• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Kind of...I went back to the starting area after getting to daybreak tower. It seems like it kinda screwed up some conversations back at daybreak. Specifically the quest where the Nora woman wants to kill Zaid.

It didn't lead to anything game breaking for you did it? You still progressed normally even with broken conversations?

Just don't wanna start all over

I wish Guerilla created more of a survivor aspect to this game. Your quest to go beyond the gate is a long journey. It would've been cool of Aloy could create her own campfire and rest.

torontoml

Really going to miss not being able to play for the next week while I work, haven't enjoyed a game or been enthralled in one since maybe GTA V on the PS3. And I may actually like this more so far, though it may not have the legs.

Yooo I remember you from D3 gaf. I was recommended hard and I'm glad thats what I stuck with. Perfect balance for me personally. A lot of the fun combat wise is being on your toes or being scared of the machine you are fighting. No trophies attached to difficulty setting, but you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Turn off the waypoints and make the HUD dynamic for the best experience.

Hey Miles, I still play D3 nearly every season.

Sounds like hard is the way to go, I don't want it to be a grueling experience but I want it to be a challenge. Will do on way points/hud.

Guys...I think I like this game.

20170305_211119_zpsdujskz0o.jpg

I can't find a gif to properly express my happiness once I got my final trophy. I've never gotten one before, and I've never bothered to try either. This has been first game I've loved enough to do so with.

Weevilone

I can't find a gif to properly express my happiness once I got my final trophy. I've never gotten one before, and I've never bothered to try either. This has been first game I've loved enough to do so with.

Congrats. I've never done this either, though I was on the path for Diablo III before I injured a hand. Should get back to that!

Zackat

I will do that for this game. Bloodborne is the only other game I felt compelled to get the platinum for. I almost had it in Transistor and stopped, I should rectify that.

Approaching the end of the game now (or at least Im pretty sure), and I can easily say this game is something else.

If zelda wasnt here to take the thunder I could easily see this sweep all the goty awards.

Maybe it still will?

Falchion

Nice, I always try to platinum games that have worlds I really enjoy being in like Uncharted 4 and Gravity Rush. This is absolutely going to be the next one and props to the devs for not including any missable trophies!

I assume that you bought the rare ones. You'll get them in higher tier sharpshot and war bow.

Damn that sucks.

deim0s

Ain't gonna buy those weird armor sets with those outlandish headdresses on. Please Guerilla, a helmet/armor toggle would be nice.

Chase17

Only one hunting ground challenge away from getting them all done but can't even attempt it since I can't override the type of machine.

Time to search for a cauldron lol

Congrats. I've never done this either, though I was on the path for Diablo III before I injured a hand. Should get back to that!
I will do that for this game. Bloodborne is the only other game I felt compelled to get the platinum for. I almost had it in Transistor and stopped, I should rectify that.
Nice, I always try to platinum games that have worlds I really enjoy being in like Uncharted 4 and Gravity Rush. This is absolutely going to be the next one and props to the devs for not including any missable trophies!
Yes. I thought there was ONE I was going to be screwed on, and was able to go back and fix. I would've been a real sad panda if I had to restart. But the real sad thing about playing this game so much in the last week, and now having that platinum....I don't know what to do with my life. I'm just sitting in my computer chair with no motivation to do anything. How sad is that. lol. Guess I'll go find something to watch and see if it passes.

By now I really hope GG understands that the headgear on almost ALL outfits suck.

Its so weird, because otherwise the character designs are so fucking cool. No one at GG looked at the headgear and thought "this looks dumb"?

As far as I know 1 trophy.
Recruiting everyone possible in the game by the end.
I could be wrong. I just did everything in the game.
Trophy spoiler more than plot...
You can still go back and get them to redo final mission for trophy. They only require you do their side quests---no special selections or anything need made.

Elitist1945

Okay just finished. I didn't touch a single sidequest (I'll do those all now) but it took me 16-17 hours on Easy (I'm shit at games don't judge) to complete the story, which to be honest is all I really wanted to do. Worth it, though. What a story that was.

Even playing through on Easy and skipping sidequests, 16-17 hours to complete the story isn't bad at all in my opinion. And of course, tons of other content to add to that.

Ain't gonna buy those weird armor sets with those outlandish headdresses on. Please Guerilla, a helmet/armor toggle would be nice.

Yeahhhh, I am absolutely loving this game. Top ten all time easy.

But, I really dislike almost every piece of armor in the game aesthetically. They just look kinda hideous. A lot of it is the color schemes too.

hydruxo

Terror of the Sun quest spoilers

Holy shit, Sylens showing up in the arena in person rather than just a hologram for the first time was such an awesome moment. I almost jumped out of my seat when that happened.

So many great moments in the main storyline so far. The writing is fantastic.

what's the tip for money? I'm always lacking money. I can't sell many of my resource because I fear I'll need them later on. should I just don't care about those and sell the items anyway?

torontoml

what's the tip for money? I'm always lacking money. I can't sell many of my resource because I fear I'll need them later on. should I just don't care about those and sell the items anyway?

kill more machines, they always have shards and you'll have more stuff than you need that you can also sell.

cheesekao

First of all, what are you doing with your shards?

Secondly, unless you liberally use special arrows, you should be able to sell most of your extra stuff. Once you get to meridian, check the vendors to see if you can barter with them. If they don't have anything you're interested in, sell those parts. I normally keep a maximum of 4 slots of each ammo material (blaze,chill water, wire, etc) and sell the rest. If you don't intend on using corruption arrows, sell your metalburns as they bring in a decent profit. I have like 20k+ shards right now and that's after buying most of the purple weapons.

By now I really hope GG understands that the headgear on almost ALL outfits suck.

Its so weird, because otherwise the character designs are so fucking cool. No one at GG looked at the headgear and thought "this looks dumb"?

Ha, same here. Sticking with mid tier because the headdresses are ugly.

Haha true story. And they look even more ridiculous in dialogs/cutscenes. I ended up using the mid-tier outfits as well except when I'm going stealth for bandit camps. The 'heavy' stealth outfit still kinda looks good at least, and pretty useful.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Banuk Freeze Amor headpiece is so weird. It casts your eyes into shade because of the horse-blinds so you can't see them during cutscenes :lol

Falchion

Don't worry, you'll come across the merchants who sell them soon enough.

Yeah I did like an hour later so now I have a Warbow and Sharpshot with both ammo types each which is cool. I guess I just didn't grasp how the weapons worked at first.

Yes. I thought there was ONE I was going to be screwed on, and was able to go back and fix. I would've been a real sad panda if I had to restart. But the real sad thing about playing this game so much in the last week, and now having that platinum....I don't know what to do with my life. I'm just sitting in my computer chair with no motivation to do anything. How sad is that. lol. Guess I'll go find something to watch and see if it passes.

That's why I'm trying to take it slow and only progress in the main quest when I finish all the activities in an area. I need to make this last as long as possible.

Are there any missable collectible or quest in this game?

Might have to try to plat this.

Nope, you're good!

Falchion

I like most of the outfits. I think my favorite ones are the ones where Aloy has a shaman-esque headpiece.

I was actually just shopping for a new one since I've been rocking the one that the stitcher in the Embrace gave me at the beginning of the game. Not sure how much to drop since some of the more expensive ones would clear out my shards.

Mindlog

I don't even know if I'd say it's bad as I have some fun with it, but there's clearly room for improvement in a sequel. Stealth is pretty damn good and can probably use a few improvements as well to make it more MGSV-ish in terms of reward and depth. Bow combat is admittedly terrific.

Mmm, I could see a Horizon sequel being unbelievable with some improvements. And that's saying something since Horizon is fantastic.
I have a huge list of improvements for this game. I'm really enjoying my time with it, but it's not an automatic GotY contender for me.

I would give traps an alert level. Placing the same traps next to each other would raise the possibility of them being discovered significantly. Maybe give Watchers an increased ability to detect them as well.
I wish Guerilla created more of a survivor aspect to this game. Your quest to go beyond the gate is a long journey. It would've been cool of Aloy could create her own campfire and rest.
The game is full of similar systems that should be expended greatly (dialogue/choice) or abandoned.
Terror of the Sun quest spoilers

Holy shit, Sylens showing up in the arena in person rather than just a hologram for the first time was such an awesome moment. I almost jumped out of my seat when that happened.

So many great moments in the main storyline so far. The writing is fantastic.
Loved that moment, but then laughed.
http://i.imgur.com/2GOm2rb.jpg?1

X-Frame

The Ropecaster is my new favorite weapon. It is incredibly useful for larger enemies like Stormbirds, Thunderjaws, etc -- but it just dominates medium sized enemies. I think 2 ropes and they're down.

I have the Lounge Ropecaster and with 3 Handling Mods it can fire out 4 ropes in like 2 seconds. Instantly downing almost anything.

I also really like the Tearblaster Shotgun, but it's more of a fun weapon whereas the Tearblast Arrows are just overall more effective (more Tear, range, etc).

My loadout 90% of the time: Lounge War Bow, Shadow Sharpshot Bow, Shadow Hunter Bow, Lounge Ropecaster

bitbydeath

Gold Member

I sell everything, sometimes I'll leave certain animal skins/bones etc depending on what I'm trying to unlock at the time.

Xeteh

If you have a shadow sharpshooter bow with harvester arrows you can go to a Grazer site (or the first training grounds) and stealth kill all of the Grazers but don't loot them. Then use the harvester arrows to shoot off all 4 blaze canisters. The arrows give you 6 blaze instead of 1 and they sell for 24 shards each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom