• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yeah, he has been tweaking it here and there. I'm not sure what an optimal list looks like aside from legendaries I don't have access to, some clears, and lots of SHR synergy cards.

In particular I cut justicar. Think it's too slow. Used to be good but vinecleaver is much faster. i also added knife juggler's and cut to 1 equality, plus nzoth, 1 steed buff. Not sure about lightfused steg, but seemed good on stream when u hit windfury on buffed dudes. Will post my first cut in a sec.

XxVBh9Q.png

edit:
I think the deck basically builds itself for the first 20-24 cards.

In particular I cut justicar. Think it's too slow. Used to be good but vinecleaver is much faster. i also added knife juggler's and cut to 1 equality, plus nzoth, 1 steed buff. Not sure about lightfused steg, but seemed good on stream when u hit windfury on buffed dudes. Will post my first cut in a sec.

XxVBh9Q.png

edit:
I think the deck basically builds itself for the first 20-24 cards.
Thanks for sharing that list! I will keep it in mind when I can afford mine in 6 months (lol).

Goddamn Savjz is the mill master. About to hit 7 wins in the Brawl.

I love this deck, but I am so bad at playing it.

I mean, like I could prep the Crystal Cove but I had shit to play afterwards, and the guys concedes after I play Prep lol.

It's interesting when you have almost everything you need but there's an inner fire priest with a 20 damage Bittertide Hydra and Faceless Manipulator breathing down my neck and I'm deciding whether to Vanish and lose board presence or to freeze and lose charge potential later on, etc.

It's a relatively simple deck but there's those times where I eke out a win by playing the cards well that feels nice.

I'm really enjoying giving miracle rogue a legit shot after only dabbling in it, but I'm HORRIBLE at the mulligans. I really need to improve that.

Anyone have any tips, because this seems like the trickiest part of playing the deck.

I'm really enjoying giving miracle rogue a legit shot after only dabbling in it, but I'm HORRIBLE at the mulligans. I really need to improve that.

Anyone have any tips, because this seems like the trickiest part of playing the deck.

I just mulligan everything for swash, backstab, razorpetal lasher, shaku (if being ran)

si7 agent (sometimes keep, if backstab is in hand already or maybe zoo)

fan of knives keep vs hunter, warrior, zoo (for pirate warrior)

Against control sometimes I get a little bit greedier if I already have some good opening cards. Like vs priest you can probably keep auctioneer sometimes, maybe mimic pod or sherazin.

Miracle rogue is built to be more consistent now than it was before. That means you should mulligan more aggressively for early game options.

Ice Block is such a pain in the ass that my two tech cards in Dragon Priest are Priest of the Feast(for Aggro, it eats Pirate Warrior, is a body, and gains life off of Shadow Worx) and Secret Eater, which is solely for fighting Ice Block.

The number of times that Mage can go Ice Block and buy 2-3 Turns into a win is hella stupid, especially since they often get you down to 10.

Granted, Ice Block is so, so very much less annoying now that we no longer have Mad Scientist in Standard. How they ever thought that card was okay is beyond me.

Ice Block is such a pain in the ass that my two tech cards in Dragon Priest are Priest of the Feast(for Aggro, it eats Pirate Warrior, is a body, and gains life off of Shadow Worx) and Secret Eater, which is solely for fighting Ice Block.

The number of times that Mage can go Ice Block and buy 2-3 Turns into a win is hella stupid, especially since they often get you down to 10.

Granted, Ice Block is so, so very much less annoying now that we no longer have Mad Scientist in Standard. How they ever thought that card was okay is beyond me.

I got neither of those 2 tech cards in my dragon priest and still haven't lost to mage. Usually when they alex me I already have enough pressure to close out the game while staying just above lethal with hero power and occasionally holy nova.

If you're in mage land, sure, but otherwise secrets aren't enough of an issue to warrant a counter. I can't speak for priest of the feast for aggro, usually it's the board that kills me and not my health total.

I just mulligan everything for swash, backstab, razorpetal lasher, shaku (if being ran)

si7 agent (sometimes keep, if backstab is in hand already or maybe zoo)

fan of knives keep vs hunter, warrior, zoo (for pirate warrior)

Against control sometimes I get a little bit greedier if I already have some good opening cards. Like vs priest you can probably keep auctioneer sometimes, maybe mimic pod or sherazin.

Miracle rogue is built to be more consistent now than it was before. That means you should mulligan more aggressively for early game options.
Do you ever keep Preparation? Do you keep Counterfeit Coin if you're going first?

Do you ever keep Preparation? Do you keep Counterfeit Coin if you're going first?

Against some tempo match ups it can be invaluable and also sometimes if van cleef is in hand and it's a strong match up for van cleef to dominate. Like zoo or pirate warrior and egg druid, if you already have a evisc or fan and/or van cleef. I sometimes keep evisc for those heavy tempo matches too, but backstab is usually much better in those match ups.

I just wanted to clear quests, but I kept playing and got rank 10. I don't think I've ever pushed it this early, and I wonder if this is the month to shoot for legendary.

Blizzard

Banned
I just wanted to clear quests, but I kept playing and got rank 10. I don't think I've ever pushed it this early, and I wonder if this is the month to shoot for legendary.
I hit it yesterday as well, and in fact hit rank 9 for the first time ever. If I have time I want to at least aim for 5 this month.

Lyng

Against some tempo match ups it can be invaluable and also sometimes if van cleef is in hand and it's a strong match up for van cleef to dominate. Like zoo or pirate warrior and egg druid, if you already have a evisc or fan and/or van cleef. I sometimes keep evisc for those heavy tempo matches too, but backstab is usually much better in those match ups.

If you get coin, prep and cleef against druid I usually keep that since they really lack single target removal. And if its token, forcing them to waste minions on your cleef means you have allready won.

Once I am done playing around with Dragon priest ( which is beginning to go much better) Ill go back to Miracle. Miracle has allways been my favourite deck, and I like this iteration of it alot.

Tomcat

I think purify priest is a bit stronger than dragon priest. Or more optimal for this meta. I Will continue testing both decks though since I am going for golden portrait.

Blizzard

Banned
I know you can't lose stars, but I didn't know there's hidden elo or something going on. There wasn't even a long matchmaking wait, but at level 10 I got matched against a level 12 player.

The next game was a level 10 opponent again.

Nachos

Blizzard finally listed the odds of getting each card rarity, but unfortunately, they only gave the average drop rates and didn't mention anything about golden cards.

Rare - At least 1 rare or better in each pack
Epic - Average of 1 in every 5 packs
Legendary - Average of 1 in every 20 packs

They also acknowledge the pity timer, stating that "as players open more packs, the actual probability of opening cards of a certain quality increases in tandem," but they don't give the actual numbers you need to be guaranteed one.

Pretty sure none of this is new, but baby steps.

Miletius

I know you can't lose stars, but I didn't know there's hidden elo or something going on. There wasn't even a long matchmaking wait, but at level 10 I got matched against a level 12 player.

The next game was a level 10 opponent again.

This seems to happen if you lose a few at R10 zero stars (or any other rank that's a floor). The game allows you to play somebody who is a bit lower than your floor rank. Once you start winning again it puts you back in the proper location.

Blizzard finally listed the odds of getting each card rarity, but unfortunately, they only gave the average drop rates and didn't mention anything about golden cards.

They also acknowledge the pity timer, stating that "as players open more packs, the actual probability of opening cards of a certain quality increases in tandem," but they don't give the actual numbers you need to be guaranteed one.

Those stats were already known. I think pity timer hits 100% at 40 packs.

IceMarker

Just got to one star before 15, then ran into the brick wall of 4 hunters in a row, which is the counter to burn mage.

I know that feeling all too well, about to hit 15/10/5 and BAM! game throws you your counter deck. Luckily that doesn't happen more than twice (for me at least).

I think purify priest is a bit stronger than dragon priest. Or more optimal for this meta. I Will continue testing both decks though since I am going for golden portrait.

Might try Purify as I lack Dragonfire potion for my Dragon Priest deck. Do you have a list?

So basically what we already know. Not sure what people were expecting.

Ugh, also reddit. Someone claims it is gambling and suddenly everyone assume it's gambling. At least under US laws it is not considered gambling because the thing being "gambled" is not of value (wholly owned by blizzard).

lol one star away from 15 on my lunch break today. my tolvir hunter beats an egg druid (not an easy feat in a class with no board clears, uphill climb there but i eventually cleared his board and took control). he concedes; i get my 10 gold for winning 3 games, but my rank shows up, stars don't change. i close the client cos my break's over and i'm slightly raging, when i re open the client it says i lost my last match due to disconnect. WTF.

egg druid fucking sucks to fight as a hunter. you can't face race them and if they hit living mana it's basically an instant concede unless luck out with UTH and a lucky roll on animal companion.

Fixed1979

Strifecro is disgustingly good at this game.

He's definitely my favorite streamers, (almost) always calm and talks through his decisions. He's ability to find plays that others don't see is really impressive, so many times I've seen his chat blow up because he wins a game that at one point appears completely hopeless.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
lol one star away from 15 on my lunch break today. my tolvir hunter beats an egg druid (not an easy feat in a class with no board clears, uphill climb there but i eventually cleared his board and took control). he concedes; i get my 10 gold for winning 3 games, but my rank shows up, stars don't change. i close the client cos my break's over and i'm slightly raging, when i re open the client it says i lost my last match due to disconnect. WTF.

egg druid fucking sucks to fight as a hunter. you can't face race them and if they hit living mana it's basically an instant concede unless luck out with UTH and a lucky roll on animal companion.

You could try running a secret Hunter list and toss in explosive trap.

I just had an insane game (https://hsreplay.net/replay/oC8hyPDSyuyLT8byjpJXwS) where my dragon priest deck didn't draw a dragon until there were 13 cards left, meaning 8 of 8 of my dragon cards were bottom 13 cards. It was against shaman and I managed to win anyway, but I would have lost if devolve didn't turn my primordial drake into a bog creeper. And I would have lost if he drew his second kalimos. Pretty crazy game.

Rank 5 hype!

You could try running a secret Hunter list and toss in explosive trap.

nah i like my deck, its a little homebrew thing with a tolvir warden, its 49-23 on recorded ladder games, although i play a lot more mobile. beast synergy is so fun. checking i guess i'm 5-1 against druid on recorded games but just by knowledge it shouldn't be good against eggs unless i luck out with some good razormaw taunts and houndmaster pulls. hunter is very fun to play rn in that kind of early game tempo, control the board with your minions then go for the kill 7-9 kind of beast deck. but i just concede that living mana is a huge mark lol since slamming a highmane into one 2/2 at that point doesn't do too much. it's more important to me to be able to deal with things like taunt warrior anyway , i'd rather cry when living mana is played over feeling helpless anytime a primal drake is dropped (hunters mark and some of my combos give my hunter a decent shot at beating the taunt spammers)

Top Bottom