• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the giant
bunker
cave, protected by a Stormbird on the top northen point of the map but I cant seem to climb inside... I miss a couple of meter to climb vertically... is this story related and I'll have to come back and do I miss something ?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Been farming thunderjaws for purple mods and had to stop because I ran out of wires for the ropecaster.

:|

3 ways to farm them

Learn Override for them, go to double location of Thunderjaws and Grazers with a Metal Bloom Flower around them
Hack one, enjoy the battle
Kill the second one due to low health by aggroing it
Never Waste wire and Rope ammo again

If you don't have Override, go to location on Canyon with save nearby
YouTube has video
You can farm him for fucking ever, never waste Rope ammo and Wires ever again

Go to last Hunting Grounds that has Ravagers, Watchers and Thunderjaw
Again if you have Override for Ravagers and Watchers, Let them fight
Save Ammo and Wires again!

Also using their Disc Cannons against them feels so good

TearBlast + Freeze + Fast moving Carrying Heavy Weapons
Thunderjaw dropped in less than 2.5 minutes
I shred all components and armor
It's a shell of its former self
Only move it can do is lunge, tail swipe, and 5 gold loser beam in cone direction going bottom to top

Polarburr

Been using the Hunter Bow, Sharpshot Bow, Tripcaster and Ropecaster since the beginning.

Anyone on the same boat as me? Haha. And how's that one weapon that fires fast but low accuracy?

Especially if your a resource hog like me and can create 30 arrows to hold in your bag and +120 as Reserve to craft at whims touch lol
I don't know what pouches to buy! The weapons pouch, the arrow pouch, and the resources pouch?

The resources pouch doesn't make any sense to me... it says capacity of say... 70... but I've like 200 pieces of ridgewood.

Does it mean 70 of one type of resource but as much of those 70 as you want?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Been using the Hunter Bow, Sharpshot Bow, Tripcaster and Ropecaster since the beginning.

Anyone on the same boat as me? Haha. And how's that one weapon that fires fast but low accuracy?
I use the Rattler, I think it's pretty neat to apply freeze and shock on enemies.

I don't know what pouches to buy! The weapons pouch, the arrow pouch, and the resources pouch?

The resources pouch doesn't make any sense to me... it says capacity of say... 70... but I've like 200 pieces of ridgewood.

It means 70 different items or stacks. A ridgewood stack is 250 IIRC. I think resources pouch is a good upgrade so you can get more different kinds for upgrades.

cudiye

You know an open world game is that good when you spend 80% of the total hours played foolin around its world and killing every enemy types you encounter. Soooo good.

Guerrilla Games have completely outdone themselves with this game; im absolutely in love with it.

GraveRobberX

I removed Trip for Slingshot (elemental)
It helps so fucking much on certain enemies if you lob them from far away

Hunter on Top
Shadow on Bottom
Slingshot on Right
Rope on Left

Trip is only if it say boss fight or you are prepping an area to attract prey as bait
Don't use the concussion one at all
The Bomb Sling use rarely, sticky is OP if you down an enemy with Ropcaster, can spam fuckton due to it not counting as damage till it explodes so the ropes hold it down
You just see a massive explosion doing insane damage to the robo

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
when do you use it mostly? Been considering getting that or the War Bow.
Just whenever there is an opening and they are relatively close. You can also tie them down and then apply it.

I haven't really used the War Bow though, so maybe it's as effective. I just didn't want to carry three bows. I like some variety.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
when do you use it mostly? Been considering getting that or the War Bow.

Yeah I'm only using the standard bow at the moment but I'd like to try something else and the warbow sounds good but want to check that vs rattler for delivering elemental damage

nOoblet16

Yep I did the same.
The other weapon you are talking about is the war how, it does low damage but inflicts status ailments on enemies (frost, electric and corruption...which makes enemies turn on each other temporarily)

Floody

I found the giant
bunker
cave, protected by a Stormbird on the top northen point of the map but I cant seem to climb inside... I miss a couple of meter to climb vertically... is this story related and I'll have to come back and do I miss something ?

Yeah, it's
it's story related

GraveRobberX

Resource should be your priority
100 is max, its Upgrade 4

Items take up slots with different varying quantity
Like the Branchwoid for arrows are 250 per stack that take up 1 resource node
Blaze on the other hand only goes to 50 before it takes up another resource node
Wire goes to 100 before going to another manic de and starting a new stack
Animal skins and Bones go up to 5 before stacks move to next node
Flowers 25
Hearts and Lenses 5
Human Trinkets from Thugs go to 25
Etc.

Weapons and Armor aren't that necessary you can get by with Upgrade 2 for awhile
Ammo is second priority of weapons you use often
Then it's Modifications, don't sleep on this, get those 70 slots, once you get into story and roaming more drops of this will start dropping like crazy or can be farmed as stated by my last post
Then do potions
Then traps
Last finish Weapons and then Armor
You will not be carrying more than 10 weapons or more than 5-6 Armor even though you get 20 slots unless you want to own everything

I found the giant
bunker

Are you referring to the area near where you need to visit the Banuk camp? If so, that area's story-related and may be inaccessible until you unlock the main quest
The Grave-Hoard

Polarburr

I removed Trip for Slingshot (elemental)
It helps so fucking much on certain enemies if you lob them from far away

Hunter on Top
Shadow on Bottom
Slingshot on Right
Rope on Left

Trip is only if it say boss fight or you are prepping an area to attract prey as bait
Don't use the concussion one at all
The Bomb Sling use rarely, sticky is OP if you down an enemy with Ropcaster, can spam fuckton due to it not counting as damage till it explodes so the ropes hold it down
You just see a massive explosion doing insane damage to the robo

Maybe I should change the trip for something else. It does get hard to use once shit hits the fan.

Unfortunately you can't. But there aren't that many types so you basically want the best one for that class, which are for outfits:

- All resists
- Cold resist
- Corruption resist
- Stealth
- Damage reduction

And for weapons

- Hunter bow (fast bow for standard/fire arrows)
- War bow (medium speed bow for elemental arrows)
- Sharpshooter bow (slow firing sniper/tear bow)
- Sling
- Tripcaster
- Ropecaster
- Rattler

Thank you

Resource should be your priority
100 is max, its Upgrade 4

Items take up slots with different varying quantity
Like the Branchwoid for arrows are 250 per stack that take up 1 resource node
Blaze on the other hand only goes to 50 before it takes up another resource node
Wire goes to 100 before going to another manic de and starting a new stack
Animal skins and Bones go up to 5 before stacks move to next node
Flowers 25
Hearts and Lenses 5
Human Trinkets from Thugs go to 25
Etc.

Weapons and Armor aren't that necessary you can get by with Upgrade 2 for awhile
Ammo is second priority of weapons you use often
Then it's Modifications, don't sleep on this, get those 70 slots, once you get into story and roaming more drops of this will start dropping like crazy or can be farmed as stated by my last post
Then do potions
Then traps
Last finish Weapons and then Armor
You will not be carrying more than 10 weapons or more than 5-6 Armor even though you get 20 slots unless you want to own everything
Amazing thank you

HMD

Just finished it. This is by far the best written sci-fi game I have ever played. Extremely powerful. This is my game of the generation so far. The story and the characters are so good I wish it never ended. The gameplay is fantastic, the RPG elements weren't deep and I wish they were a bit deeper but I understand why they didn't go that route. The graphics are mind blowing, especially when the lightning hits the moving grass in a windy day. The world is incredibly diverse and big, the lore and the history are impeccable. The soundtrack is incredibly emotional. The game is extremely close to perfection.

10/10

The recording ending scene is incredible and I wish they didn't ruin the impact of the great ending with that post credits scene.

GraveRobberX

Maybe I should change the trip for something else. It does get hard to use once shit hits the fan.

Trip is ok in closed spaces or areas where you can peg the rope onto 2 surface for it to cling

Once you expand in the world it's so much open space and it's not needed really until you reach certain closed areas again if you get my drift
Cauldrons aka Dungeons
So having a sling helps a lot
You can lob from very far away, hell you can hit from top spots where line on sight might not be needed at all

Shengar

Longlegs and stalkers drop them. Why are you using them on Lance horns by the way? If you want their chilling water then just stealth kill them. You get them either way.
Because it's satisfying when you shoot their horn with Tearblast arrow to stripped them bare lol

nOoblet16

You can use it even in the middle of the fight, no matter how heated, for instance damage. You basically aim right in from on them or underneath them by tapping R2 in quick succession and it'll go off immediately. If you miss then just don't again, cause you can get your traps back anyway.

I've done basically everything there is to do in this game and I didn't even touch the sling throughout my playthrough except for like 2 times, it's too slow and lacks range.

TsuWave

decided to grind until i managed to unlock the "tinker" skill and wow. opened a whole new world to me, its so good being able to change coils at will. its so much easier to adjust and prepare for fights because i'd have some really good mods on weapons that weren't the right fit for certain encounters and being able to move them to the right ones make it a lot easier to fight some of these monsters

When I activate a quest to find an ingredient I'm missing, shouldn't it direct me to an area with said ingredient? Because right now when I have such a quest activated, there's no marker on the map.

Oh, and another thing. How do you guys find using the arrow keys during combat? I'm finding it really clumsy at the moment since I can't manage to both run and use items with my left hand alone during a fight.

Kinda lucky shot lol. Reminds me of some movie.

17038802_10208504504514068_7362002372320778659_o.jpg

nOoblet16

When I activate a quest to find an ingredient I'm missing, shouldn't it direct me to an area with said ingredient? Because right now when I have such a quest activated, there's no marker on the map.
It'll only redirect you if it's a machine part, since machine sites are marked on the maps already.

For animal parts it won't as they don't have a site where they can be generally found and can be anywhere.

Also about your edit: Change/use the item while you are rolling, this way you can keep moving while you change. Something I picked up playing Gears of War for years.

Been playing for a while, wondering is there a consensus on an end game outfit I should try and get? I've spent my time on weapons and realized I still have basic outfit

nOoblet16

Been playing for a while, wondering is there a consensus on an end game outfit I should try and get? I've spent my time on weapons and realized I still have basic outfit
The game has a specific end game outfit that is only obtainable through a quest which cannot be finished until the last mission...it's the best one in game.

GraveRobberX

I'm rocking the Stealth (Very Rare) one with more Stealthy mods on top of it

Have the Projectiles (Very Rare) do less damage as back up with Resist Melee attacks as very rare mods on it

The game has a specific end game outfit that is only obtainable through a quest which cannot be finished until the last mission...it's the best one in game.
Oh cool, so I won't worry about it
I'm rocking the Stealth (Very Rare) one with more Stealthy mods on top of it

Have the Projectiles (Very Rare) do less damage as back up with Resist Melee attacks as very rare mods on it
Nice, so mods > outfit, sounds good

nOoblet16

Oh cool, so I shouldn't worry about it?
Nope. Just rock whatever you want for the time being.
I exclusively rocked a melee damage reduction outfit and nodded it with even more melee resist because majority of my damage were from melee as I'd fight very close to enemies. Never really felt the need to change it.

Though once I got that end game armour I never stopped using it.

Wow, hunting trials are awesome. Really makes you think tactically.

This game continues to impress.

Some day I'll get to meridian. Some day.

After almost 30 hours, made it to Meridian last night. Absolutely love this game. Weird thing happened at the Hunter's Lodge and I'm wondering if it happened to anyone else:
The record of the hunts for Redmaw actually included the conclusion? There was a scroll that detailed the Sunhawk betraying Aloy and her sponsor, the two women triumphing, and describing the Sunhawk dying.

Anyone else encounter this? I'm assuming a bug of some kind.

Mathieran

Banned
This morning I found myself on the eastern edge of the map by Devil's Grief and noticed a bunch of corrupted creatures. Saw my first flying robots which drew me to that area. Also got ganked by the snapmaw which was the first time I had come across one of them. I had to get the hell out of dodge. It was pretty exciting though.

I ended up getting out to the very edge of the map, there was a bunch of water and a tower, and it got kinda swampy. It was pretty neat. I didn't find the barrier though, maybe it's out in the water. I ran out of time to keep exploring.

Freeman76

I feel so up and down with this game. Its definitely fucking awesome...but the combat feels floaty and lacking in impact if that makes sense. I tend to avoid fights more often than not.

Crazy open world though, no doubt.

Aggh.

Fucking Stormbird turned up at the end of a side quest. It was unexpected and I was way too underpowered to deal with it so I went away and grinded for the shadow rope caster.

After slogging my way back, I still can't kill the bloody thing. It drains all of my resources and its attacks are OP. Or, I'll be so busy trying to tie it down i'll walk backwards off a cliff.

Any tips? I've tried using tear arrows to remove the chest gun and engines but I'm usually on shit street with my resources around taking out half of its energy, leaving me to try and take it down with standard arrows.

I feel so up and down with this game. Its definitely fucking awesome...but the combat feels floaty and lacking in impact if that makes sense. I tend to avoid fights more often than not.

Crazy open world though, no doubt.

Yep, I find the combat a bit.. squishy I guess? And there are times I just want to knock some small quests off but can't be arsed dealing with herds of various machines just getting from points A to B.

Game is also sold out on Amazon.co.uk.
Really wonder what the first week or month sale for this game is going to be like.

Wow the music in
Meridian

Might be just me but the combat feels kinda like dead space in the sense you have to shoot off parts/components to debilitate or do more damage to them. There's also the aspect of using their own weapons or parts against them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom