• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intense episode. Felt pretty bad for Ayan because I wanted to see things work out for him. Was rather shocked to see him to go like that. And sucks to see Carrie losing her cool and lashing out at everyone. Can't imagine anything good will happen from that asshole nosing around the trash and taking pics of her meds either.

Gotta love Max though. Glad they brought him along this season because he's such a quirky and awkward character. lol at his "no" when asked to take a ride with the older spy dude.

Matt

Yeah and I don't really buy that Quinn could have overwritten Carrie's authority in the control room like that.

He couldn't have if she had pressed the issue, but any drone pilot would want serious, calm confirmation of a kill order for the former head of the CIA.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Psycho bitch Carrie is back. Still pretending she's not in the wrong for being unreachable for hours on end, bitching Max out incessantly, etc. If she thinks Fara's so incompetent, why hand select her for field work she has virtually no experience with? Carrie's been shit at running her crew and station, making endless mistakes for the sake of good TV, and keeps acting like it's all on other people.

Yeah, I buy the drone pilot hesitating due to Carrie having a fucking emotional meltdown while giving the order. Now extending that out.. ehhh... less believable. But she has so little control over herself, and so little earned authority over anyone around her, that she lets Quinn keep her from making the call and she storms off like a child.

And fucking no one in that room paid attention to which vehicle the big bad got in? C'mon. Get serious.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
hollyfuck that was a great episode. Homeland still knows how to deliver those punches.

NYR

Definetely one of the better episodes of the season but lol at Saul just happening to be caught and being there. This guy survives a cia bombing not one but now twice.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How did the terrorists get their hands on Saul? I thought it was Pakistani intelligence. I know they were up to no good but all of them are allied with Al-Qaeda now? Come on. I mean not just the bearded guy who trapped him in that airport bathroom, but if the uncle knew about Carrie being with his nephew, that means either Saul blabbed (tortured or not, I'm sure he wouldn't have), or that woman manipulating the the dumbass ambassador's husband is an Al-Qaeda ally too. Seems kind of like a stretch.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gotta love Max though. Glad they brought him along this season because he's such a quirky and awkward character. lol at his "no" when asked to take a ride with the older spy dude.

Yeah, I like him too.

He couldn't have if she had pressed the issue, but any drone pilot would want serious, calm confirmation of a kill order for the former head of the CIA.

Wasn't the first order given pretty calmly?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
How did the terrorists get their hands on Saul? I thought it was Pakistani intelligence. I know they were up to no good but all of them are allied with Al-Qaeda now? Come on. I mean not just the bearded guy who trapped him in that airport bathroom, but if the uncle knew about Carrie being with his nephew, that means either Saul blabbed (tortured or not, I'm sure he wouldn't have), or that woman manipulating the the dumbass ambassador's husband is an Al-Qaeda ally too. Seems kind of like a stretch.

Martha's husband fucked it all up. When he met with ISI lady for tea, he told her about the secret CIA mission and gave her the pic of Ian. She connected the dots, probably called his uncle that CIA is after this. But it might have been too late for the uncle to not show up. But he had saul so he played it safe

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Martha's husband fucked it all up. When he met with ISI lady for tea, he told her about the secret CIA mission and gave her the pic of Ian. She connected the dots, probably called his uncle that CIA is after this. But it might have been too late for the uncle to not show up. But he had saul so he played it safe
Yeah I know it's because of him, but it just seems like a huge stretch that all Pakistani intelligence is buddy around with terrorists... I hope there's a better explanation eventually.

So we're supposed to believe despite the amazing technological resources America's intelligence has in this show they got goofed up by 3 cars going in different directions?

Despite the horribleness of the plot though, this show can still pull off some great sequences.

Really liked that episode. Proper tense stuff, what Homeland does best.

The end was pretty ridiculous though, I'll agree. Are we led to believe the CIA doesn't record what they're seeing from these drones and that they can't press rewind somehow?

Yeah I know it's because of him, but it just seems like a huge stretch that all Pakistani intelligence is buddy around with terrorists... I hope there's a better explanation eventually.

Realistically it's basically common knowledge that the ISI is half in bed with terrorists all over the region.

KarmaCow

Carrie is ridiculous. Homeland has had it's fair share of dumbshit but the idea that Carrie is still involved in anything is crazy.

So we're supposed to believe despite the amazing technological resources America's intelligence has in this show they got goofed up by 3 cars going in different directions?

Despite the horribleness of the plot though, this show can still pull off some great sequences.

I thought the question was either to follow Akani or Saul though that doesn't make sense either now that I think about it. Akani is defenseless without Saul as collateral.

cameron

Yikes. That was tense and a good episode overall. I thought Aayan would at least last the entire season given all the setup he had the past few episodes.

I would've preferred the ambassador's husband finding intel about Aayan at the embassy, like his previous leaks, rather than tailing Farah. He's inconspicuous at the embassy. Going to the safehouse seemed more risky.

Also, I'm starting to like Redmond:
hlswsv5.gif

Farah must be the most stupid agent in CIA.

First the larm goes off, then she notices the bags are open and that the broken window she had just taped shut is cracked open. Yet she does not think that someones been in there ??

WTF

Dany

Banned
Her entire team knows she slept with the asset and totally freaked the fuck out when he died.

GOd carrie. I totally must of missed the part where they lost the trucks. That is just stupid.

Vert boil

Tonight's episode marks the half way point of the season btw.

It's a shame that this episode didn't mark that we were 3/4ths of the way through
or 11/12ths

Anyhoo, I'd say I was glad that Aayan is dead but it just means we'll have the lame Saul story line now. ;(

And how the fuck didn't they track which fucking truck saul and the big bad turrurist were in. Such BS.

mm04

How to outsmart the CIA? Introduce the good ol' shell game strategy to the equation. Carrie is so unlikeable, now more than ever.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Also, I'm starting to like Redmond:
hlswsv5.gif
Laughed so hard at that.
Farah must be the most stupid agent in CIA.

First the alarm goes off, then she notices the bags are open and that the broken window she had just taped shut is cracked open. Yet she does not think that someones been in there ??

WTF
Yeah that was intensely stupid. How did she not even look alarmed at all??

And yeah losing the cars was dumb as shit too, come on. They can hack into that random payphone but they can't rewind the footage to see in which car Saul was in?

ayy lmao, will not watch then :D

I think it's been great so far. None of the Brody family bloat. Season has been going by fast for me because it has been really thrilling overall. I am finding it to be closer to S1 quality-wise. To be honest I haven't been let down by any of the episodes so far. Some good side characters this season too.

I'd say at least give it a chance.

The car thing was by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this show. And that's saying a lot. I usually don't rag heavy but jesus christ. Are they kidding me? There was so many people in that room and no one saw? What was everyone doing? They couldn't rewind it yet they're doing all this other ridiculous shit? That was just too much. This is not how CIA members would act.

This show is probably propaganda to make terrorists thing the CIA is dumb as hell.

The season is still bogged down by silly romance subplots even without Brody, but if you could stomach season 3 I guess season 4 is worth giving a shot.

Why are you all saying they didn't see which car carries whom ? It felt to me that Quinn was being silent not because he didn't know which car carried whom, but because he was pondering which car to follow: the one carrying the target or the one carrying Saul.

Come on people, give the show a bit more credit.

As for the episode, I really liked it. I felt bad for the kid; he really didn't want to have anything to do with terrorism and just wanted to be a doctor. But in the end, he got manipulated by a woman and got killed. Poor guy.

Oh, and is Max the autistic brother to the bald guy from the first seasons ? When did he ever join the CIA officially ?

Why are you all saying they didn't see which car carries whom ? It felt to me that Quinn was being silent not because he didn't know which car carried whom, but because he was pondering which car to follow: the one carrying the target or the one carrying Saul.

As for the episode, I really liked it. I felt bad for the kid; he really didn't want to have anything to do with terrorism and just wanted to be a doctor. But in the end, he got manipulated by a woman and got killed. Poor guy.

Oh, and is Max the autistic brother to the bald guy from the first seasons ? When did he ever join the CIA officially ?
if that's the case they just botched an entire operation to save saul then why not follow that car and extract him since that seems to be the number one priority.

I don't understand a LOT of AVClub decisions this season. Grades, which shows to cover, etc.

I agree. The site is a pale imitation of what it used to be. So many shows not being covered, absolutely ridiculous grades.

This episode was phenomenal. If this was a C episode of Homeland, we're going to need to invent some new letters in the alphabet for the actual bad ones.

Saty

Give the terrorist more credit. He knows there's a drone above waiting to explode him to hell. His only defense is Saul because they won't blow up the car he's in. Ergo, Haqanni will be in the same car as Saul's so they won't kill him. If they were in separate cars then they would have just blown that that doesn't carry Saul. Which is why the whole idea of them not being able to track which car Haqanni and Saul are in even though they had a drone on filming everything laughable.

And the Fara thing, lol. It's like there's a stupidity quota they have to meet and if it isn't by Carrie then it's by someone else.
Shame, Carrie's plan in that situation to scare Aayan was good. Aayan couldn't put 1 and 1 together so no problem for me he's gone. Deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom