• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be really late with this, has anyone seen this tweet from CDPR?

mfr2Dx.png

Cool :)

Thanks for sharing that!

Mifune

Mehmber
Last night I played for hours and didn't even tackle a main mission. I walked to the far west of the opening section, took in the sights, and scored a really powerful mod for my troubles (strongest one I have, in fact).

The hunter trials gives you a shit ton of exp should have done them early on.

Yup and a free skill point for getting a burning sun. Though if you do the trials from the lowest reward to the highest you will get more exp since the burning sun does not include the extra stuff from the lower ones from what I've seen.

aristotle

Really love this game. There's hardly anything that I don't like...but the damn pouch upgrading system. D: I am constantly over limit, foxes, boars and racoons just don't feel like dropping the items that I need to upgrade my pouches and I have no idea what I can actually sell to merchants to make valuable room and what I should keep by all means.

I've found that animals stop dropping stuff more often when you progress a bit farther. I had that same issue at the beginning and I'm only about 15% through and have almost everything upgraded now.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Well I just found something that's jarring with explosions
Fire explosions from fire arrows to blaze cans are camera facing sprites. Viewable from photomode when there's an explosion

-_-

mileS

Probably already posted but seeing as how this thread moves fast.

You can put your weapon away instantly by hitting L1 + press right stick.

CHC

Word of warning: be careful mindlessly upgrading your carrying capacities.... shit can eat up HUNDREDS of wood pieces and shards. Like, really quickly.....

xviper

how can i be able to control Ravagers ? there is a hunting trial that requires me to be able to control ravagers

Damn straight. Two of the best games I have ever played... period.

Yeah both of these games are remarkable, in my opinion.

And to think that I haven't even completed half of Horizon yet.

Because they added a 6.5, an 8.0 and an 8.1 too. There's another 9.0 besides the Edge one but yeah, droped quiate a few places. It needs a couple of 10s, like three... PlayStation Magazine UK and AU are the best bet haha.

I see. Thanks for clarifying my confusion.

That's pretty cool of them.

Yep

Brilliant!

Thanks for sharing that!

You're welcome :)

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing :)

I'm still not at the city that starts with a M. I did 3 cauldron and I'm about to go after my 3rd tall neck. After that I think I will clean up the map a bit of collectibles and then go to that quest that takes me to the city.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Is anyone still waiting for their Amazon order? Mine says it's going to be shipped out tomorrow for some stupid reason.

Last time I preorder anything from Amazon.

CHC

There's something about this game world that feels almost Morrowind-y....? I mean it's not quite as detailed as Vvardenfell politically or anything, but there's a lot of pre-medieval, Bronze Age influence in the culture and aesthetics that is pretty cool.

Carcetti

There's something about this game world that feels almost Morrowind-y....? I mean it's not quite as detailed as Vvardenfell politically or anything, but there's a lot of pre-medieval, Bronze Age influence in the culture and aesthetics that is pretty cool.

I think it's the combo of being consistent in lore, having unique aesthetics and style and simply being interesting. You don't see that trio too many times in open world games.

Level 15, currently on the way to
Meridian
, haven't found any cauldrons yet, should I worry? How do you even come across one? Just randomly exploring?

Meridian
, haven't found any cauldrons yet, should I worry? How do you even come across one? Just randomly exploring?

Yes randomly exploring that are shaped like blue mountain icons on the map. The first one I went to a random NPC talked to me and it popped up as my activated quest.

xviper

i'm just 1 bright sun from completing all the hunting trials missions

i just need to know how to be able to control ravagers ? or how\when do i get to upgrade my controlling thing

Tyaren

Meridian

I think it was in the village Mother's Crown that a woman told me about the first cauldron. She told me to actually not go there. XD
Maybe go back to that village and talk to everyone, especially if it's a woman. The cauldron will then be marked on your map.

I'm a bit surprised that cauldrons are actually just side quests.

WarrenD

Are any of the trophies locked behind the difficulty settings? I'm tempted to jump into very hard when I start this after downloading but I think hard will be ok as long as nothing is missable.

CHC

I really like all the characters. The moment-to-moment dialogue isn't award winning or anything but it's nice that they don't try too hard and, in the process, lose the characterization. Everyone has a nicely defined personality and there is just a certain charm to the cast.

sora87

I'm guessing you don't want to sell anything that says can be traded on?
Also is there any way to compare you equipped weapons/outfits with ones available to buy?

Wagram

I'm guessing you don't want to sell anything that says can be traded on?
Also is there any way to compare you equipped weapons/outfits with ones available to buy?

I would keep one stack of items that can be traded in as a safety net. If you have extras I would sell them off.

J-Skee

I have now learned my lesson & will not rush for anything. I rushed straight to the first Cauldron without even realizing that someone gives you a quest for it, which is also extra XP. I will be better prepared when I tackle it again.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

You have no idea what this means to me....love it!

In other news, does the 'highlight path' functionality kind of not work all the time for anyone else? aka the one that highlights robot dinos paths/patrols.

Badgerst3

I'm strolling through the woods

Roll up on a patrol

MOTHERFUCKING 4 Sawtooths!
All just circling and covering each others backs

I target all 4, see their routes
Pick one that goes a little off to the side by himself

My new Pet RoboKitty, I unleash
I watch as it takes on all 3, massacres them
Has half health left!
Just as it finishes, it rolls into another patrol of 4 Scavengers and 3 Watchers
It takes out all Scavengers and 2 Watchers before dying an honorable death to a Watcher who backstab plunged it

I then pulled out arrow and pew pew'd it right in its eye for killing my Kitty

So much loot around me, took like 3+ minutes collecting and backtracking to all the ribos laid waste

My goodness this game is awesome!

Also I can Override the Broadheads as my Helper to take me places
I got off one and Watchers were around the corner, MY FUCKING GOODNESS, my Broadheas just wrecked shop

There better than Striders, only thing that fucks them up real bad real quick are Firebellows, yeesh, 3 hits and they gone

What is this PetRobokitty you speak of and how do I get one?

Must know! Just getting to Proving btw.

Okay I think I'm about to bounce out of this thread now - too many GIFs of things I'd rather run into myself. Getting dangerously close to accidentally spoiling myself on things.

So for you guys who's been playing this, how do you guys rate this game so far??

Easily a 9 but it's been my favourite open world game this gen so far so I don't know. The Witcher III is a 9 for me. Others that I really liked were Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid V but all three games had some features that frustrated me a lot. Horizon so far has anything that I dislike with a passion (combat and some tedious missions in Witcher, Tank Mobile in Batman, Story and Chapter 2 repetitive missions in MGS V).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom