• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hate when the camera moves up close to Aloy in towns, so fucking frustrating, what's the point of that. I feel like I'm forced to not be able to see the stuff around me as well. Camera options please GG?

And the making you stop to pick up twigs and flowers, just let me keep moving, like in MGSV. Don't stop the flow of movement just to pick up items. Also make a quick pick up from downed enemies would be nice too.

And please don't make me force walk when using the purple scope thing to search stuff. There's really no need for it.

Everything else I'm loving though.

nOoblet16

The quest never "completes", it's not a bug just a wierd design decision. The guy you have to talk to is located in Meridian which is very far away from where you are right now.
You mean hunting grounds ?
It's one of the last quests you'll be finishing.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
This is the most fun I've had with a game since I started up Witcher 3. Really feels like I want to do and explore everything, and I'm just getting started. Just got out of Mother's Embrace.
Love it so far!

God I hate when the camera moves up close to Aloy in towns, so fucking frustrating, what's the point of that. I feel like I'm forced to not be able to see the stuff around me as well. Camera options please GG?

And the making you stop to pick up twigs and flowers, just let me keep moving, like in MGSV. Don't stop the flow of movement just to pick up items. Also make a quick pick up from downed enemies would be nice too.

And please don't make me force walk when using the purple scope thing to search stuff. There's really no need for it.

Yeh the having to stop to pick up flowers and stuff can be annoying...it makes me not want to stop and just keep running lol, it feels like a chore. Wish Aloy would pick it up automatically as you walk over it

I had a glitch in a side quest where you shoot bandits
with a special weapon

One of the bandits got 'pulled' inside the ground and I couldn't kill him. Good thing is that the game autosaves often.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've played a bunch of open world titles and Horizon feels fresh as hell. There's a sense of danger in most encounters that I simply haven't felt in most RPGs.
That's how I feel for the same reason.

If the combat in AC was as good as Horizon I would still buy them yearly.

AngryMoth

Reached daytower now just before logging off for tonight. Excited for what seems to be a new type of environment next. Was really surprised my playtime is already 12 hours, hasn't felt like that long at all.

Still really loving the story and the world. A bit slower going now than the frantic first few hours but that's kind of my fault for doing every side quest I come upon.

in regards to the trophy for all allies.

I am at the end here with the final quest active. I have another main quest called The Sun Shall Fall.
Do I need to do this before finishing the game?

ValfarHL

That's how I feel for the same reason.

If the combat in AC was as good as Horizon I would still buy them yearly.

Hell Yes! I am avoiding robots like the plague - not because I'm sick of the combat, but because they're actually kinda nerve wrecking.

I love it!

Loving the game overall but there are a few things I really dislike, this is one of them. So annoying.

Silvard

Is
Nil
supposed to show up at all Bandit Camps? I kinda don't want to do a bandit camp unless I can get a quest from
him
, but I've been to a couple where
he's
nowhere to be found.

lcap

Is the Carja Storm ranger outfit overpowered or something? Took down a Thunderjaw at lvl 21 without even healing.

ActWan

I'm just past the beginning (lvl 11) and stealth is so OP lol.
The human encounters kinda suck, but other than that I'm having an absolute blast, what a good game.

G-Bus

Banned
Probably should have figured it would be tough with 3 stalkers on the outside, but the Zeta cauldron is hard. Might have to load a save and come back another time.

Elitist1945

I feel like I'm just accidentally speedrunning this game. I mean, I'm not really doing any sidequests at all, but I still feel like I'm progressing a little too fast with the main quests.

I've just got to the part where
I help save Mother's Cradle (or whatever its called) and I finally get into the vault where I learn I have to go and destroy Hades.

Anyone who's finished able to tell me how far from the end I am?

Cauldron Sigma was... underwhelming. I mean it was fine visually, but there wasn't much to it. Just
watchers, a fire bellowback and a shell walker. I was also expecting that there was going to be some cool lore there, but there wasn't unless I missed it.
Probably just misguided expectations on my part on what these cauldrons actually are.

I encountered my first Snapmaw and they weren't nearly as threatening as I thought they'd be. They melt like butter to fire. Then I engaged 3 Snapmaws at the same time and won with ease. I don't think I'm a great player yet by any means either so it was kind of shocking.

Also, I have to say that although the combat is quite good in this game for the most part(well besides the human combat), some of the melee hitboxes are just silly.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't get the trophy for 30 headshots on human enemies. Is it glitched for anyone else?
The stat page only shows head shots not head shot kills. So you have no way of knowing what percent of those head shots were kills. You should still get in fairly early though. Only took me longer cuz I use stealth strike more for bandit camps.

Dre3001

How heavy is the stealth in this game?

I really dont mind a few sections here and there but I dont really like dealing with it for a long period of time in games. Can you bypass using stealth the majority of the time?

MistBreeze

How much the game needs to reach 89 meta score?

Last time I heard it is realy close , but now I dont know if it is far or close?

Yoooo fuck Fire Kiln Root.... such a fakeout medicinal herb.... fall for it every time!

Yeah that always gets me too haha

I found that annoying as well. Kinda used to it by now, but still wish it wasn't like that

Something I really love is how Aloy acts after sprinting. Sometimes she'll pant, or put her hand over her chest or the side of her stomach, bend forward and put her hands on her knees. Nice little details.

I really dont mind a few sections here and there but I dont really like dealing with it for a long period of time in games. Can you bypass using stealth the majority of the time?

Aside from the opening, stealth has not been required for me since. It's entirely optional.

SerTapTap

I turned everything off and the in viewable area Yellow quest markers still show. I really wish I could deactivate those and herb/flower/resource icons.

You want Waypoint/quest Pathfinding, it's not with the other settings (it's under General).

Unfortunately, touching the touchpad doesn't display the waypoint if you turn it off, you have to use the map/compass if you want that off

Stealth adds a lot to the game and it's done pretty well (it's very easy), but it's never actually required outside of the tutorial. I'd recommend trying it though, stealth kills are fun

Dre3001

Aside from the opening, stealth has not been required for me since. It's entirely optional.

You want Waypoint/quest Pathfinding, it's not with the other settings (it's under General).

Unfortunately, touching the touchpad doesn't display the waypoint if you turn it off, you have to use the map/compass if you want that off

Stealth adds a lot to the game and it's done pretty well (it's very easy), but it's never actually required outside of the tutorial. I'd recommend trying it though, stealth kills are fun

Thanks for the responses.

Might have to grab it now

SerTapTap

Oh oh, someone asked about farming medicinal plants, I found a TON of them just past the bridge east of "Royal Maizelands" (
in the huge red Carja city
), the meadow is full of them, and animals for health potions.

Don't you think that the night/day cycle is too short and it rains too often?

I don't mind how often it rains as I love rain especially in games, but yeah the cycles are a bit too brief. More importantly the actual transition is near instant.

Wootball

Someone mentioned being overwhelmed by the amount of side quests they received in
Meridian
. Is it just me or were there only like 4?

Skeletron

Quest Pathfinding only changes the way the floating quest marker behaves (whether it latches to the nearest road or not). To actually remove the quest marker you need to go into your Quests menu, find your active quest, and deactivate it. It will come back whenever you get a new quest though. It's kind of a pain in the butt.

Kalentan

Black Hawk Down.

33235544225_75ba48c524_o.png

Dubz

SP GOTG as far as I'm concerned. Top level production values with amazing gameplay. There's not a lot I can complain about in this game. I guess I wish I could compare weapons with what I have equipped before buying, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom