• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Having to fight two big enemies at once.... one I can usually take down fairly quickly with ropes&traps and then the second becomes an exhilarating clusterfuck.

So much fun and such a rewarding feeling though.

Finished the game. 68 hours, 96% complete. This is a masterpiece. Those final missions, holy shit!!!!! The attention to the story to the very end, the way it ties to things you did, side quests you completed, fucking amazing. Aloy an instant top 10 game character of all time. I want more, I want more right now.

This is the next big franchise for Sony. PS1 had Crash, PS2 God of War, PS3 Uncharted and now PS4 has Horizon.

T8WcSOZ.png

Have you played any open world game where you didn't get motion sickness? You have to move and dodge a lot in this game.

I don't think so. I don't know why it is. But aimless exploration always makes me queasy. I don't often get sick in linear action games. I'll give this a shot anyway I think.Thanks y'all

cheesekao

I don't think so. I don't know why it is. But aimless exploration always makes me queasy. I don't often get sick in linear action games. I'll give this a shot anyway I think.Thanks y'all
You should probably rent it or something just in case. Chances are you'll probably get motion sickness if every single open world game has made you feel that way.

Loudninja

Also people may find ti annoying but I love it when Aloy talks to herself adds alot of character.

When she slides she sometimes says ouch lol

jdstorm

Banned
I made my way to one of a ruin in the opening area, but didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing/looking for.

I found a shit ton of supplies, a power cell & a metal flower.

Was I supposed to get/find anything else?

Inside the door there is a suit of armor that is supposedly linked to a level 25 quest. With the Power Battery you found, you might be able to do it at your current level

hbkdx12

Just decided to take my first picture after like 20+ hrs and the fact that you can dynamically change the time of day is just all kinds of bonkers.

The Lamp

Finished the game. 68 hours, 96% complete. This is a masterpiece. Those final missions, holy shit!!!!! The attention to the story to the very end, the way it ties to things you did, side quests you completed, fucking amazing. Aloy an instant top 10 game character of all time. I want more, I want more right now.

This is the next big franchise for Sony. PS1 had Crash, PS2 God of War, PS3 Uncharted and now PS4 has Horizon.

Yup. Totally agreed. I adore this game.

Trouble

Banned

Did you get it early? Because it hasn't even been 68 hours since the game unlocked on PSN. :eek:

TheFatMan

I had no idea this game was set in
Colorado at all until I was playing today and noticed the Pikes Peak Range Riders memorial in one of the ruins. That statue is located in Colorado Springs and I drive by it every damn day going to work. I literally stopped and did a double take. Fucking amazing attention to detail, crazy awesome.

(I believe the above is very minor spoilers, like very minor, but I'm not sure so I tagged it)

Animator

I played 2-3 hours.

Disclaimer: I don't really enjoy single player games anymore. I usually get bored super fast. Uncharted 4 bored the shit out of me for example. Last singleplayer game I finished was Bloodborne and thats because I love souls games.

Now this game, holy shit I got hooked a minute in. What a great way to start the story. The world is awesome. I can't wait to explore every inch of it. The gameplay is solid as well, I only saw watchers and striders so far and even fighting those was a blast. Hats off to Guerilla I did not expect this good a game from them after the disappointing killzone games.

Is it normal that all the dialogue cutscenes have the bottom third of the screen darker?
Same thing happens in my game, so I guess it is normal.

I also want to ask, is there a way to manually adjust the camera? I noticed sometimes it's over Aloy's right shoulder, sometimes the left shoulder, sometimes centered. Sometimes it's too close to her back, sometimes it's pulled back a little. Seems like the game decides for you? I want it pulled back so I can observe more of the scenery in motion while I play, without going into Photo Mode.

silva1991

Also people may find ti annoying but I love it when Aloy talks to herself adds alot of character.

When she solids she sometimes says ouch lol

Complaining about Aloy chattering has always been weird to me.

I don't remember people complaining about Nathan or Geralt or did they.

lionpants

I ended up bumping it down to Hard difficulty in the second area. Getting one shot by everything got pretty old. Not having aim assist with a controller is rough too.

Also... Fuck
glinthawks

Floody

Is there a way to remove things off the d-pad menu? It's got me killed so many times scrolling through useless crap to find a potion while dodging a few enemies.

Just how long can an overridden mount last? Is there a timer display somewhere that I'm missing?

I guess I should aim for that unlimited mount skill. I'm just too busylazy to catch one every once in a while.

TheFatMan

Did a bunch of stuff in the first area outside of the Proving Grounds starting area tonight and had a blast. I gotta say you have to pay attention to what you are doing or you can die fast.

Wandered into the hunting area of some higher level machines and barely made it out with my ass intact. Was pretty exhilarating though.

Just played through the young Aloe/basic tutorial stages, and I'm already really impressed with this game! It looks stunning, and the mechanics don't seem like they'll be too difficult to grasp despite being highly user-dependent. The story is pretty interesting, too. I can't wait to actually fully immerse myself in the game tomorrow. If only Amazon had shipped the game on time, tsk.

Had to turn the sound off my controller, though. Those loud ringing noises when I clicked R3 bothered me.

dcelw540

Just got past becoming the seeker part, it's really good so far. Does anyone else have bugs where people disappear in the background when in dialogue? As well, when talking to someone sometimes it Changes the person for a split second instead of having a consistent dialogue discussion. Other why's love this game!!

Just got past becoming the seeker part, it's really good so far. Does anyone else have bugs where people disappear in the background when in dialogue? As well, when talking to someone sometimes it Changes the person for a split second instead of having a consistent dialogue discussion. Other why's love this game!!

Yeah, the game still has some janks here and there. It's just an unavoidable nature of open world games, I guess.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What are people doing with HUD settings? Default feels a bit noisy, especially with checklists etc on the left. But I don't want to miss important stuff

It took me ages to understand how the dpad works. I didn't press left/right for ages because it auto equipped health potion there and I thought it would trigger it..

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'm playing on Very Hard and it's not bad at all. The invincibility frames are very forgiving and the tracking on the weapons make it easy to punish after an evasive maneuver. Maybe my mind will change after encountering a Thunderjaw, Deathbringer or Stormbird. The Snapmaws, Sawtooths and Bellowbacks have been exhilarating encounters especially when encountered in pairs or triads. The most adrenaline filled fight is definitely the Stalker, if you hadn't mastered the dodge mechanic by this time, it'll make you.

My God though, if they gave you more melee weapons and a more refined melee component akin to Bloodborne, less tracking on the weapons, Horizon could've been game of the forever. Hopefully these things are implemented in a sequel.

tmac456

welp. just faced off against my first thunderjaw. they're a true bitch to take down, right? i threw everything I had at him and used a lot of resources crafting ammo. or am i just bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom