• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbkdx12

Can you describe the symbol for me? I think I'm going to try to buy a bow that's specifically for corruption and see if it works and then restart from my same to see if that's the issue.

The purple shadow war bow uses them. You should be able tot get it from any vendor that sells other purple weaponry.

Turbo91GT

I wasn't that interested in this game. I figured I might buy it when it was on sale in the future. After seeing all the positive reviews and screen shots, I couldn't resist and I bought it last night. I'm a few hours in now, and this game is awesome. No ragrets!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is there a way to make the quest marker just...stay in one spot and not try to direct your every turn? If I have one complaint about the game, it's the marker.
Check the settings, disable waypoint quests I guess. I never had that happen, so it's definitely an option.

hydruxo

Is there any trick to getting some enemies to drop a heart? I need a Snapmaw heart but I've killed 10 or more and I can't seem to get one. Is it just luck or is there a way to increase your chances?

If you need it to buy an item at a merchant, try creating a job (basically a custom quest for that item) while hovering over the item in the merchant's menu. I can't say for sure if the chances are higher of getting it to drop but it seemed to work for me most of the time.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This game. Holy shit. Only just at the ritual game thing at the start and I'm 10 hours in. So fucking addictive and satisfying.

Tubie

They usually announce when they hit a million...I think it'll easily hit that worldwide, so maybe they will wait and do the bigger tally after the initial shipment. Amazon points to it being a big seller, have to take with a small grain of salt though as it doesn't represent a huge gaming market sample size, it's just pretty good at predicting.

Also Nier 2 did almost a 200K in Japan opening week.

lvBKshJ.png

I think it's a safe guess that it has sold over a million (world wide) already.

It has also been #1 in the Amazon hourly charts since the reviews came out almost a week and a half ago.

Just about five hours in, but the atmosphere and the setting is stunning. I see some similarities in atmosphere compared to Hyper Light Drifter. 💖💚💛

silva1991

If you need it to buy an item at a merchant, try creating a job (basically a custom quest for that item) while hovering over the item in the merchant's menu. I can't say for sure if the chances are higher of getting it to drop but it seemed to work for me most of the time.

I can't believe I forgot about those even though I was anticipating them since this thread was made

VanWinkle

After playing a few hours of BOTW, I just love how this game FEELS in comparison. The way you run, the way you move, the way you aim and shoot, etc. It just feels so much better to move around the world. I'd love to see a climb-anything system in Horizon 2 like BOTW has, though.

The game undoubtedly has some areas where it can improve (human AI most of all) or at least become better, but man did Guerrilla nail a lot of stuff.

I like how different the two games are, though. Very different approaches to open world game design. One has a strong narrative with a fairly structured world and quest line (though still encourage exploration and doing your own thing), and one is a massive sandbox with a light narrative and a desire to do whatever you want whenever you want wherever you want. I personally like more structure in my open world games but that's just what I'm used to. I am pretty sure that once I get the hang of BOTW I'll love that one too.

Man, on very hard, every encounter is intense and makes you work for it. No complaints though, I feel that the difficulty mode is very fair.

nOoblet16

I can't believe I forgot about those even though I was anticipating them since this thread was made

Job creation doesn't affect drop rates...It just gives you a visible list of what you have and what you need. And if it's a robot part then it'll mark the robot location on map...won't do it for animals though.

I'm not sure where people got it or why they are thinking job creation increases drop rate when there is a specific mechanic in place in this game for this very thing i.e. using Harvest arrows to kill.

hbkdx12

Is there any trick to getting some enemies to drop a heart? I need a Snapmaw heart but I've killed 10 or more and I can't seem to get one. Is it just luck or is there a way to increase your chances?

easier way to get resources (spoiler)

Once you reach meridian, you can just buy them from the merchant

Alexious

I'm one of those people who unfortunately is stuck with an HDMI 1.4 4K display (monitor), so PS4 Pro doesn't allow anything over 1080P.

Should I use graphics or performance option for Horizon?

Elixist

this game is fantastic. can you imagine a horizon on ps5 with lots more physics and shit (tons more destruction etc) hnnngggg.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Man I just killed a bunch of Grazers and collected so much fire canisters from them. Then I ran out of the area and they restarted me so far and I lost all of them. That fucking sucks.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I have the largest resources capacity rank, but I'm struggling to not run out of room. Anyone else have this problem? I tried crafting a bunch of potions and traps, too.

GeoramA

This game. Best visuals and story I've ever experienced in an open-world game. Guerrilla really nailed everything they set out to do here.

I have the largest resources capacity rank, but I'm struggling to not run out of room. Anyone else have this problem? I tried crafting a bunch of potions and traps, too.

I pretty much offload everything that isn't a crafting resource to merchants and call it a day, and that keeps my inventory in check.

Go through your resources and sell the ones that say their only use it to be sold to merchants. It tells you which ones have other uses like trading or crafting.

I find myself running out of space too tho because I pick up everything in sight.

hydruxo

Do you have a bunch of ancient relics and stuff not used for crafting you can sell? I had the same problem last night so I went and sold a bunch of those

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I pretty much offload everything that isn't a crafting resource to merchants and call it a day, and that keeps my inventory in check.

Go through your resources and sell the ones that say their only use it to be sold to merchants. It tells you which ones have other uses like trading or crafting.

I find myself running out of space too tho because I pick up everything in sight.

Do you have a bunch of ancient relics and stuff not used for crafting you can sell? I had the same problem last night so I went and sold a bunch of those

I sell the stuff that is only worth shards anytime I come across a merchant. I'm still running out of room, haha.

Kin5290

I've just
killed the assassins with Sona
. After that I found two Saw-tooth on my way to the next objective and I noticed that Aloy is weak as fuck. I explode its weak spot and then what? How do I kill those things?
Kill them with fire. 2-3 fire arrows should be enough.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Hmm. I'm looking at my mods now. The only thing i can come up with is if the mod has more than 1 ability to it then whatever ability has a higher percentage that's the dominant one thus if it's not something that can apply to the weapon then you can't equip it even if the other ability is something that would work with it.

That may be why the uncommon mod worked that has 6% dmg and corruption. I have a uncommon corruption mod that's 8% corruption and 6% tear and i can't put it on anything even though tear works with just about everything. That's my assumption but im kind of just grasping at straws to be honest

Think we have a winner here. Just found a 41% very rare fire coil mod and I'm able to equip it so I'm guessing your theory is correct.

B.O.O.M

One thing that is also fun is to go back to NPCs. Sometimes they will actually respond to another quest being completed or even an NPC that gave you a quest but ended somewhere else, you can still go back to them and they will usually have some new stuff to say.

well great! I will never finish this fking main quest :p hahaha

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Job creation doesn't affect drop rates...It just gives you a visible list of what you have and what you need. And if it's a robot part then it'll mark the robot location on map...won't do it for animals though.

I'm not sure where people got it or why they are thinking job creation increases drop rate when there is a specific mechanic in place in this game for this very thing i.e. using Harvest arrows to kill.
Probably because it's your words against what we did?

I mean why would I believe your forum post over my own playing where I spend 10 minutes killing Lancehorns for a Heart and only getting Lenses with the Harvest arrows which are a pain in the ass to do damage with and then activating the quest that includes Heart and the first kill drops it.

You can repeat your posts a hundred times more, it doesn't change what others experience.

Okay I'm really led to believe you turn a crafting material into a job the animal will always drop what you need.

Also harvesting arrows do not work on wildlife.

Majmun

Game is currently 53euro in MediaMarkt. Going to buy it tomorrow.

I still have to finish Yakuza 0 and RE7 tho, really ejoying those. And Nier Automata is releasing next week.

Oh well...

Putty

Astonishing...simply astonishing what i'm seeing with this...Nothing i've ever seen matches this....A marvel of videogame technology...

dmix90

This game is just fantastic. Playing on Very Hard with disabled HUD(except quest waypoint). Love the difficulty and balance, really gives you motivation to upgrade shit and use every tool available to you. Stealth is a bit OP but let's you feel like a badass for a change, so no complaints :p
Even hunting animals for materials is satisfying. I swear i am playing since release day but only finished a couple story missions. Is there any way to check total playtime?

MaKTaiL

Just when I thought there was nothing harder than a Thunderjaw fight the game surprises me again with a fucking
Rockbreaker
. Jesus! I was definitely not expecting this type of enemy. I almost died, use all my potions, but killing it was SO satisfying. This game continues to impress me.

After 20ish hours on very hard, I'm bumping the difficulty down to normal for bandit camps.

I hate how tanky the humans are and how headshots with the normal bow aren't an instant kill. The robot fights have been a lot of fun and a good challenge but I feel I should be rewarded for a clean shot to the head on bandits. I'll probably switch between difficulties depending on the activity from now on.

SerTapTap

Protip: if you want a clean UI, set up custom hud stuff, turn off anything that won't get you killed (keep the HP bar for example), and just touch (don't press) the touchpad to see the UI when you need it. So nice to not have that ugly compass.

That, and the fact that there are stealth kills (but it's a skill!) are the two things I wish I knew right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom