• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Finalow

How badly hurt is pirate warrior (both standard and wild) by this nerf? Seems like wild is OK still because of ships cannon. Standard?
I believe standard PW has been hit harder but it's a pretty big hit on the wild deck too.
Ship's Cannons are still broken in that deck but the wild format is full of broken cards, not having FWA as a 2 mana weapon drop is gonna hurt for sure. wild PW will still be very much playable but I guess it won't be the most busted wild deck anymore.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
How badly hurt is pirate warrior (both standard and wild) by this nerf? Seems like wild is OK still because of ships cannon. Standard?

Garbage tier.

By the way, I sure hope you guys weren't tired of seeing Token Druid, because holy shit.

fertygo

Its so bad

Like 15 combination of strong start of them is involvìng have either of war axe or first mate

Now its only first mate that enable any kind of far leading start?

Rippp

wiibomb

it done... PW was absolutely dependand on that cheap weapon.

I don't think we will see much of PW until warrior sees a good 2 mana weapon again.

First time in years that Priest has had a viable tier 1 deck that relies heavily on luck and it's a problem. Grow up people! It's nowhere near as oppressive as jade druid and uninteractive as exodia mage. Please give me a break.

TankUP

First time in years that Priest has had a viable tier 1 deck that relies heavily on luck and it's a problem. Grow up people! It's nowhere near as oppressive as jade druid and uninteractive as exodia mage. Please give me a break.

Dragon Priest was a high-tier deck before BRM rotated, and it was still pretty good up until the Frozen Throne release.

And if you're gonna get upset everytime someone complains about these high-rolly priest decks people are playing these days, you're going to have a really bad time for the next couple of months. It feels AWFUL losing to a priest who high rolls Barnes or who machine guns for 20 damage in a single turn.

Big priest is as unfun to play as it is to play against.

I'm sure doing nothing for 15 turns and doomsayer frost iceblock combo endlessly and spamming infinite jades with hopefully the next HOF, auctioneer, on the board is just as unfun to play as and against.

Priest deserves one deck that relies on getting raza and a few burgle bully coins. And forget it. Big priest possibility to have all your minions in hand making Barnes useless. Nothing guaranteed there.

Finalow

Also Shaman nerfs deleted aggro shaman.
if you mean the reason why aggro Shaman stopped being a thing in standard then it was mostly because TGT cards rotated out.
proof of that is the aggro Shaman deck in wild (which is a list you could have used in standard when TGT set was still in that format - except for Crackle) still being really good.

but yes, nothing beats cucklore forcing girls to shower with him. and if they refuse, IF THEY DARE REFUSE the alpha elf ex-300 lbs champion deformed ears male that he is, they'll be treated like shit because how dare you, silly girl, refuse my beautiful elf-like face.
amusing part: how long until the nerd alpha himself will find out these editings? 1 week? 1 month? Never? Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Dragon Priest was a high-tier deck before BRM rotated, and it was still pretty good up until the Frozen Throne release.

And if you're gonna get upset everytime someone complains about these high-rolly priest decks people are playing these days, you're going to have a really bad time for the next couple of months. It feels AWFUL losing to a priest who high rolls Barnes or who machine guns for 20 damage in a single turn.

It's just annoying to read since the dream scenario happens once every 5 games. What is there to complain about? Jade Druid has 60% winrate and will probably take an extra turn or two to win the game now with the innervate nerf.

Anyway. I was just voicing a dissenting opinion.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Here is something I dont understand about a team that prides user experience above most things

How can you create a deathknight in priest that is the definition of clunky, uninteresting, time sucking annoyance.

Watching someone hero power, play a card, hero power, play a card, hero power, play a card, especially given there is a small delay between being able to use the hero power after playing a card because of thhe animation is just piss poor visually. Even if you are going to win the game, it reminds me of miracle rogue where you are sat watching someone do a very clunky series of motions for a good minute and a half at the end of which you just cant be arsed to play.

TankUP

It's just annoying to read since the dream scenario happens once every 5 games. What is there to complain about? Jade Druid has 60% winrate and will probably take an extra turn or two to win the game now with the innervate nerf.

Hey, I'm not judging you for getting emotional about your favorite class, just offering some advice. You have to realize how much people hate losing. Well, they hate losing to Priest nonsense EVEN MORE. They nerfed Mind Control to 10 mana not because it was an OP card, but because it felt so, so bad to lose to. Well, I'd argue that Big Priest feels a million times worse when you lose to it.

My advice is to enjoy Priest being a top tier deck and ignore all the haters, because the grumbling about Priest is going to get louder and louder from now on.

Pooya

"relying heavily on luck"

yeah that's a problem.

Hey, I'm not judging you for getting emotional about your favorite class, just offering some advice. You have to realize how much people hate losing. Well, they hate losing to Priest nonsense EVEN MORE. They nerfed Mind Control to 10 mana not because it was an OP card, but because it felt so, so bad to lose to. Well, I'd argue that Big Priest feels a million times worse when you lose to it.

My advice is to enjoy Priest being a top tier deck and ignore all the haters, because the grumbling about Priest is going to get louder and louder from now on.

Great advice. I've had rabbit ears since the expansion, and that's my fault.

Nerfing Fiery War Axe and fucking over warrior completely because they are too fucking incompetent to take care of Pirate Warrior specifically......

Jade Druid is still going to be stupid beyond belief after these changes.

Nordicus

"The other option we considered for Fiery War Axe was to lower its attack to 2, but that change didn’t feel intuitive enough. Generally, changing the mana cost of a card is less disruptive, because you can always see the mana cost of cards in your hand."

Glad they're catering to people that don't read the cards in their hand
And yet Murloc Warleader and Innervate changes go against that.

*sigh*

Does Blizzard just not trust people to read the card change notification when they log on after card changes?

fertygo

If you ask me Druid will beat priest even harder with these change.. those flex slot to combat aggro can be used for heavier card.. hell I even say maybe its no use to prefering spreading plague over primordial drake.. the remaining aggresive deck left got rekt by drake anyway

And its hella easy to made rogue build that can cheese out priest

Too bad control pally lacking flash draw.. beardo OTK can be deadly since priest has no answer to burgly bully

TankUP

Watching someone hero power, play a card, hero power, play a card, hero power, play a card, especially given there is a small delay between being able to use the hero power after playing a card .

Yeah, I like to concede the instant I realize my opponent both has lethal and realizes it, and vs Priest you just never know until like a minute in if they really have the gas.

(PS the second part is important. I've won many games when my opponent had an obvious lethal showing and they end up trading.)

TankUP

my dust refund is going directly for that Y'shaarj.

BTW, when can we expect the nerfs to hit?

Probably in two weeks, once the next two Prelims are finished. Those decks were already submitted so unless Blizzard is gonna make a tournament client (LOL!) the nerfs have to wait until they're done.

Pooya

If you ask me Druid will beat priest even harder with these change.. those flex slot to combat aggro can be used for heavier card.. hell I even say maybe its no use to prefering spreading plague over primordial drake.. the remaining aggresive deck left got rekt by drake anyway

And its hella easy to made rogue build that can cheese out priest

Too bad control pally lacking flash draw.. beardo OTK can be deadly since priest has no answer to burgly bully

I'm gonna put bonemares in my jade druid.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah the way the tweets were worded it makes sense

MJKJK2Z.jpg

Miletius

Eh, Big Priest is certainly not T1, and won't be even after the nerf. That is the 1 of the 2 priest decks that I consider heavily RNG based. Based Barnes give us thy Obsidian Statue, may we eternally serve you. I know I was mad about it before, but Big Priest is gonna get rolled over by aggro as they should be. I don't think it's a well designed deck but I also don't think it's T1.

I absolutely think Razakus will be T1 after the nerf, but I don't really consider it a RNG fest. If anything Razakus is about as control-style of a deck we've got in HS.

TankUP

I absolutely think Razakus will be T1 after the nerf, but I don't really consider it a RNG fest. If anything Razakus is about as control-style of a deck we've got in HS.

Razakus frequently needs good Lyra RNG to close out games, and the deck is one of the most draw dependent decks in Hearthstone. You almost certainly lose any game Raza and Reaper are at the bottom of the deck.

Finalow

try with "I was just crying because Priest is my favourite class and people don't like it!"

what is there to complain about? About a deck which wins by solely and purely relying on RNG and high-rolls? Absolutely nothing, it feels amazing and rewarding, right. by the way, it has nothing to do with winrate.
yes, this is RNGstone, but it's not quite the same as losing because of bad draws or opponent top decking every answer.

I've played a bit of highlander priest, I don't think it's an inconsistent archetype although I have seen some less consistent lists out there. I don't even rely on lyra in most match ups. It does let you preserve some fuel and it's nice to have, but I don't think it's been make it or break kind of luck.

Dahbomb

Big Priest is high roll city.

Razakus Priest isn't high roll but it's still fairly luck dependent given that it's a highlander deck. Less consistent than a Renolock for example which is always drawing for cards and getting to the necessary cards more often.

Miletius

Big Priest is high roll city.

Razakus Priest isn't high roll but it's still fairly luck dependent given that it's a highlander deck. Less consistent than a Renolock for example which is always drawing for cards and getting to the necessary cards more often.

Agreed. Razakus has the least card draw out of any of the viable highlander decks we've seen. That doesn't make it a highroll deck, it just means that you need to maximize your resources when playing it -- and that there are times when you get rolled because Anduin is your last draw or something.

Pooya

Raza priest is luck dependent. If Raza is like bottom 10, you never win.

If it's top 10, you beat almost everything. It's almost like coin flip, it's not healthy when the impact and variance is this big with a single card. It's no different than big priest drawing barnes in the opening either. Swingy luck based deck are the worst thing for the game, let alone have them be this strong.

Ben Brode responded to a few reddit threads today, nicely detailed in this article:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...ing-nerfs-fiery-war-axe-murloc-warleader-etc/

In a world where we are looking at making a change, we felt like these changes are slightly less disruptive and that is upside, in a vacuum.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding him, but I can't think of a more disruptive 1-mana cost Warrior change than FWA.

Our goal isn't to cripple archetypes. Control Warrior needs control cards, yes, but is it fun to play the same cards every year? Wild is an option for players who want a format with less change, but Standard should be all about change. We'd rather create new and different cards that present new challenges and new options to Control Warrior players.
But as a Wild player, I am not happy that you are deleting my FWA. :(

FWA isn't even worth running in Pirate Warrior anymore - King's Defender is still technically better because Pirate Warrior still has 2 taunt minions that might trigger it!

Also, I know I am SUPER biased in this regard as a Wild player, but I find playing some "old reliable" cards to be heartening. Good ol' trusty War Axe, etc.

Dahbomb

Maybe I'm misunderstanding him, but I can't think of a more disruptive 1-mana cost Warrior change than FWA.
I think disruptive in the sense that they are changing the card's mechanics, changing how it is played effectively (like the suggested can't attack face with it which would definitely disrupt Pirate Warriors a lot).

They should have looked at UI and Jade Idol as well because i bet we get a repeat of last year with Shaman where they nerfed the classes that were good against shaman even harder then Shaman then months later they finally nerfed Spirit Claws.

Bit the bullet and crafted 2 Vilespines to put in a Valeera DK Miracle deck. Still figuring out how it works, but when it gets going it's quite fun.

Top Bottom