• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's good! :)

source.gif

Heheh I love shooting them in the breastss!!

One thing I like so far and is that I'm actually using the resources I'm collecting. I would have thought that would annoy me but I'm enjoying that part of the game. I'm like 8hrs in so things might change

Playing on hard

vivekTO

I am really liking how they are having fun with themselves!!
Every Guerrilla staff gets the Collector edition. Mathijs is the Game director.

16ddb6b9_o.png

CHC

My two favorite games of this gen so far, this is cool of CDPR! I do see some ideas borrowed from the witcher in Horizon.

Yup it feels like this is one of the first games to really have time in the dev cycle to be meaningfully influenced by the Witcher III. Its fingerprints are all over Horizon. Not that that's bad - I love it. But I can confidently say that this game would not be the same thing it is now without Witcher III having been released to such acclaim.

Doing my second Cauldron, but the final encounter is annoying. Open ass room with no cover and a Snapmaw and roided-out Sawtooth diving at me every two seconds.

Man, last night I played for a few hours doing side quests and exploring. Such a beautiful and interesting world.

I also got my first game over last night as well, due to a stupid error in my tactic. Lol.

Freeman76

This really is a great gameworld and I dont know why but Im not connecting with it like I have other classics in the genre.

I am about 8 hours into it, about to go to Meridian, may even pause it, play Zelda, and come back to it later in the year.

Its so strange as I can see this is a fucking masterpiece, but its not gripped me like I thought it would.

This really is a great gameworld and I dont know why but Im not connecting with it like I have other classics in the genre.

I am about 8 hours into it, about to go to Meridian, may even pause it, play Zelda, and come back to it later in the year.

Its so strange as I can see this is a fucking masterpiece, but its not gripped me like I thought it would.

Sounds like you're kinda rushing if you're in Meridian after 8 hours. I've probably put in close to 20 now and I'm not even there yet.

Sooo good!

Lol yeah it's nice actually having challenging encounters for once, I need to switch up my gear tho. Tripcaster and such are all but useless in it. :p

FeD.nL

For me personally the game grabbed me completely when I arrived in Meridian. Before I was digging the world a lot but not completely invested in it, after arriving the story went into overdrive and the environments became even more amazing.

Ardenyal

Combine stealth run ability with the heavy stealth armor with 3 purple stealth coils and you can sneak past enemies very, very easily. It also makes for amazing photography tool since you can get extremely close to most machines for photo mode and they won't see you unless they're fliers or you get into their frontal vision cone.

They're OP in a fun way since you can just pick the fights you want and enjoy sightseeing when you want to do that instead.

Stealth seems to work in the way that +stealth is always on, even when walking and crouching just adds its own bonus to that. So that means in stealth armor you're somewhat stealthy even upright.

Wait stealth outfit has 3 slots? I thought the silk one was only one with three slots.

eyesradar

Just plat'ed the game. Great game. Wow what a story.

Despite the 10/10 optimization and performance, initially I don't really like it. Too ROTR/Primal/Witcher 3 I thought. Plus the story in Nora area is really weak tbh. But ever since the Faro's I can't stop but advance the story. I want to know what the hell happened so bad. In the end it is really great storytelling.

The combat system did not amaze me till I locked later weapons and ammos. Two of the collectibles (yes am talking about Vantage Points and Banuk Figures) are pure ROTR / UC style. Such a pain in the bottom.

I do think this + Nioh + Nier really packed a punch for Sony to counter Switch somehow, but I'll leave my beloved PS4 because Zelda is tomorrow!

Google

About 4 hours in and just finished the proving section and I've had some weird performance issues in the cut-scenes. Lip synching all over the place, music/sound dropping out and quite a few clipping issues.

After the first 2-3 hours of flawless production it was a bit weird especially as that section has a lot going on.

Anyone else experience this?

Torkith

About 4 hours in and just finished the proving section and I've had some weird performance issues in the cut-scenes. Lip synching all over the place, music/sound dropping out and quite a few clipping issues.

After the first 2-3 hours of flawless production it was a bit weird especially as that section has a lot going on.

Anyone else experience this?

I've noticed the lip syncing to occur occasionally, some clipping issues, but no music/sound dropping.

My only issue so far is I kind of regret buying the first set of maps. I've been enjoying exploring to find stuff and thought it might give me clues rather than just a ton of map points, and if there's a way to turn certain things off in the map, I haven't figured it out.

Tyaren

Really love this game. There's hardly anything that I don't like...but the damn pouch upgrading system. D: I am constantly over limit, foxes, boars and racoons just don't feel like dropping the items that I need to upgrade my pouches and I have no idea what I can actually sell to merchants to make valuable room and what I should keep by all means.

I don't get it either. Rather than increasing the points, it has gone down in the 88s :s

Because they added a 6.5, an 8.0 and an 8.1 too. There's another 9.0 besides the Edge one but yeah, droped quiate a few places. It needs a couple of 10s, like three... PlayStation Magazine UK and AU are the best bet haha.

Tigress

Yup it feels like this is one of the first games to really have time in the dev cycle to be meaningfully influenced by the Witcher III. Its fingerprints are all over Horizon. Not that that's bad - I love it. But I can confidently say that this game would not be the same thing it is now without Witcher III having been released to such acclaim.

Um, it probably has a lot of stuff influenced because they hired the guy that worked on Witcher's side quests ;).

Really love this game. There's hardly anything that I don't like...but the damn pouch upgrading system. D: I am constantly over limit, foxes, boars and racoons just don't feel like dropping the items that I need to upgrade my pouches and I have no idea what I can actually sell to merchants to make valuable room and what I should keep by all means.

Items list what they're used for in the inventory screen! Some are straight junk, some more are valuable parts used for trading or just selling for shards, etc.

Kin5290

OK someone pls upload a video of fighting shellwalkers. I just can't fight those properly and They cost me so much healing items.
Open with tearblast arrows from the Carja Sharpshot bow into the two "claws" and remove both. This is best done from the front and basically removes all of its ranged capability. One arrow can take out both components. Then triple shot fire arrows to set it on fire, and while it's flailing around shoot the clamp on its back to free the container. Repeat until it dies.

Seriously, unless a machine's body is specifically strong against fire, you can't go wrong with setting them on fire. On hard difficulty at least, and with small/medium sized enemies. The Snapjaw is also really easy to take out that way since the blaze canisters are on top.

Carcetti

Wait stealth outfit has 3 slots? I thought the silk one was only one with three slots.

Might just remember wrong since I have all the armors collected and can't remember which have 3 and which have 2. Doesn't really matter though, it's amazing with any slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom