• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

First game with Cassia was good. Her E does hella damage. W is kinda shitty. Q is interesting. The Lightning Ball ult was fun and got me 2 kills from 1/4th HP or so by itself.

No clue on talents, I barely had time to look, just took what seemed best. Really dig the animations and stuff.

So this launches a month from now?

End of April at the latest. Possibly sooner based on the schedule posted on their website. Depends how you interpret it, I guess.

scoobs

So Cassia is basically taking Jim Raynors roll as the "stutter step tutorial" hero. It's interesting we are getting another "hook" hero out into the game, not sure how many more of those we need tbh

Also it looks like the next battleground is Overwatch themed, and Genji is our next hero.

Alur

t4LGTpt.jpg

Digging this Johanna tint.

Kioshen

So Cassia is basically taking Jim Raynors roll as the "stutter step tutorial" hero. It's interesting we are getting another "hook" hero out into the game, not sure how many more of those we need tbh

Also it looks like the next battleground is Overwatch themed, and Genji is our next hero.

They better have a "I need healing !" voice tidbit or I riot.

Maledict

I wish there was an easy way of figuring out what I will unlock when the new system goes live so I can work out what / if any heroes I should be playing. I'm hero level 494 so reckon I need another 6 levels to gain an epic chest,

Dreavus

I see some reddit discussion about Master skins. What do you guys think? I don't play this game that much and only have one hero at lvl 9 with the rest below. I'm pretty excited to be able to grab some of the master skins for much less than they currently are (Muradin!), but I could see how some people could be miffed about the "exclusivity" of them being lost somehow. I always saw them as cool skins (that happened to be hard to get) and not as a status symbol, but I suppose some people might have a different viewpoint.

Kioshen

I'm a little miffed about master skins being relegated to "rare" status honestly. It showed dedication and love to a hero that couldn't be bought out by the one true card. You could queue up and somebody wants first pick abathur. Ok that's not ideal but hey look he has the master skin. I'm more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and roll with it. Maybe it's a warped perspective but I liked it. You could argue that a master skin = does not equal skill and you are right but it at least communicated dedication better than hey people look at my profile I swear I've put the amount of matches in that hero to be comfortable with it.

Alur

I see some reddit discussion about Master skins. What do you guys think? I don't play this game that much and only have one hero at lvl 9 with the rest below. I'm pretty excited to be able to grab some of the master skins for much less than they currently are (Muradin!), but I could see how some people could be miffed about the "exclusivity" of them being lost somehow. I always saw them as cool skins (that happened to be hard to get) and not as a status symbol, but I suppose some people might have a different viewpoint.

I have probably 10-15 masters...and I like the change. There's a few reasons for that. The first is because now master skins are very cheap. 100 shards. You don't like the base or whatever the other skin is? Now you don't have to level it up because you can just grab the tint of the master you like. The second and biggest reason, however, is that epic and legendary skins are expensive. Particularly the latter. Once folks bust through their initial run of reward boxes, it's gonna take a lot of capital to buy a legendary skin. Master skins in some cases look just as good (with less features), so it's kind of a trade.

I agree that when I saw a master skin I always thought "they more than likely know what they're doing." Not always an indication of skill of course, but a higher chance they aren't horrible with the character. I will also miss that aspect.

Kioshen

Apparently the trade off for making master skins "rare" is that you get a taunt progression system. The higher your hero level, the more flashy and "taunty" your taunt will be for the hero.

Zackat

I have a handful of master skins , I like the ones I own. I could have bought a lot more but it just wasn't worth 10k. Now I can choose the tint I want. Seems good.

Alur

Folks in that loot boxes thread also concerned about whether or not we will miss out on a significant amount of gems as well due to being past several of the gem break points on multiple heroes/levels/whatever. I haven't seen any mention of this in any of the videos or anything, only the loot boxes capped at 70 bit.

Milly79

14 chests: (only doing rare+)

1- Northern Champ Lunara, Douchebag Raynor
2 - Drakkari War Bear
3 - Abathur, Ribbit Lucio
4 - Crimson Purifier Artanis, Wizard Banner
5 - All common
6 - Real Dream 2016 Championship Banner
7 - Violet Roller Derby Nova
8 - Caramel Kandy King Muradin
9 - Emoji Tracer
10 - Malfurion, Toxic Witch Doctor Banner
11 - Crimson Ringmaster's Pride
12 - Lunara, Terran Probius
13 - Daelaam Artanis, Ghostlands Ranger-General Sylvanas
14 - Arthas Announcer, Valla, Woodland Ranger-General Sylvanas

12 more for funsies

1 - All common
2 - Amber Horde Banner
3 - Li Li, Renegade Master Sgt. Hammer
4 - Glam Metal ETC, Leoric
5 - Entombed Zakarum Leoric, Seafoam Buccaneer Falstad
6 - Death God Arthas, Dwarf Warbanner
7 - All common
8 - Emoji Sylvanas, Garnet Executor Tassadar
9 - Zul'jin
10 - Brown Dire Wolf, Li Li Announcer
11 - All common
12 - Wretched Eredar Armor Illidan, Mega Love Doctor Morales

3? Legendaries out of 26 boxes. I guess that's okay?

kirblar

Uther rework Talk on THH right now. NDA is off for him.]

edit: Uther gives you Armor after he heals you now. Does not stack, only refreshes duration if you use both Q and W.
Q now works like Tyrande's, it heals him as well.
3 Quests at L1 now.
L4 is all damage talents. Holy shock, Holy Fire, and something else.
L7- hilarious CD Reset talent on Q if you stun him, apparently crazy w/ Holy Shock. Uther's Cleanse has a 5s/hit Battle Momentum built in. the 3rd option is a talent that changes his armor trait to 60% on CC'd targets

I can't even figure out what my level will be post 2.0. Confusing.

Check your profile and under "profile summary" on the bottom left of the screen should tell your "total hero lvl" which is the level of all your characters combined.

Your total combined hero lvl will be your "main" lvl in 2.0.

So for instance my total hero lvl is 424 so my main lvl should be 424 in 2.0 I'm assuming.

Maledict

Check your profile and under "profile summary" on the bottom left of the screen should tell your "total hero lvl" which is the level of all your characters combined.

So for instance my total hero lvl is 424 so my main lvl should be 424 in 2.0 I'm assuming.

Nope. The new system has much lower xp requirements to level up, so you'll gain a ton of levels when you log in.

Alur

Wonder what the odds are this new system causes players to be more rigid in their picks in draft modes, particularly in lower leagues, "because I'm close to a loot box."

No its way different like Maledict said. A level 10 hero is a level 15 hero in the new system. A 20 hero is a 55 hero in the new system. Everything is getting inflated.

^ah okay, damn I have a lot of heroes already hovering around 10 :/ How does this affect master skins?

So they basically took Overwatch's progression system, slightly modified it and added it to HotS. There are worse games to crib from, I guess.

True, but at least you can still buy stuff directly unlike OW. I wonder if this will effect discounts though.

Alur

^ah okay, damn I have a lot of heroes already hovering around 10 :/ How does this affect master skins?

True, but at least you can still buy stuff directly unlike OW. I wonder if this will effect discounts though.

You can only buy stuff that is bundled and/or new directly so far as we've seen. So if you want an older skin, it's shards or loot boxes for you unless they throw it into a bundle again later.

Master skins you own are still yours with all the tints. Master skins moving forward cost 100 shards per tint and have no level restriction.

Skab

Random thought:

I hope the inclusion of the Diablo 3 Diablo skin means we can at least get a male barbarian skin some day

scoobs

Why would you use anything other than Super Sonya skin though?

I'm a little torn on master skins losing their "specialness." Kind of lame, but I see why they did it.

Celegus

2.0 looks sooooooo sick. Can't wait! Will be in NYC during the launch if it happens at the end of April but you better believe I will be playing all day when I get home! I guess being cheap and never buying skins for $$$ works out pretty well for me, now I get to play with all the fun hats!

Huh if you check out blizz's site http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/ they have a road map of the event. Which looks like it will launch on April 18th.

You can only buy stuff that is bundled and/or new directly so far as we've seen. So if you want an older skin, it's shards or loot boxes for you unless they throw it into a bundle again later.

Master skins you own are still yours with all the tints. Master skins moving forward cost 100 shards per tint and have no level restriction.

So this is pretty much going to end weekly 50% off sales?

Ketch

Fuck. When does this go live? I have so many heroes at 9.5.

Is there benefit in grinding rexxar to 10? Tell me what I should do alur.

Kioshen

Mid april at the earliest. I don't think you'll be able to buy master skins with gold iirc so if you want them now with gold might as well grind if not you'll have to spend shard on them. On a per tint basis too.

Edit: Oh man currently watching Chu8's stream and he put bw's announcer on ... this will be a permanent setting on my account. It's hilarious.

Edit2 : Well this is neat. They added the option of when using a-move your hero will attack the target closest to the cursor instead of its hitbox.

Celegus

Am I the only one that doesn't use attack move? I've never really seen the point. To stutter step I just click the ground and press s to stop moving and auto attack, repeat. Is there a benefit to using attack move instead or is that not what it's for?

I did get used to quick cast after I changed it last month or whenever that was, and only changed it back for a few certain abilities. I feel like it'd be harder to memorize the ranges on skills if I didn't play with it off for so long, so maybe that worked out for the best.

Top Bottom