• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also seen foxes, raccoons, Canada geese, and fish.

Could anyone please take some pics of the animals you mentioned? It is kinda unique and rare to seem animals in a world where fauna is supposed to be extinct or non existent (similar to seeing real animals in Pokemon world (like real fishes)).

RiverKwai

Should I be conserving shards, or can I always go farm more? I realized I'm blowing through money like in Yakuza 0, and maybe that's not such a great idea?

It is a pain to find raccoon's skin or fish's bones.

I need a sawtooth heart. But i can't see sawtooths on my map. Can someone please tell me where to find one.

When you are at the merchant you can make looking for the parts an errand by pressing square I believe. If you do that then it should be highlighted on your map when you make it your active quest.

BeeDog

My biggest pet peeves so far:

- No way to compare gear in the menu. I think this is the biggest issue so far.
- No map/stat legends. Not a big deal since it's easy to discern what the icons are for, but still.
- Minor graphical glitches like the aforementioned physics spazzing each time the camera readjusts and lack of water effects.
- Minor quest oversight (early-ish spoilers):
After waking up in the mountain after the attack, you can enter a vent and find a power cell. If you actually read the quest log for the quest that gets activated, it pre-emptively spoils the robo-armor you can unlock with power cells.
Not a big deal, but still stupid.

JJShadow

I'm fucking impressed by the amount of side-dialogues there are in this game, you can talk with every NPC about 5 or 6 optional topics and most of them include really interesting and useful information about the world, lore and characters. Some Witcher 3 levels of excellence over here

Could anyone please take some pics of the animals you mentioned? It is kinda unique and rare to seem animals in a world where fauna is supposed to be extinct or non existent (similar to seeing real animals in Pokemon world (like real fishes)).

Who said fauna was supposed to be extinct?

And so far I've seen

Turkeys, Geese, Other unnamed birds, Boars, Rabbits, Foxes, Rats, Fish, Racoons. Most in plentiful supply depending on location.

Man this game. I played 2 hours I think. And all I'm doing is taking photos lol. I really need to get gud with combat and do all the cool stuff people do in videos.

The story really drives the game. I love the whole setting. Really want to learn about the earpiece Aloy wears.

TsuWave

not even past tutorial and i'm already loving this.

shame i got spoiled pretty hard in the "are we witnessing the birth of a main female Sony character (Aloy)?" thread. but oh well

hbkdx12

Is there any reason to use harvest arrows rather than tear arrows other than tear arrows having a bit of AOE? It just seems redundant to me

jfrBjlw.gif

MaKTaiL

Is there any reason to use harvest arrows rather than tear arrows other than tear arrows having a bit of AOE? It just seems redundant to me
Harvest arrows will drop more resources off the enemy you are shooting. The canisters for instance. If you take one cannisters out of a scrapper you get 1 cannister as loot. If you shoot it with the harvest arrow you will get 6 instead out of a single cannister drop.

CHC

Goddammit I spent the whole day playing this game. I even cut class for no other good reason at all. Not OK... haha

Is there any real secrets to be found that aren't points of interest on the map? I don't want any spoilers, a yes or know works just fine, but it seems that any place that's important is just on the map. Including metal age stuff.

I also bought on a whim the maps to see what they would do, thinking it would lead to maybe 1 item each because they were so cheap, that I didn't know it would reveal all of them. Unfortunately you can't drop or destroy them, so now my map is filled with icons.

Basically in hoping that there is more adventuring to be found organically than just going to points on the map.

This game is huge..I'm still early and put around 10 hours into it. The trials are kinda hard and it's got me not wanting to leave the area until I beat them all.

This has to be a benchmark in game graphics, nothing compares. I hope they let 3rd parties use the decima engine for exclusives, man. I would love to see a new final fantasy using it, for example.

How do you convert your photos into 4K?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

When you are at the merchant you can make looking for the parts an errand by pressing square I believe. If you do that then it should be highlighted on your map when you make it your active quest.
U r awesome. Thanks man

Nesotenso

it really is

hbkdx12

Harvest arrows will drop more resources off the enemy you are shooting. The canisters for instance. If you take one cannisters out of a scrapper you get 1 cannister as loot. If you shoot it with the harvest arrow you will get 6 instead out of a single cannister drop.
Ah ok sweet thanks

Seriously. Raccoon's bone does not drop at all for me. I even managed to get a couple of fish bones but not a single raccoon dropped its bone.

I'm not sure if it's some film grain or the fact that it's a bit darker, but this one looks very realistic. Almost like it's out of a CG movie. Like it a lot.

There's definitely some slight touches done by Suhni.

You don't think Horizon will stay in front with the massive PS4 install base, and Nintendo's inability to get hardware to market? (Just curious, no shade)
I just say that because Zelda was ahead of Horizon all the way up to when its stock depleted. I imagine Nintendo will eventually get the stock situation sorted. :p

I imagine both will have great legs.
To be fair, Horizon is currently out of stock, as well.
That just happened though. Zelda has been out for much longer.

Stuart444

If you die and are sent back to your last save point, is any information saved?

I'm asking because I was under the impression that it was like a reload where you lose all progress however after dying to a
fire bellowback
I was sent back to a save point however the tutorial: sling which I completed against it remained completed.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Just did the first cauldron, so awesome

Question now: Do I pick an outfit for perks or do I pick what looks cool? The stealth outfit seems like the most useful for my playstyle but the rare ice one looks really cool (even if I haven't even experienced freeze damage yet)
You can use the outfits as an additional difficulty modifier. If you think the game is too easy, then just use the one that is most visually appealing.

If you think it's too hard then I think those DLC ones are very strong.

Ricker

Just did my first bandit camp...this game is so much a mix of Far Cry Primal,Witcher and the Tomb Raider reboot,its not funny but I love it...and again those graphics are incredible.

If you die and are sent back to your last save point, is any information saved?

I'm asking because I was under the impression that it was like a reload where you lose all progress however after dying to a
fire bellowback
I was sent back to a save point however the tutorial: sling which I completed against it remained completed.

Yeah it saves it.

Wow.... The difficulty just escalated way to quickly.

I found some new big dudes with horns and said.... OK let's do this, fighting against 3 of them, suddenly 5 bird guys came and fucked me...

And I'm not mad at all. But I'm pretty sure I could kill them if the sandstorm wasn't so strong. Missed a lot of shots.

This game is so good.

Papacheeks

Banned
Am I the only one after putting a good 10 hours into it feels this game should be higher on metacritic?

I mean the presentation alone is amazing. The only pet peeves so far I'v had has been the way tutorials are presented and the menu is really convoluted.

Like there's a lot.

But me coming from playing the witcher I'm use to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom