Gonna have a talk with my ISP.

Instead of ranking up I deranked. Of course I don't disco when I face the moron running double crab in his meme Barnes paladin but when I'm actually winning a game? I'm so fucking mad.

Sludge Belcher seems pretty much strictly better for survivability than Healbot for this deck in this meta. It's not like your games will last long enough for DK Anduins to kill you over your taunts very often, and there's not a ton of direct damage in the meta other than that. You also might want a couple more giants. 6 is a little inconsistent for trying to get those huge turn 5 plays that the whole deck is about.

I never really understood when to run Unleash the Hounds and when not to. It could be right, I don't know.
Unleash is half sea giant insurance half "this class has no aoe and I need direct damage I can spread out a little" lol. Thing is in hunter the other giants cant be played turn 5 that's why I used these 3. The other 3 are all in the exact same boat of probably having a 2or3 discount but overall not being consistent (frost you use a cpl hero powers but not a ton, clockwork I hate relying on opponents, arcane my deck is too minion centered).

To be fair you kinda have 8 giants cos that's usually the stitched pull unless really need baha, plus can pull them with elekk fairly decently tho. It'd be fun to try and make a spell heavy yogg version or one that just shit all of the giants into it, but I just made my second poison Arrow so I wanted to make a deck around that

Belcher was the 31/32 card in the deck, I flip heal it with it depending on meta. Maybe 1/1 best. I really can't wait for a class lifesteal beast in hunter, needs it so bad

Asia HCT qualifiers are this weekend and Americas are next weekend and they submitted decklist weeks ago.

The patch will be 2 weeks from today, book it.

Lost two games in a row to disconnects. Gonna have a talk with my ISP.

Instead of ranking up I deranked. Of course I don't disco when I face the moron running double crab in his meme Barnes paladin but when I'm actually winning a game? I'm so fucking mad.
Gotta speed open the game on ur phone when the internet takes a shit on you! That's saved me a fair amount of times. Just need to remember to flip off phone wifi before trying !

scarlet

Gotta speed open the game on ur phone when the internet takes a shit on you! That's saved me a fair amount of times. Just need to remember to flip off phone wifi before trying !

This is the perk on mobile, you can switch your connection easily.

Sadly, not working most of the time.

Top Bottom