• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Ten |OT| Will the winner actually get the stated prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
There's some serious tards on the womens team this year, but this droopy-faced OG gangsta is my favourite one to hate on so far...

Th90l.jpg

My god, the editing for the episode previews is so over-the-top is almost seems like a parody. Incredibly quick cuts, zooms, and cliched sound effects are par for the course. It seems like it was edited by an ADHD-affected person on cocaine.

Seriously, pay attention to them next week. They're really funny in a weird sort of way.

benjipwns

Banned
HK-GAF has always loved the previews.

Best is when they show a bunch of ambulances and fire trucks with people screaming and sirens. And then it's a lunch for rescue workers and somebody gets a minor cut on their hand.

Ezio

Robyn and "pig face" are by far the 2 most annoying on the show for me so far. Robyn just speaks/acts like some sort of addict.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Best is when they show a bunch of ambulances and fire trucks with people screaming and sirens. And then it's a lunch for rescue workers and somebody gets a minor cut on their hand.

Haha, too true. It's great.

SHUT YOUR FAT FACE, YOU DONKEY.

Him calling someone a donkey will always be my favorite Chef insult.

abundant

They did that for the previews that aired after Monday's episode. They made it seem like Guy's accident with the knife was so bad he had to go to the hospital.

Zoe

They did that for the previews that aired after Monday's episode. They made it seem like Guy's accident with the knife was so bad he had to go to the hospital.

They cut a sound bite down to "he cut his finger off" :lol

This show has always been a guilty pleasure but its just more of the same every year. They just pick people that are horrible team players/have bad attitudes. Not only that, they cook the same stuff every year and the people don't know how to cook them.

Ramsay needs to do stuff like the f word and the british kitchen nightmares.

Just catching up, there is not a single likable person on this season. Female team seems extra special needs.

Not getting the Barbie hate at all. Wtf? Racial shit going on? Why are those women acting like that?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This show has always been a guilty pleasure but its just more of the same every year. They just pick people that are horrible team players/have bad attitudes. Not only that, they cook the same stuff every year and the people don't know how to cook them.

Ramsay needs to do stuff like the f word and the british kitchen nightmares.

Agreed. I have no idea why he hasn't brought it over. The market for it would be huge.

pigeon

Banned
Last year with that crazy lady (so happy I forgot her name) and this year with Barbie, we have teams that immediately hate the black person on their team. Maybe it's just black women or something?

If there's racism, I think it comes from the casting department. Elise and Barbie definitely have abrasive personalities.

Both of these are totally problems with the show. If it's true, as this thread suggests, that they deliberately sort the cooks by talent to make sure there's early drama and keep the better cooks alive, then the fact that PoC chefs tend to all be gone by the halfway point means that they're intentionally selecting PoC chefs with less talent. If it seemed like Tavon was the youngest and least qualified chef, well, that was probably a deliberate choice, because you know there are more Rocks out there.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ramsay's "another thing, get out" to Danielle seemed really blatantly edited in. It was said in exactly the same fashion with the exact same hand gesture and facial expression as from a few weeks ago. Also it didn't really fit into the conversation context.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I haven't really watched every season; who was the person to whom this episode was dedicated at the end?

Grinchy

Banned
I just started watching. The hair thing was so obvious, but they do a fake team member thing at the beginning of every season so whatever.

Why do they always get a really fat guy who can barely even stand up without having a heart attack every year? This guy is hacking a lung into a towel.

RangersFan

dana is actually pretty hot the more i watch her, and i usually find HK women so meh. my god kimmie and her fat aggression is so fucking annoying.

and patrick :( i knew taking on the leadership role too early might be your demise, i don't think he is dismissed i think the raw pork chick will be gone, but still you gotta fly under the radar for a bit longer until they weed out the no hope contestants. then again they may be doing a "redemption" type edit with him.

BrettWeir

Kimmie and Clemenza thoroughly disgust me. The amount of sweat excreting from their pores makes me weep for the people that are exposed to the food they cook.

I honestly am having a hard time making it through most episodes, as they show Kimmie bitching way to often.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Is it just me, or does MasterChef existing during the same airing schedule really make Hell's Kitchen look like shit?

MasterChef contestants are more likeable and get to spend more time being creative. In Hell's Kitchen it's just a shitshow.

My wife and I skipped Hell's Kitchen this week in favor of watching MasterChef...and I think HK may be off the menu completely now :/

chris121580

Is it just me, or does MasterChef existing during the same airing schedule really make Hell's Kitchen look like shit?

MasterChef contestants are more likeable and get to spend more time being creative. In Hell's Kitchen it's just a shitshow.

My wife and I skipped Hell's Kitchen this week in favor of watching MasterChef...and I think HK may be off the menu completely now :/

I agree with this but I'm still sticking with HK. It was kind of really great last night. Gordon kicked more than half the chefs out of the kitchen. It was pretty entertaining to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom