• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Tinúviel;231145142 said:
Does EU releases exactly 1 day later then US or is it like time differences and both of them unlock same time cause if we are waiting 1 more day without any reason fuck them and this thread doesn't helping that time to pass either.

At least in Finland stores list release date as 1st of March so 1 day later than US.

Yea I think hink DF didn't emphasize enough how good it looks, using their usual political correctness and calling it "one of the best looking open world games" like it has a competition... seriously nothing is really touching it right now.

Nothing good comes from hyperbole.

Gurish

My inner graphics whore is doing backflips over this game. Best graphics yet.

Yea I think DF didn't emphasize enough how good it looks, using their usual political correctness and calling it "one of the best looking open world games" like it has a competition... seriously nothing is really touching it right now.

Got my copy from Amazon today, I'll wait until class is done tonight before I play it. Speaking of Amazon, did anyone else not get the preorder bonus from them?

haxamin

from r/gaming
qClQGev.jpg

Where is it on the HK store? I can only find a pre-order version, but you can't buy it, only add it to your wishlist...

Thought it was playable there already?

Wulv

Neo Member
Amazon says mine is still being prepared for shipment.

This is very frustrating. Preordered over a month ago so I hope it is just a hiccup in their tracking system updates.

gifs and gameplay look awesome by the way. Appreciate all those that have posted those nice screen grabs.

LProtag

Beat Nier: Automata today, going to pick this up from Best Buy tomorrow.

I wish I had more time, but a bunch of stuff is coming up at work and Zelda's coming out, so I'm going to have to take my time with it, probably.

Saw earlier in the thread some folks saying there is barely any sidequests. That's not true. At least 14 I've done 35 hours in and that's not counting the ones they consider errands and other side stuff. Plenty of content.

LProtag

Many hours to beat it ?

20-ish. I sorta rushed though. Left a lot of side stuff undone.

I've got open world fatigue a bit and actually haven't beaten a lot of open world games I've started, but Automata gave a really good balance of that and straightforward progression.

Here's hoping that Horizon does the same.

My Amazon US preorder doesn't have a tracking number yet and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I hope Amazon doesn't drop the ball this time :/

ArmGunar

20-ish. I sorta rushed though. Left a lot of side stuff undone.

I've got open world fatigue a bit and actually haven't beaten a lot of open world games I've started, but Automata gave a really good balance of that and straightforward progression.

Here's hoping that Horizon does the same.

Ok thank you !

Tovarisc

If you stripped the game off its graphics, would it still have phenomenal gameplay to support it?

I would say no. Gameplay is quite a bit like in Tomb Raider reboots, with some obvious differences. Gameplay of HZ wont set world on fire, but has good graphics and very interesting world.

Agent

I scanned through the thread but didn't see this posted anywhere, but apologizes if it has been already. I saw something on the Playstation Twitter about Horizon Rewards and it being the last day to redeem them. If you go to live.playstation.com and login with your PSN you can get a Watcher avatar, Aloy avatar, and Rost avatar by watching some videos. It works the same way as the site did for the Playstation Experience Quests. It does say Americas only. It appears they will email the codes out in 7-10 days to redeem.

Nothing major, but hey, free avatars.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fuck yes.

I have to work tonight and tomorow unfortunately.

But it's preloaded on my Pro, and I'll definitky try it out for a bit after work tomorrow morning.

Steroyd

If you stripped the game off its graphics, would it still have phenomenal gameplay to support it?

"phenominal" gameplay, I'd say no? It borrows from FarCry, The Witcher and Assassin's Creed but executes it well soo I guess it depends if you find those games to have phenominal gameplay features.

Yeah that is highly likely. Quite a few people have praised Horizon's seemingly excellent gameplay loop.

I would say no. Gameplay is quite a bit like in Tomb Raider reboots, with some obvious differences. Gameplay of HZ wont set world on fire, but has good graphics and very interesting world.

Yeah I don't agree with that.

"phenominal" gameplay, I'd say no? It borrows from FarCry, The Witcher and Assassin's Creed but executes it well soo I guess it depends if you find those games to have phenominal gameplay features.
You're not facing any enemies like the Dinosaurs here though, so AI and strategy have to be taken into account.

You can break down every game like that if you want, but Horizon's put familiar mechanics into a completely foreign world with crazy enemies. It doesn't feel like any of those games when you are actually fighting. It's just similar stuff like crafting, RPG-lite elements, etc...

Horizon feels very very unique. It'll be hard to top Zelda, Persona 5, Destiny 2 and RDR for GOTY, but it will certainly be a lot of people's favorites.

Wagram

Anyone else getting an infinite load screen that says copying?

Outside of this (maybe a bug) the game screams passion so far. Good opening, characters, gameplay, music, graphics. Can't say enough good things about it so far.

Tovarisc

Yeah that is highly likely. Quite a few people have praised Horizon's seemingly excellent gameplay loop.

Yeah I don't agree with that.
  • You can sneak around and do stealth kills or go for face
  • You gather sticks, berries, hides, duct tape etc. from different sources
  • You have crafting menus and system very similar to what TR and FC is doing. Gathering goes directly to this, along with trading
  • Etc.
There is a lot similarities. Horizon's combat is a lot more movement based which is good.

Everytime people discuss gameplay in Horizon I have this feeling that nobody takes robot battles into consideration.

They are part of gameplay loop, and?

Stiler

[NaK];231143183 said:
I've played roughly four hours and Im completely in love.
Really don't want to go to bed, but I have to go to work in seven hours... Sigh.

Best nighttime atmosphere in a game, ever?
horizonzerodawn_201701qkfh.png

The shot is amazing, it looks like something you'd expect to see in a cgi movie rather then a game.

Strakt

Tomb raider combat was very standard
Farcry is just a steaming pile of garbage
Witcher 3 combat was super clunky

Horizon's combat especially with the slow motion shooting and dodging puts it in a league of its own. It feels satisfying when you kill mechanical beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom