• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy crap, Phantasy Star Trilogy is only going to be $20?

AniHawk

SOLD!

This is the perfect gift for my sister (loves Sega games and the PS RPGs).

Whoa, it's PS I - III. I thought it was PS I, II, and IV?

Are these the 3D versions I've seen screenshots of, or just straight ports? If the latter, you'd be better off with Phantasy Star Collection on GBA...same price, but portable.

kiryogi

Banned
Easy as hell! But pretty :p PSC on GBA might be a better alternative.

and is that description right? There was never a sega ages planned for PS3... Also PS2 and 4 aren't even out in japan are they? That date can't be right..

Fularu

Banned
Release date is bogus, publisher is bogus (JOAG???) and description is bogus (it IS PS I II and IV), but II and IV have yet to come out in japan...

ZILLION

Fularu said:
Release date is bogus, publisher is bogus (JOAG???) and description is bogus (it IS PS I II and IV), but II and IV have yet to come out in japan...

The publisher may not be bogus. JOAG is Jack Of All Games,one of Take Two's subsidaries. It isn't a stretch to think Sega possibly made a deal with Take Two for budget priced titles aside from the sports games. The other stuff is bogus but the publisher coudl be true..:)

Fularu

Banned
ZILLION said:
The publisher may not be bogus. JOAG is Jack Of All Games,one of Take Two's subsidaries. It isn't a stretch to think Sega possibly made a deal with Take Two for budget priced titles aside from the sports games. The other stuff is bogus but the publisher coudl be true..:)

Publisher is Conspiracy...

Scott

Jack Of All Games became Conspiracy's national distributor on March 4th of this year. So you're both half right.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll be getting this poste haste. But damn if I wouldn't kill for a complete PS Collection vs this misnamed and incomplete PS "Trilogy."

These are getting new translations, right? We're not going to be sitting through motheaten old text at the behest of insane PS fanfic-writers, right? Please tell me that's the case. :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
For better or for worst, PSIII is part of the PS series. You can rationalize all you want, but I'm just as disappointed in PSIII being left out of this PS2 compilation as PSIV being left out of the GBA one.

For the record, I'd happily pay 50 bucks for what we're already getting.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This thread is worthless w/o pics.

No screenies? Anyone?

DMczaf

Deku Tree said:
What are the "updated graphics" going to look like?
Are there any screenshots anywhere?
(I didn't see any @ IGN)

phantasystar_090203_015.jpg
phantasystar_090203_009.jpg
phantasystar_090203_001.jpg
phantasystar_090203_014.jpg

Mejilan said:
For better or for worst, PSIII is part of the PS series. You can rationalize all you want, but I'm just as disappointed in PSIII being left out of this PS2 compilation as PSIV being left out of the GBA one.

For the record, I'd happily pay 50 bucks for what we're already getting.

Well the only reason needed is that it's not being remade in their Sega Ages collection. So there's no way they could include it in this Trilogy.

"What are the "updated graphics" going to look like?"

This is the PS1's remake:

phantasystar_090203_002.jpg

phantasystar_090203_003.jpg

phantasystar_090203_004.jpg

phantasystar_090203_013.jpg

phantasystar_090203_016.jpg

phantasystar_090203_011.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
BobbyRobby said:
They still have the FP dungeons I see. Damn, I feel like such a loser when I have to draw maps for videogames.

PS1 had First Person dungeons.
PS2, PS4 had 3rd person.

The graphics upgrades actually are pretty decent. And at package price of 20 (even without PS3) Its quite a steal and and easy purchase this fall.

They have new music upgrades too right?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Which phantasy star has the generations of characters (based on who you choose to marry) and the cyborgs that transform spaceships? it was on genesis.

kiryogi

Banned
Suikoguy said:
PS1 had First Person dungeons.
PS2, PS4 had 3rd person.

The graphics upgrades actually are pretty decent. And at package price of 20 (even without PS3) Its quite a steal and and easy purchase this fall.

They have new music upgrades too right?
But they're easy as hell :/

LinesInTheSands your avatar rocks. DT and Pain of Salvation are my two favorite bands. And on this price point I agree: GOTY for PS2. And I will buy. Oh yes I will. And eat this dorayaki.

GhaleonEB

Well, shit. Now I have to buy a PS2. Dammit, I was so happy when they weren't coming to the US. *sigh*

Time to start saving.

ferricide

jiji said:
These are getting new translations, right? We're not going to be sitting through motheaten old text at the behest of insane PS fanfic-writers, right? Please tell me that's the case. :(
it has tons of new text, so they'd have to.

and PS1 now has automap.

Top Bottom