• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaine_ph

Level 17, 16% complete with the game and I've played for 10 hours.

Yesterday, I mentioned how I was loving the game already...well it got even better and I love it even more 😂

Porkepik

Just started playing, and yeah I m amazed at the graphical qualities of this title. Gameplay is great. I should go to sleep but can't put down the joypad 😂

ironcreed

Banned
Man, sometimes if you get spotted everything in the area comes down on top of you. Like 10 cultists, a Fire Bellowback and a Watcher all at once. Nuts.

Perineum

I don't know how the story will pan out in this game, but if it holds up, then this game will go down as one of the top shelf franchises. i.e stand shoulder to shoulder with Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, and Witcher for me.

This game is so well done in every facet for my game tastes that I cannot help but grin ear to ear playing it, and 5 minutes is actually 5 hours gone.

Guerrilla has outdone themselves. I hope it sells gangbusters for them.

Finished the game. 68 hours, 96% complete. This is a masterpiece. Those final missions, holy shit!!!!! The attention to the story to the very end, the way it ties to things you did, side quests you completed, fucking amazing. Aloy an instant top 10 game character of all time. I want more, I want more right now.

This is the next big franchise for Sony. PS1 had Crash, PS2 God of War, PS3 Uncharted and now PS4 has Horizon.

Alright alright!! The salt was too real 3 snapmaws and a Longleg alright fine I'm stocked, I plant some traps and tripwires first cool fights going well. Game NOPE 2 big enemies of which I haven't seen yet start throwing rocks. Dead. Lol I love this game

jmaine_ph

Finished the game. 68 hours, 96% complete. This is a masterpiece. Those final missions, holy shit!!!!! The attention to the story to the very end, the way it ties to things you did, side quests you completed, fucking amazing. Aloy an instant top 10 game character of all time. I want more, I want more right now.

This is the next big franchise for Sony. PS1 had Crash, PS2 God of War, PS3 Uncharted and now PS4 has Horizon.

giphy.gif

ironcreed

Banned
Alright alright!! The salt was too real 3 snapmaws and a Longleg alright fine I'm stocked, I plant some traps and tripwires first cool fights going well. Game NOPE 2 big enemies of which I haven't seen yet start throwing rocks. Dead. Lol I love this game

Yeah, those early in thinking the game is easy... keep playing.

rezn0r

All I want to do is play this game. But I am taking my time with it. I want to look forward to playing it when I can as opposed to making it a job to play it every night.

I have a 10 day old son so... same boat kind of :D Normally I'd be trying to put 6 hours a night into this. Loving it though.

Xeteh

Taking a break at level 11... I've been hyped for this game since the reveal and from what I've played so far it has been justified. I'm really enjoying this game and I cannot wait to see where this story goes.

Polarburr

so how are you guys approaching the outfits/gears? do you guys just buy one that suits your play style, or buy several and change depending on the situation?

witness

Had to drag myself to bed with work in the morning after a 4 hour session tonight. Level 10 now and I'm just blown away by everything so far. My wife is captivated watching this and she just adores Aloy. I'm just so impressed by every aspect.

EL CUCO

I'm still in the first area but I'm kinda confused with what I should be doing with all these resources and modifications. Selling for shards?

reKon

Banned

whew

so how are you guys approaching the outfits/gears? do you guys just buy one that suits your play style, or buy several and change depending on the situation?

I buy the resistance based outfits. Don't really care for the stealth ones as that's not my playstyle. The resistance ones I try to keep one of each just in case.

Same goes for weapons. Keeping everything but those weapons that are replaced by straight upgrades.

Can't for the life of me get a bellowback heart to drop. Been farming a spawn for about an hour now. Really want that heavy silent armor :(

I give up, this thing just won't drop. The level 13 dream is over. Had about 50 attempts on him at roughly 2 minutes per attempt including reloading.

I'm still in the first area but I'm kinda confused with what I should be doing with all these resources and modifications. Selling for shards?

It tells you in the description what you can use the resources with. Modifications for your weapon can be fitted in the crafting menu.

Plus you can sell stuff and buy it back later for the same price if needed, it's not a capitalist society.

first cauldron sigma

started out weird as fuck
then i get to the end
I was so unprepared, so very unprepared
it was a fun clusterfuck, i wasted a lot of stuff on it

at first i thought the shellwaker on it was a bit of a challenge, but then the bellowback was RELENTLESS, WOULDNT STOP ATTACKING ME

level 8 YA FUCKING RIGHT

hbkdx12

The corrupted
long legs

Are you motherfucking kidding me right now

I haven't done that yet i don't think but i just did the corrupted zone with
the 2 behemoths

I literally had to use everything in my arsenal. I'm like 20+ hrs into this game and have never once felt the need to have to use a trap but i'll be damned if i wasn't out there laying them down.

Crazy intense

gfxtwin

Damn, the larger beasts in this game are no joke, especially since they're rarely out there on their own. The ones with the giant canister of green liquid on their backs always kill me in one hit.

mike6467

I'm sure this is around somewhere, but ffs what does the "Handling" stat represent for bows and whatnot? I've Googled, checked the manual and looked around in the game.

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but my searches aren't turning anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom