• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Ten |OT| Will the winner actually get the stated prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

Wasn't that the guy who works under one of the previous season's finalists?

I think it was the first season runner up and i think thats who he called.

Not sure it was a coincidence that the minorities were sent up tonight. Don't really see what Barbie did to gather that much hate from every single one of those girls.

there was no way barbie was going home. this show loves keeping the most hated woman on to drive the team crazy.

Well the team performed so poorly that I'm sure Ramsay wanted somebody there to keep them annoyed. Why bother improving team chemistry when the problem is they can't cook?

(Makes for great TV too, obviously. Compared to masterchef it's like these contestants are urged to do a six pack of Nos before every episode)

ced

Watched the first EP last night, I really don't like this show anymore. It really is the same staged BS every season. It also bothers me it's always the same menu, and the same fuck ups over and over.

Gay black guy gets the boot first, where is the outrage OT?

Ezio

Ok, so this Robyn or however you spell it girl is really getting on my nerves. She looks like some hood wannabe crackhead honestly.

She needs to go.

Also, Patrick gonna win dis.

pigeon

Banned
I watched some of it.

There was a thing where people pretended to get their hair cut, but not really and then no one could cook anything and Gordon Ramsey got mad and the contestants smoked some butts and made curious decisions as to who should be voted off the kitchen and beef wellington.

Chicken wellington! Even harder since you can't cook chicken rare at all so it's always going to take a long time.

Watched the first episode. Glad to see the usual Person with a Health Problem that will Eliminate Them, Weak Minority Chef Intended to Lose Early, and Guy Who is Openly Sexist are making early appearances this season.

Centurion

Banned
thZwH.jpg

this smug bastard will win

I sure know how to pick em

Don is fast becoming one of my favorites, the guy is naturally funny/goofy.

And it must suck for Guy to have a cold sore outbreak on national television.

edit: why is it always the white girls that go "hood"

I know the show has always been bullshit, but it was just so tired and unbearable last night, won't be tuning in even as a time-waster.

kagete

I became strangely more attracted to Elise as the show went on :|

Same here. Even though my GF and I both picked Will to win it from the first episode, I loved seeing Elise get torn down and then get back up like it was never her fault.

RangersFan

The 2 finalists I think
rTiQ9.jpg
XkJ8l.jpg

with Patrick winning

it's all about who flies under the radar, until the weed out all the fake contestants

TheExodu5

Banned
Still catching up. Starting season 5 now. Ramsay liked quite a few signature dishes for once. I hope this is the sign of the talent getting better and them not just choosing total fuck ups because they make for good TV.

bozeman

If you want to know who is a finalist, find out who gets put on desserts or meat in the first few services. They always put the real cooks there so that the drama can happen on apps, fish, and garnish.

benjipwns

Banned
Couldn't watch this until this morning, so mini live blog even though nobody cares.

A little passive aggressive there Barbie.

Congratulations, you're now an American, so suffer through Hell's Kitchen!

:lol at Royce using third person, fucking up salads

Those giraffes are slummin'

20 minutes. 15 minutes. 10 minutes. I don't fucking know!

"These scallops are sexy bitch, I don't know. I'm a sexy bitch, I don't know!"

:lol come on Clemenza.

I love how all they apparently have to do for the Beef Wellington is keep time on the oven, yet nobody seems to be able to do it.

"is for Barbie...er...I mean Briana"

:lol at playing the same cry of pain over and over again in the preview

RangersFan

was a bit worried that my pick patrick was taking on leadership role too early but he handled it fine. thought the edit was coming where he fails after taking it on, whew. my other finalist pick justin flew nicely under the radar today, further solidifying my pick he will go far. barbie is a clear plant who will stick around for a few weeks more.

Trigger

Couldn't watch this until this morning, so mini live blog even though nobody cares.

A little passive aggressive there Barbie.

Congratulations, you're now an American, so suffer through Hell's Kitchen!

:lol at Royce using third person, fucking up salads

Those giraffes are slummin'

20 minutes. 15 minutes. 10 minutes. I don't fucking know!

"These scallops are sexy bitch, I don't know. I'm a sexy bitch, I don't know!"

:lol come on Clemenza.

I love how all they apparently have to do for the Beef Wellington is keep time on the oven, yet nobody seems to be able to do it.

"is for Barbie...er...I mean Briana"

:lol at playing the same cry of pain over and over again in the preview

lol, I'm not really sure what her goal is other than to get kicked of the female team and forced to work with the men. She really had no reason to antagonize them. $10 says she'll at some point refer to the team as "Hell's Bitches" as well.

Pkaz01

The interesting thing about Barbie is her personality isn't as obnoxious as people on other seasons who were hated as much as her. She sucks pretty damn bad at the cooking but the most annoying girl is that miss piggy looking one that always goes crazy and threatens to choke someone.

benjipwns

Banned
It's funny how last week we were all "why are they so pissed at Barbie?" and they open this week with her intentionally stomping around the place at 5AM.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I was sort of noticing the pattern of Hell's Kitchen keeping around the most irritating contestant, regardless of their lack of kitchen skills, up until near the end. Just for kicks, they should have a season where they bring back every such contestant and make teams out of just those.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Is it bad that I can't help but think that racism is a problem on this show? On both sides of the aisle?

Last year with that crazy lady (so happy I forgot her name) and this year with Barbie, we have teams that immediately hate the black person on their team. Maybe it's just black women or something?

Just seems oddly coincidental that the antagonist on the women's team has been a black woman two seasons in a row now.

Zoe

If there's racism, I think it comes from the casting department. Elise and Barbie definitely have abrasive personalities.

Looks like the women won't be focusing on Barbie next week though from the previews.

benjipwns

Banned
I think a case could be made it's less from the casting department as there are plenty of insane white women on this show. But the black women do seem to get cast out and often fit in better with the men's team.

Going off memory Autumn wasn't well liked by the women nor Tennille. IIRC, Ariel also was better received by the men.

Going back even farther you have the "waffle house cook" who was matching or outperforming everyone but was constantly being bashed by the women.

EDIT: Julia, season three.

Spacebar

If there's racism, I think it comes from the casting department. Elise and Barbie definitely have abrasive personalities.

Looks like the women won't be focusing on Barbie next week though from the previews.

No new episode tonight?

Is this a new episode or a repeat? It doesn't say new on the guide.

I hate Clemenza's last name. Reminds me of some type of infection.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
These women are annoying. Real people don't act like this after only a few days. Ramsey really gets the tards on his show.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
These women are annoying. Real people don't act like this after only a few days. Ramsey really gets the tards on his show.

I dunno, I don't think I've ever watched a reality show where the women didn't have a complete meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom