• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Vita is the best portable snes :) (except maybe gp32)

For everything else n3ds (except maybe gp32)

Everything else..?
Does that include PC Engine, Genesis, Nes, Mame etc...
Better than the Vita...wow that is surprising, who would have guessed.
Hoping that that will change soon with the continually growing scene on Vita now.
It certainly has a lot more grunt than n3ds.

Chuy

Everything else..?
Does that include PC Engine, Genesis, Nes, Mame etc...
Better than the Vita...wow that is surprising, who would have guessed.
Hoping that that will change soon with the continually growing scene on Vita now.
It certainly has a lot more grunt than n3ds.

NeoGeo is a godsend on Vita

Metal Slug on OLED 😱

Young Magus

All tgis talk of OLED makes me wanna grab a 1000 vita on the cheap side.

Then I remembered that the model is a pain to hold/play compared to the 2000 model

*sigh*

Anony

1 % of 10 million is 100k, so world wide wise, less than 1% most likely

i tried switching retroarch to xmb style and now it just blackscreens on me when it starts up? anyone know how to fix

Elven_Star

Any proper downgrade methods out there? Now that there is PSN access, I want to give this HENKaku thing a try, but I'm on 3.61 already :(

Vitacat

Any place still sell new slims? Did Sony stop making Vitas? I'm not seeing any at the usual places. I have an OG Vita (3.60 and yes I turned off auto update, heh) but am considering a second unit for messing around with.

Hikami

I know you could do this before Henkaku but it's so much easier now. Couldn't do it before because of how complicated it was.
zdvBkyo.jpg
0u6adCV.jpg
I'll have to redo the Wild Arms and Breath of Fire 4 icons since they didn't come out too well. Regardless, I'm glad to have a way to get rid of the ugly square/rectangle in a circle look my PS1/PSP classics have.

Atomski

All the people who updated to 3.61 for Psn

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

But in all seriousness I'm sure Sony will start handing out bans if the hacks keep up like this.

Glad PSN is back. I can play BO Declassified, Killzone and upload my scores to OlliOlli again. If PSN gets permanently patched - well, I'm staying on the hackable firmware.

Tohsaka

Nice, managed to get my trophies updated on the Vita so I can switch the memory card back to the PSTV without worrying about issues.

EGM92

Hopefully someone will be able to help me, I'm a complete noob when it comes to retroarch. I installed Henkaku, setup the FTP, connected to the vita, I transfered gpsp_libretro.vpk to the vita root at ux0 and installed the VPK. I also transfered some roms for testing. I open up the bubble go to load content, select a rom, screen goes black, then go back into the retroarch menu. Is there something else I have to do? Am I missing something?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me, I'm a complete noob when it comes to retroarch. I installed Henkaku, setup the FTP, connected to the vita, I transfered gpsp_libretro.vpk to the vita root at ux0 and installed the VPK. I also transfered some roms for testing. I open up the bubble go to load content, select a rom, screen goes black, then go back into the retroarch menu. Is there something else I have to do? Am I missing something?

I'm guessing you need the bios file?

Atomski

You need a GBA bios in ux0:/data/retroarch/cores/system

Joey Ravn

Banned
See? This is exactly why I should never go to sleep. The best news happens while I'm not at my computer and can't report them :p

Anyways, PSN access is awesome! I was worried about a few PS+ games running out of time, but I can refresh my licences for a few more months now :)

Trace

Banned
See? This is exactly why I should never go to sleep. The best news happens while I'm not at my computer and can't report them :p

Anyways, PSN access is awesome! I was worried about a few PS+ games running out of time, but I can refresh my licences for a few more months now :)

Yea all my PS+ licenses were due to expire in a week or two, now I have them good for another year.

Question though, to renew the licenses to I have to launch all of them manually or is there a way to do them all at once?

Megatron

Any place still sell new slims? Did Sony stop making Vitas? I'm not seeing any at the usual places. I have an OG Vita (3.60 and yes I turned off auto update, heh) but am considering a second unit for messing around with.

They're still on Amazon. I just ordered one this week.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yea all my PS+ licenses were due to expire in a week or two, now I have them good for another year.

Question though, to renew the licenses to I have to launch all of them manually or is there a way to do them all at once?

Honestly, I don't know. I tried launching the games but the licenses didn't refresh. I'm dowloading everything again, because Sony *shrugs*

Feel stupid now that I dident bought risk of rain last week when it had discount. Thought I would never have access to it.

See If sony Will come out with a new firmwire again..

EGM92

You need a GBA bios in ux0:/data/retroarch/cores/system

Nvm I got the SNES emu working, though yoshi's island runs like crap, probably the way I set it up or the build I installed. I can't get GBA to work. Can someone recommend a build that is known to work / run well?

twisted89

Slightly off topic but what's the best trigger grip for the original vita 1000? Want to start using my vita more with henkaku but it kills my hands after a while.

Dwayne

Has there been any discussion around PlayStation Mobile? Will be very happy to play my games again. Hopefully they can be similarly dumped so they can at least be played outside of the license requirement.

Top Bottom