• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Tecnnique in Sony thread? What could possibly go wrong? Dont feed him pls.

Mmm ok. So saying its a nice achievement on the console hardware with a few rough spots like rocks and LOD, responding to the argument about PC visuals saying that I don't find it beating PC visually and I'm sure you didn't even consider the fact that I've been vocal about Microsoft's mishandling of their recent release title, I am somehow anti Sony or something something?

TheRatedD

Thanks to Amazon, I'll have to wait until Thursday for this. I pre ordered in January of 2016, then last summer I switched credit cards. The Last Guardian shipped just fine, but for some reason this order got screwed up.

my copy just came in the mail =)
rLS6ePLh.jpg

pots555

Just started. The graphics blew me away. Simply amazing, breathtaking. Wow! Seriously impressive on a normal PS4.

Just checked out the Horizon Reddit....eeshh.

I would say it's pretty poor there. Now The Witcher has a great subreddit (style, atmosphere, helpful information in the sidebar), same with Destiny but of course Destiny is the golden child for online communities on consoles.

Tovarisc

Just started. The graphics blew me away. Simply amazing, breathtaking. Wow! Seriously impressive on a normal PS4.

Can you throw few direct feed screenshots at my direction? I would be getting this on OGPS4 too and interested to see IQ without youtube or twitch compression going on.

Formosa

I don't understand why people still order games from amazon, bestbuy, gamestop..etc. It causes delay sometimes. Just get it from mom and pop game store like 10 days before its release date, it's also tax free. lol

I don't understand why people still order games from amazon, bestbuy, gamestop..etc. It causes delay sometimes. Just get it from mom and pop game store like 10 days before its release date, it's also tax free. lol
Nearest mom and pop shop is 40 miles away.

Running an illegal business is sure to do them well.

Not everyone lives in a city with a mom and pop game store available. I wonder if breaking street dates caused a good chunk of them to close shop.

Mifune

Mehmber

The one in my city overcharges for games before release. Not worth it, in my opinion.

hydruxo

I think a Reddit community can really add to a game and the Horizon subreddit seems poorly managed and doesn't know what it takes to foster a social subreddit.

An announcement thread telling people to stop posting about their copies of the game they received and instead to post inside that thread seemed unnecessary aggressive.

And the style of the subreddit is so bleh. I'm surprised devs don't have an internal person in charged of reaching out to subreddits to help them out and give tips.

Yeah I saw that stickied thread and also thought that was pretty bad. Seemed very harshly worded when a more laid back post would've relayed the info just as well. I'll prob just stick to the GAF OT.

I do it for my GCU discount at Best Buy ($47.99 compared to the regular $59.99 plus the bonus $15 credit you get from every preorder. Store pick up on release day has never failed me.

v0mitg0d

I love this game!

It is just a joy to play. Aloy is interesting, the narrative is compelling and my god it's absolutely stunning to look at on my PS4 Pro in 4K HDR on my KS8000. There's nothing like it out there.

I feel like there are not a ton of videos out there showcasing just how versital the combat and weapons can be in Horizon. If you run in just using your bow (against machines), you're going to get mauled. I love how this game forces you to adjust and adopt new strategies and change weapons while fighting. These videos I made regarding the trials on the game really show just many many different ways there are to fight the machines.

My suggestion is you play this game on either Hard or Very Hard. I started on Very Hard, but dialed it down to Hard because I had limited time to make videos. Make no mistake, Very Hard is pretty darn challenging!

Watch these videos to get an idea of what I mean by the combat. Also, might want to bookmark these if you run into any trouble with the trials. They can be challening at times, but they offer a TON of XP so they're highly recommended.

Horizon Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUeP4wqAXXLBqQolWCJCOM2vp97M-gbNE

Spurflints Hunting Grounds: Stalker Kill Trial
https://youtu.be/D4x3UkqqnHQ

Nora Hunting Grounds : Parts Alone Trial
https://youtu.be/xzyJhruDeZE

Nora Hunting Grounds: Logpile Trial
https://youtu.be/2g0WZ1axk1g

Spurflints Hunting Grounds : Sleight of Crate Trial
https://youtu.be/2bOK24DZk6s

Valleymeet Hunting Grounds: Shock Trial
https://youtu.be/gjp_ncZls6o

Valleymeet Hunting Grounds: Freeze Trial
https://youtu.be/i7CdT9kvg4w

Valleymeet Hunting Grounds: Fire Fight Trial
https://youtu.be/bze_NCxEdVM

Spurflints Hunting Grounds: Watch Out Trial
https://youtu.be/kSrjdC6R9L0

Spurflints Hunting Grounds : Sleight of Crate Trial
https://youtu.be/2bOK24DZk6s

Nora Hunting Grounds: Blast Wire Trial
https://youtu.be/OsaCemkvfhk

HDs are up!

[NaK]

I've played roughly four hours and Im completely in love.
Really don't want to go to bed, but I have to go to work in seven hours... Sigh.

Best nighttime atmosphere in a game, ever?
horizonzerodawn_201701qkfh.png

Cyborg

[NaK];231143183 said:
Really don't want to go to bed, but I have to go to work kn seven hours... Sigh.

Best nighttime atmodphere in a game, ever?

The best!

Alo0oy

Banned
So many people are playing this already, the game unlocks for me while I'm at work, so I won't be able to play until 20 hours from now!

hydruxo

[NaK];231143183 said:
Really don't want to go to bed, but I have to go to work kn seven hours... Sigh.

My god...

That shot is just oozing with atmosphere

Wagram

These graphics shouldn't be possible on a console. It sure is making my Pro work for it though. First game i've ever played while hearing the fan. It's not at FAT PS3 or 360 levels or anything, but I can hear it.

[NaK];231143183 said:

Couldn't stop playing last night and only got 5 hours of sleep before work... here I am getting ready to play soon and will probably repeat last night 😃

[NaK];231143183 said:

Man that is an epic shot.

ironcreed

Banned
[NaK];231143183 said:
Really don't want to go to bed, but I have to go to work in seven hours... Sigh.

Wow. Hurry up midnight.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Ok, so my copy of Horizon has arrived from Amazon.ca, and yet I am pissed.

So earlier today I decided to check on the tracking detail Amazon had provided me for my game. I noticed that the shipper listed wasn't one I've heard of before (Intelcom Courrier Canada), so I decided to search them up on Google. Oh boy, these guys have a horrid customer score. I came across a Reddit thread where people were posting all of these horror stories when it came to having products shipped from Amazon through this courier.

It was then that I remembered, that when my copy of Infinite Warfare was delivered to me, I didn't receive it through the usual condo mail box, or (what generally happens) had a delivery notice for UPS or Canada Post left for me. Rather, I came home from work and found a parcel just laying there in front of my door, in the hallway, in my condo. I thought that this was weird, and that anyone could have at any point taken my delivery. But I didn't give it much thought besides rant to a few friends what had happened.

Now, I was reading about other people who had the exact same thing happen to them with this courier, and I realised who it was that actually shipped CoD to me. I get in contact with Amazon Canada support, and I essentially tell the rep (who was really helpful by the way) what I've learned about Intelcom, and that I wanted Intelcom to ensure that their driver called me the moment he/she arrived. I told her about the packages being left in the condo hallway and everything. She gets in contact with Intelcom and informs me that they have taken my number and will contact me when delivery is being made. Great, my worries are lifted.

A few hours later, I realise that my Horizon Artbook is also being shipped through these guys as well. So I contact Intelcom directly, give them the tracking number to both orders, and have her confirm that the driver will contact me.

I decide that I'm getting quite hungry at this point, and I order my usual from Panago which I have delivered. I get the call from the Panago driver to come out, and as soon as I open my door, guess what's laying on my front mat? My god damn Amazon parcel. WTF?!

I've never been more happy to see something, and at the same time have rage flowing through me like this. It was a weird feeling to say the least. So Canada Gaf, watch your Amazon Prime orders carefully. If it says Intelcom, you need to be diligent, because these idiots are something else. Now the wait for my Horizon CE and CE Strategy Guide. Since those are coming from the States, I'm hoping they arrive by way of UPS or CP.

Wabba

I have a question that i hope somebody can answer. I am from Sweden but i have a US account and bought the game there the american account, must i wait for it to be active in EU region or can i play it tomorrow?

[NaK]

I was fighting two robots in the woods and kept dying because I got distracted by how amazing the trees looked against the moon. Can't really compare to anything else I've played.

I have a question that i hope somebody can answer. I am from Sweden but i have a US account and bought the game there the american account, must i wait for it to be active in EU region or can i play it tomorrow?

you can play it when it unlocks in 6 hours. so yeah you can play tomorrow.

Couldn't stop playing last night and only got 5 hours of sleep before work... here I am getting ready to play soon and will probably repeat last night 😃

I just got home myself and plan on doing the same, lol. It's all I thought about at work.

Expect some more regular PS4 shots in the photo thread soon! Will probably spend an hour just going around the world and taking photos. Good thing there isn't a death counter cause she's made many sacrifices jumping off cliffs for the sake of pictures!

Unknown?

I'm glad the box art isn't a lame close up of Aloy's face or something stupid! Really loving the box art for this game!

[NaK];231143183 said:

Wow, it looks very nice. I"d love to see how an avatar/trine fantasy forest would look in Guerrilla's engine.

Tinúviel

Does EU releases exactly 1 day later then US or is it like time differences and both of them unlock same time cause if we are waiting 1 more day without any reason fuck them and this thread doesn't helping that time to pass either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom