• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

fertygo

Its very crazy now Hunter not favored against control warrior anymore
Day 7, still waiting on the Crystal Rogue nerf, no money will be given to Blizzard until then. (On top of many other reasons.)

sub 50% winrate for archetype, you may gonna waiting forever

Seem every day newer list cutting and more taunt for more removal and draw
as they should have from the start. Stonehill defender alone is 2 taunts per and you usually don't want to replace your hero power too soon anyways. If you expect to go to fatigue almost every game you could run less than 7 in the deck total having multiples that generate more.

Zakalwe

Banned
So, I was showing my friend Hearthstone. He's not really a gamer, but he plays mobile games a lot and I figured he'd like this.

He watched me play a few matches as Elemental Shaman while I explained the basics, then I said why not have a look at my cards and try building a deck.

He built a Warrior Deck with Pirates as "I love Pirates and I always play Warrior in WoW".

I almost didn't have the heart to say anything.

Xanathus

The issue with the Warrior Quest is that there simply aren't enough low-mana effective taunt minions. The way I imagined an optimal Taunt Warrior deck would work is similar to an Enrage Warrior list where you run minions like Tauren Warrior, and spells like Inner Rage and Battle Rage in order to keep tempo and draw through your deck in order to spam out taunt minions to complete the quest. However there simply aren't enough effective 2-3 mana taunt minions in Standard for now so this doesn't work. I think it would work in Wild where you have minions like Unstable Ghoul and even Annoy-a-tron.

fertygo

The issue with the Warrior Quest is that there simply aren't enough low-mana effective taunt minions. The way I imagined an optimal Taunt Warrior deck would work is similar to an Enrage Warrior list where you run minions like Tauren Warrior, and spells like Inner Rage and Battle Rage in order to keep tempo and draw through your deck in order to spam out taunt minions to complete the quest. However there simply aren't enough effective 2-3 mana taunt minions in Standard for now so this doesn't work. I think it would work in Wild where you have minions like Unstable Ghoul and even Annoy-a-tron.
What issue tho the archetype seems pretty strong atm

fertygo

Have to wait for VS reports but I think that archetype is having mediocre ladder winrates.

Its 2nd highest winrate behind PW according to VS live tracker, and the deck keep cutting more taunt

latest list from RayC not even use the 4 drop taunt anymore

IceMarker

Playing nearly the same deck for over 4 hours now, went up to top of 11 then fell back to 15.

I seriously fucking hate this. Why do I keep playing?

Grief.exe

Seriously can't even get to rank 10 with tempo mage. Fuck this game.

Playing nearly the same deck for over 4 hours now, went up to top of 11 then fell back to 15.

I seriously fucking hate this. Why do I keep playing?

Is there a class you are seeing that is a bad matchup at those ranks?

Day 7, still waiting on the Crystal Rogue nerf, no money will be given to Blizzard until then. (On top of many other reasons.)

Deck isn't even worth nerfing.

I feel you are intentionally banging your head against a wall. Mage is currently sub 40% win rate in the current "new" meta. Play pirate warrior or taunt warrior if you are looking to rank.

If I was having as bad a time over 4 hours od take a break for the day. Frustration makes me play worse and make little mistakes, which makes the game less fun. But that's just me.

Measley

So are the quests by and large a failure?

From what I've experienced the only decent ones are Warrior, Shaman, and Priest.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If I was having as bad a time over 4 hours od take a break for the day. Frustration makes me play worse and make little mistakes, which makes the game less fun. But that's just me.

No, it's everybody.

It's why it's a good idea to just take a break if you find yourself losing more than like... two or three matches in a row. Just go do something else for a bit. Your mind isn't going to be right.

Zemm

what? The deck is probably tier 1 and is the easiest deck in the history of the game to pilot.

fertygo

what? The deck is probably tier 1 and is the easiest deck in the history of the game to pilot.

Hell no lol, their minion not even usually trade up like most strongest deck does in the past

btw the hard counter to taunt warrior is quest rogue with vanish

sibarraz

Banned
Is horrible to play against taunt warrior, they have well stated taunt minions which you ca't bypass, and you can't build a board since brawl, ravaging ghoul and fiery war axe punishes you for doing that.

Dahbomb

Control/Taunt Warrior is good because despite not having taunts that can trade up well, they are still effective at stalling out the game and creating board tension.

A lot of aggro decks have issues effectively going through Tar Creepers, Bloodhoofs and Alleysmith. You couple that with Armorsmiths, WW effects and spot removals... means that it's hard to actually keep a decent board against Warrior that can punch face. If you over commit you play into Brawl. But if you board isn't big enough they have Drake, Sleep with Fishes, War Axe, Slam etc.

They have the tools to stall out the game which is the whole point of taunts. Taunts create board tension which makes it easier for the Warrior to clear the board. Easier to Execute targets and finish stragglers with WW.

As far as win rates go it's definitely one of the higher win rates decks in the game right nowx easily top 5. But it definitely has counters, I think in competitive HS it won't be a super strong force.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If I didn't hate mirror matches so much I would craft taunt warrior. I like simpler decks sometimes. It's why I like playing hunter every so often.

Top Bottom