• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBlack

So I just got to
deep secrets of the earth
and Sylens just gave me the whole no turning back speech. Is this the end?

Lime

Oh my god, I just overrode (sp?) a sabertooth in the city ruins to the east and it started fighting another sabertooth right in front of me while I was hiding in the grass. This huge battle between these huge colossi. Seriously awe-inspiring experience.

RiverKwai

There are different bow classes. Hunter Bow, War Bow, Sharpshooter Bow etc.

Additionally: The Tripcaster and Ropecaster are different. I didn't realize this at first, I thought it was a later unlock.

There's different tripcaster traps for the different kinds of tripcaster too.

hbkdx12

This game needs a "quality of life" patch badly

The fact that you can only buy 1 item at a time in the shop is insane. Even more so given that you have to hold down x for a few seconds to confirm the purchase. So if you want like 20 of an item you have to hold X for 2 seconds, let go and then rinse and repeat 20 more times.

Lime

Is this like an arpg?

I'm getting some dragons dogma vibes here.

I'd call this a tactical stealth action rpg with jaw-dropping visuals and quality characters. I wouldn't say there are as many different classes as DDDA, but there is certainly a larger variation in the game systems that allow you to go from one genre to another. It's really engaging and absolutely an enjoyable experience.

Spoo

Just hit level 41. Probably, *probably* need to go back to the story at this point (I think my highest level quest is 20).

Took me so long to get into this game; I really wasn't feeling the combat until about 10 or 15 hours in, but now I'm really enjoying it. Game is great, a good challenge, and very expansive.

KodaRuss

The fact that you can only buy 1 item at a time in the shop is insane. Even more so given that you have to hold down x for a few seconds to confirm the purchase. So if you want like 20 of an item you have to hold X for 2 seconds, let go and then rinse and repeat 20 more times.

I hate this new thing in games where you have to hold down the button to confirm things. I blame Destiny for it.

Tomb Raider RoTR was like nails on a chalkboard with it.

At least in Horizon you dont have to hold down the button to pick up most resources in the game.

Waterdrop

Without buying this game yet, and knowing nothing about it basically

Should I get this game?, is it any good?, what is it like? what games are similar?

ty (No spoilers)!

In the crafting menu, select a thing you want to craft, but don't have the materials for and there will be a prompt at the bottom to create job. I think it's square.

wat?

giphy.gif

life is saved!

G-Bus

Banned

Maybe I'm mistaken but can't you hit square and select how many you want to purchase or maybe that only works when selling stuff.

I agree with some of it tho. Could be done a bit better. Really don't care for this "hold x" thing that's happening with some games now.

You can keep coming back to it after a few story missions and she will continue to tell the story of her journey to him. It's pretty fantastic.

OMG. wish I knew. Getting goosebumps reading this. This is so fucking awesome.

wat?

giphy.gif

life is saved!

you didnt know? This is one of the features Guerilla talked about for Horizon and one of the best additions to the open world game. Need X? Go here. So you're not going like wtf am I meant to do??!

Skeletron

I'm at the point where I can't decide whether to invest skill points in longer concentration, double and triple arrows, the silent running tree, or the other strike takedowns.

hbkdx12

Maybe I'm mistaken but can't you hit square and select how many you want to purchase or maybe that only works when selling stuff.

I agree with some of it tho. Could be done a bit better. Really don't care for this "hold x" thing that's happening with some games now.

It's only for selling unfortunately

hbkdx12

I'm at the point where I can't decide whether to invest skill points in longer concentration, double and triple arrows, the silent running tree, or the other strike takedowns.

The way you have it listed here is how i would recommend getting them. I'm level 38 and i've barely touched the prowler tree at all although i do have quiet sprint. I've yet to be in a position where i needed to take someone down from above or below. I have forager maxed out and the first two columns of brave purchased.

J-Skee

In the crafting menu, select a thing you want to craft, but don't have the materials for and there will be a prompt at the bottom to create job. I think it's square.

I was expecting to give me a waypoint to the items I need though. Can't seem to find any fish right now.

hbkdx12

Number 1 request for me would be the ability to buy a medicine pouch refill from vendors.
I was thinking this too but i almost feel like it would be too redundant given that you have 3 types of health potions at your disposable that you can buy whenever you want

I was expecting to give me a waypoint to the items I need though. Can't seem to find any fish right now.
It doesn't seem to give you a waypoint for live animals. Only for when you need machine parts.

nOoblet16

The end game armour is basically nano suit from Crysis. So good !

But it also makes me feel a bit disappointed in that the armour options available to you during the game are pretty shit both visually and functionally. They could have done it so much better with additional abilities that make visible difference and also more visual variety to showcase these functionalities. There's also the fact that there is no visual difference between light/medium/heavy armour of the same type. So say Nora armour light looks exactly the same as Nora armour heavy.

Wollan

I am surprised by how capable jumps Aloy has. I have been able to climb some pretty dramatic cliffs I feel like. Similarly fall damage is very forgiving.
Will be fun to see what explorer videos people come up with.

black070

Encountered my first Thunderjaw (well third, but the first I actually approached i.e. didn't run away from) and after a good 10-15 minutes of pure carnage, it got the better of me with a cleverly timed tail spin, it was exhilarating. The combat gives me a level of satisfaction I've only ever felt with one other game before it, Bloodborne.

MaKTaiL

The end game armour is basically nano suit from Crysis. So good !

But it also makes me feel a bit disappointed in that the armour options available to you during the game are pretty shit and they could have done it so much better with additional abilities that make visible difference. There's also the fact that there is no visual difference between light/medium/heavy armour of the same type. So say Nora armour light looks exactly the same as Nora armour heavy.
This is not the spoiler thread. Please spoiler tag you post.

Yeah, that and I need a patch that stop the game from switching the pov randomly. It's driving me crazy, really.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I find a nice farming place

At least 30+ Robots within a 10 mile radius (5-10 minute trek)

Near Banuk Encampment, further down below from Sanctuary, look left side of map, its dead end area with lakes. It has Glinthawks and Lancerhorns.

Lancerhorns give you 525 per +40/for sneak kill, so 565xp
Flints give you roughly +1000xp per kill, I sneak attack tgem , hopefully a crit, then mask Heavy Lance attack and lower their health to minuscule and fire arrow them to death

There's roughly 20+ Lancers, 5-9 Glints, 4+ Watchers, 4+ Scrappers

In say 15 minute of running around I made 40,000xp
Not bad if you need a few levels to buff up

Also I get sidetracked to much in this fucking game!
From Hunting Grounds, chasing wildlife, foraging, side quests longer than main quests (lol)

I'm already Fucking level 30 with 15,000 Metal Shards and I'm up to reaching
Day tower
main quest lol

To much fun farming and killing...

nOoblet16

Oh my god, I just overrode (sp?) a sabertooth in the city ruins to the east and it started fighting another sabertooth right in front of me while I was hiding in the grass. This huge battle between these huge colossi. Seriously awe-inspiring experience.

Override 2 Thunderjaws at once and laugh while they kill the puny machines.
It's unfortunate though that the overridden robots won't follow you even for a bit meaning you can have one overridden and still have it be of no use since the robot is 100m away from the "area" of the other robots that you might want help with.

MaKTaiL

Yeah I could've done without reading that. Oh well, my fault for coming in here
I got spoiled too. I knew the armor was going to be special but I didn't want to know details about it. The game reference he made pretty much spoils everything for me because I've played that game a lot.

black070

Oh man, I luckily missed that spoiler but I'm starting to think I should avoid this thread until I finish the game, just to be on the safe side.

Override 2 Thunderjaws at once and laugh while they kill the puny machines.
It's unfortunate though that the overridden robots won't follow you even for a bit meaning you can have one overridden and still have it be of no use since the robot is 100m away from the "area" of the other robots that you might want help with.
Works best with mounts because you can override the first to make it main one, get off, summon it, and then get on the second, and the first will still follow you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom