• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

If somebody managed to beat a raza priest that had all the you know what on curve, tell me how you did it. I'm fairly certain if those align, they're like 90 percent favored to win against ANYTHING. Unless the player is complete trash and throws the game.

Both big and raza priest just maximize the reliance on card draw RNG. You get some specific cards you win, you don't you lose. Horrible frustrating design.

If somebody managed to beat a raza priest that had all the you know what on curve, tell me how you did it. I'm fairly certain if those align, they're like 90 percent favored to win against ANYTHING. Unless the player is complete trash and throws the game.

Both big and raza priest just maximize the reliance on card draw RNG. You get some specific cards you win, you don't you lose. Horrible frustrating design.

Bloodlust.

Spreading plagues is so good. Two spreading plagues saved my live against 7/7, 8/8, 9/9, 10/10, 11/11, 12/12.

I had one 10/10 on board, and then I just played spreading plagues 2 turns in a row, also 1 idol, and then I won.

He BMed me earlier when spawned plagues with 2 mark of the lotus. So this feels so satisfying.

Five mana 6 1/5 taunts were insane.

I don't mind UI, but I hate playing against plague.

I find it insane they printed ba card that covers druids one weakness.

On another not I have been playing murloc pally with storm watcher it's pretty solid

sh1fty

I've been sticking to Wild lately, waiting for the Druid nerf. I love this Reno Mage deck so much, I don't even know if it's good but I have a blast... Pyros, Brann, Reno, Jaina DK, Ragnaros, NZoth, Sindragosa...

Grief.exe

I've been sticking to Wild lately, waiting for the Druid nerf. I love this Reno Mage deck so much, I don't even know if it's good but I have a blast... Pyros, Brann, Reno, Jaina DK, Ragnaros, NZoth, Sindragosa...

Throw in Baron Geddon for Board Clear + second Reno effect.

well to give some credit for control hunter, baron geddon with toxic arrow and the unstable ghoul with it are really crazy good board clears considering it's the classes highest weakness, geddon combo is 9 so despite combo it's a twisting nether for 1 more mana, but if they can't kill it out of hand most minions are toast and useless it seals the deal sometimes more than cotw even, which is why the giants coming down before late game (IF there is a late game for rexar and whatnot) to bait removal is nice. hunter just doesn't have any other good way to make board clears but its a little equality pyromancer basically.

lwfhpvF.png

if hunter only had a way to clone spells and get more toxic arrows, you could figure out draw play dead would be pretty disgusting 4 mana double board clear, cloning with tracker is such a nice consistency it lacked

edit: first game brighteyed scout i swapped for hounds got a molten giant on curve LOL
qRIgblg.png

Tomcat

This naga change has made wild very unfun to play. I guess some day with all the powercreep that would happen. Between pirates and aggro druid now you have this deck too that makes many midrange or even control decks obsolete. You craft a deck and should ask your self. Does it have an answer for turn 5 giants? If not delete lol

Dahbomb

This naga change has made wild very unfun to play. I guess some day with all the powercreep that would happen. Between pirates and aggro druid now you have this deck too that makes many midrange or even control decks obsolete. You craft a deck and should ask your self. Does it have an answer for turn 5 giants? If not delete lol
I played with these decks yesterday and against, came with the following conclusions.

*These decks annihilate all Midrange decks except with very specific counters.

*One of the specific counters is Mage. Mahe can use Polymorph Secret which can catch a Naga, rendering the deck useless. Mage can also play Freeze/Quest to Nova and Doomsayer the board which works well against Druids at least.

*Priests have double Lightbomb and Anduin to counter this. Probably the class that has to make the least changes to adapt.

*Warlocks are definitely playing Giant Handlock now and they have to play double Shadowflame, one Twisting Nether to counter. Shadowflame a free Giant wipes their board. Warlocks can exploit this deck better than most too.

*Paladin has counters. Equality plus Wild Pyro/Consecrate and Sunkeeper Tarim. They can even play Eadric and Enter the Colisseum if they have to.

*Warriors still have Brawl but they would rather just play PW and kill Giants before turn 6.

*Druids can run Poison Seeds now to counter this. They can then over run with Druids because the second Naga/Giants turn is a lot weaker.

These decks can be countered but the meta has to be prepared for it. What these decks do really well is farm jank ass decks. It's definitely going to construct the Wild meta until the next broken stuff comes out: Giants decks, Control/Combo decks with huge clears and removals and hyper aggro decks to win by turn 6. Anything else gets pushed out.

What I am actually scared of is Holy Wrath Paladin. Turn 5 Paladin just randomly hits face for 25 running a Giants Holy Wrath deck.

caesar

Banned
What's up guys, played HS religiously until mid 2016 when I kinda had enough and had reached top 200 a few times. Now that its a new year and new standard, I have kinda dipped my toes in again a bit. Just wondering how is the game looking right now? because just before I left a lot of people were frustrated with the RNG and stupid stuff such as secret pally.

Dahbomb

What's up guys, played HS religiously until mid 2016 when I kinda had enough and had reached top 200 a few times. Now that its a new year and new standard, I have kinda dipped my toes in again a bit. Just wondering how is the game looking right now? because just before I left a lot of people were frustrated with the RNG and stupid stuff such as secret pally.
Druids, Priests and aggro decks running Standard.

Giant decks (due to new Naga Sea Witch interaction), Priests and aggro decks running Wild.

Blizzard announced that changes are coming which means that Druid nerfs are incoming.

Holy shit lol.

They didn't touch Ultimate Infestation. Spreading Plague only got a 1 mana increase.

They nerfed Shaman for...reasons?

What the fuck? lol

Also Fiery War Axe is now worse than other weapons in the same mana slot. What the hell are they doing?

So I'm watching the reynad's VOD from yesterday's stream. He never said he invented the deck. He said he streamed the deck for a day and now it's gonna be more popular and people are crazy for thinking that streaming a deck would have no affect on it's playrate. 100% true.

I still remember the days when reynad streamed a deck then you'd play a ton of it even if it wasn't the best deck. Burn warrior was such a meh deck that did one thing well and had a few decent match ups, but streaming it brought it up way above what it should have been on the ladder for a few days.

Beckx

Changes seem very reasonable.

One interesting bit is that it implies they would have just hall of fame'd Warleader, but only want to do that during rotation so they nerfed instead.

These changes are horrible to be honest.

Innvervate will never see play again and there was no reason to just turn it into a coin.

Fiery War Axe was one of the strongest cards in the game but seriously, it's now worse than Eaglehorn Bow, King's Defender, Powermace, Rallying Blade and Shadowblade. Just...why? If there were concerns about Pirate Warrior then they could have hit that deck in other ways.

Hex didn't need to be nerfed right now. If they wanted to touch it on the next rotation then fine. I don't think nerfing it was necessary at all to be honest but nerfing it now of all times? Makes no sense.

Spreading Plague is still a two of in Druid decks for the simple reason that it turns unfavorable matchups into even or favored. 1 mana difference isn't going to change anything about that. This might be the worst change of all because this card is still overpowered as shit at 6 mana.

Then Ultimate Infestation didn't even get touched which might be the biggest joke of all. How they can leave that card alone is beyond me and it reeks of Blizzard being stubborn and not wanting to admit mistakes.

The only decent change they did make was the Warleader one but really, who cares. Druid is still the best class in the game.

caesar

Banned
Druids, Priests and aggro decks running Standard.

Giant decks (due to new Naga Sea Witch interaction), Priests and aggro decks running Wild.

Blizzard announced that changes are coming which means that Druid nerfs are incoming.

Whats the new Naga interaction? And do you mean Handlock or just giants in general?

Damn, never thought id see the day when innervate and war axe get nerfed.

TankUP

I never thought they'd fuck with Fiery War Axe. Fuckin' Pirate Warriors, ruining everything.

Innervate seems like a fair change. Spreading Plague is still too good. Surprised UI didn't get adjusted.

Warleader and Hex seem fair to me. Both were super good cards and both are playable still playable.

lol blizzard nerfhammer on everything except warleader but no UI or jades, gg
They just are done nerfing MSoG cards at this point, it seems, even though Patches and Idol deserve it. I understand why but it's pretty dumb. It's a long way until rotation.

I think this is how Glyph is going to be handled. Just jeep waiting and waiting and waiting and then it's time to rotate.

Sounds like Ice Block will be going to the Hall of Fame next year.

I still think the better option is to make it a Legendary Spell to limit overuse (and make it non-Discoverable too). That would technically make it a nerf to a Legendary card (I think), and I dont see Bliz giving that much possible "free" dust - (3200?).

I had a friend sitting on 4 extra UIs who is probably pissed now, as he was looking forward to some dust.

Zoggy

You know they explained why they targeted these cards and not stuff like UI.

You could at least read what they wrote before you complain.

wiibomb

these changes are.... big.

somehow still they feel insufficient. They nerfed cards that specifically counter jades as an archetype, so for example now jades will run primordial drake knowing that murloc warleader doesn't increase health and most murlocs used are 2 health.

The innervate change seems like a huge one, for sure, it will totally affect the way ramping works for the game, no more UIs before 7 mana (in the best case)

spreading plague, in light of innervate changes, looks fine, it's extremely delayed now.

still, fiery waraxe, hex and murloc warleader are from decks that counter jades. the changes seem to hit more of the other decks than jade druid

Revisiting my list of nerfs (cut down to not take up a ton of space, but I did suggest more nerfs than this)

If I were blizzard, I would make the following changes.

Innervate, refreshes mana only, does not let you ramp
spreading plague, 7 mana (druid are meant to be super weak to wide boards)
war leader - now gives +2 attack, no health

Innervate nerf bigger than I listed imo.

Spreading plague slightly less impacted (6 mana instead of 7)

Warleader - spot on, no health buff but keep the attack

I wasn't big on nerfing UI either (can see in full post I basically conceded the point it probably should be nerfed some, but not a big sticking point for me).

I would have hit a few more cards personally but

Of course if Blizzard is discussing these kind of changes, we'd be super lucky to see 3 of them.

we're super lucky!

fertygo

I was just about to craft Tarim and Finja to play Murloc Pally. Slight Warleader nerf shouldn't hurt the deck much yeah?

Yeah I say its will made murloc pally a lot worse

So.. umm how this made Jade Druid weaker

As far I can tell, the main loser from these nerf is pirate warr and murloc pally

I really like Hex change too but the timing is funny

zoukka

I wouldn't cry about UI yet. Innervate nerf is a huge blow to Druid. Maybe not enough still since they have so many ramp cards left.

I was just about to craft Tarim and Finja to play Murloc Pally. Slight Warleader nerf shouldn't hurt the deck much yeah?

No health increase makes it more susceptible to low mana board clears. Equality + something now clears all Murlocs. Also Finja can now no longer survive lethal damage if it pulls a warleader onto the board after an attack. its power has been lowered a little, but probably still very viable.

G.ZZZ

Fiery War Axe removed from the game lol.

Not sure why they felt war axe needed to be removed from the game. Like, the card is super mega bad now. If they wanted to nerf pirate, just nerf Patches or upgrade or something. Control warrior is already unplayable and now to nerf pirates control warrior will never come back.

FeelsBadMan.

Top Bottom