• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKTaiL

What's up with some of you not knowing about R2 to increase accuracy/range of bow/slingshot? It was so obvious for me from the get go. Bows and slingshots have to be stretched on real life so it makes sense to use R2 doesn't it?

Anyways, just killed my first
Stormbird
. Jesus, that was intense. Drained all my resources.

Storm bird fights are so much more fun and more challenging than fighting a thunder jaw. Tbh I found fighting a thunderjaw to be quite underwhelming because his disc launchers kill him so fast.

Runtledge

Neo Member
I was wandering around (I don't remember exactly what area was it) and my controller and the camera started to tremble, felt like an earthquake. Did not see any giant robots or something similar nearby. Are there earthquakes in the game?

haikira

Played seven hours so far, and i'm loving this game.

Combat feels great, and the visuals are jaw dropping.

Two questions, if anyone would be so kind to help me out?

01 I'm pretty sure I've heard it's possible to extend the capacity of the recourse bag beyond twenty, but I haven't had any luck finding a way to do so. Could someone point me in the right direction?

02 I'm trying to purchase/create a particular piece of armour, which I've set as a quest. It requires the heart of a
Shell-Walker
. I've killed at least six now, but none have dropped it. Is that normal, or is there something I should be doing to ensure one drops?

SumGamer

Ropecaster is such a joy to use. Not that it's super strong but seeing the mech trying to lunge at you but then get pulled by the rope is just amazing.

silva1991

Storm bird fights are so much more fun and more challenging than fighting a thunder jaw. Tbh I found fighting a thunderjaw to be quite underwhelming because his disc launchers kill him so fast.

Yeah it's easily harder and more challenging than thunderjaw.

It's not even close

01 I'm pretty sure I've heard it's possible to extend the capacity of the recourse bag beyond twenty, but I haven't had any luck finding a way to do so. Could someone point me in the right direction?

02 I'm trying to purchase/create a particular piece of armour, which I've set as a quest. It requires the heart of a
Shell-Walker
. I've killed at least six now, but none have dropped it. Is that normal, or is there something I should be doing to ensure one drops?
1. menu > crafting > capacity. It lists the requirements to increase the capacitiy of the resources,weapons, outfits,ammo etc pouches

2. Not really, it's random, you could purchase the scavenger+ skill to increase your chances or use Harvest arrows.

cheesekao

Shell-Walker
1. It's under the crafting tab in your menu.

2. Hearts are rare parts. Just keep killing them.

Shell-Walker

1. To increase the amount of inventory space, you’re going to need to open up the inventory menu by pressing on the Touchpad. From here, navigate to the Crafting tab and then locate the Carry capacity area.

2. Yeah, there's two ways that can increase your chances to get the heart. Either use Harvest Arrows on the Shell-Walkers, or the easiest, buy the Shell-Walker heart from a vendor at Meridian.

RDreamer

About 15.5 hours in, level 19 and haven't reached
Meridian
yet. Really fucking loving this game. It kind of feels like a culmination of a lot of games I love but with a bit of a twist there, too. The story is really intriguing, and man do I want more lore! Really hoping some of the lore entries pick up in the latter half of the game because I really love that sort of stuff. The combat is spectacular. It's fast-paced, heart-bumping, yet fair. Everything feels dangerous but in a good way. The music is fucking phenomenal, the voice acting is pretty good and I love a lot of the characters so far.

Not even done playing this one but I really hope this becomes a nice series for a while. I could see an improvement of this just being absolute perfection.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
whyyyyyyyyyyyy does the Resource allotment cap out at 100 that is not enoughhhhhhhhhh

LiK

Buy Back is the best fucking thing. Even if you sold something by accident, it's good to get it back for crafting.

Kaizer

Banned
Man got past the Carja Border Fort yesterday & encountered Glinthawks for the first time in the desert valley, as well as a Stormbird. Preceded to have an epic match against the Glinthawks & bull enemies (forgot their names) that went on for like 10 minutes - it was the most intense battle I've had in the game yet. Using the Ropecaster to tie down the Glinthawks after knocking them out of the sky with fire arrows to the beak is SOOOOOOOO satisfying!

Agent

Whenever
Sylens
speaks I literally can only think about
Commander Zavala
from Destiny. That voice. I haven't played Destiny in quite some time so it brings back many memories. Especially with the Cauldrons reminding me of Vault of Glass.

Ferr986

I was wandering around (I don't remember exactly what area was it) and my controller and the camera started to tremble, felt like an earthquake. Did not see any giant robots or something similar nearby. Are there earthquakes in the game?

Happened the same to me. Turned out some NPCs where fighting one of those big fire collectors close to where I was.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Whenever
Sylens
speaks I literally can only think about
Commander Zavala
from Destiny. That voice. I haven't played Destiny in quite some time so it brings back many memories. Especially with the Cauldrons reminding me of Vault of Glass.
You mean the guy from The Wire.

Uploaded a stormbird video, easy kill tactics.

https://youtu.be/EfazemYOMUA

Faster to just spam tear arrows then rope and go to town.

Dubz

Does this game have the best combat of any open world game ever? Possibly story, too? I haven't finished yet, but it's feeling that way for me.

Alloy x Varl is the only option.

There are so many characters that seem like they're interested in her, I wonder if romance was the plan originally and got dialed back for some reason?

-Varl (the most likely to be canon, in my opinion)

-Erend

-Avad (the only one where Aloy hints at interest if you pick the heart option during a certain dialogue)

-Petra (if Aloy swings that way)

It's really weird when there are these big emotional scenes with these characters expressing immense fondness for her, and she's all "yeah, I guess you're cool too" and that's it.

Then again, I guess she's basically the equivalent of a home-schooled kid with no friends and zero knowledge of social interaction, so it makes sense that she seems so clueless when people hint about romance and sex.

Voror

Started last night. Liked how things started both getting to the title and beyond. Got to the point where you get your first few skill points before stopping. Trying to figure what would be good to spend them on, though I don't know what would be good or how fast I'll gain more.

Right now out of the first row I'm thinking:
Silent Strike
Concentration
Either Gatherer or Scavenger. I'll want both eventually of course.

Yeah I'm really not a fan of how easy it is to kill Thunderjaws. They were a lot more fun to fight before I had tear arrows. Ever since I got tear they never even get to use their radar scans.

I'm also not fond of how easy it is to override an enemy. IMO it should be extremely high risk, like have to tie the enemy down, blow off a shielding panel and then override it. It should be something that is done in battle IMO rather than a stealth tactic where it's too OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom