• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that loves the outfits in the game?

The outfits/armor in most rpgs are usually super generic armor or they go completely over the top with giant pauldrons and other elements it looks laughable.

The outfits in Horizon however each evoke a sense of the culture from that type of land and people and the use of colors is great, instead of everything being generic grays and what not.

I like the use of head-dresses with feathers and/or machine parts, it gives the game its own unique style that you simply don't find in other games.

No, I love them too. I like mostly all of them actually and would love the ability to transmog so I can use stats of one but the look of another since I mainly stick to the all resistances outfit but love the look of the corrupted resistent one.

Am I the only one that loves the outfits in the game?

The outfits/armor in most rpgs are usually super generic armor or they go completely over the top with giant pauldrons and other elements it looks laughable.

The outfits in Horizon however each evoke a sense of the culture from that type of land and people and the use of colors is great, instead of everything being generic grays and what not.

I like the use of head-dresses with feathers and/or machine parts, it gives the game its own unique style that you simply don't find in other games.
Nope I like them too, just a couple of the helmets that I'm not too fond of.

Yeah I think there's going to be dlc judging by how some people have extra 9 skill points at max level

Chamber

love on your sleeve
100 slots would be fine if resources would stack higher. You have your Blaze and Chillwater and other crafting resources taking up 5+ slots each. It get a little ridiculous.

Yeah, thats probably my one serious criticism of the game. I don't know what they were thinking in regards to the resource management.

And I can't find a Boar Bone to craft a bigger resource bag for the life of me.

B.O.O.M

I'm sloooowly making my way through the game. Finished my first Cauldron (dat matrix vibe) and Hunters trial today. I love the variety

Zakalwe

Banned
Just realised that Handling = time to reload/draw weapon. Wasn't paying attention to it before, but now it makes modding feel a little more meaningful for some weapons (Ropecaster mainly).

story is surprisingly good. so is voice acting.

Honestly, I think the story's pretty standard. If you read a lot of sci-fi it's fairly generic, and the delivery is about average. Also, all the naming conventions in this game seem a little like they're trying too hard to be different/cool (Horizon: Zero Dawn, Shadow Caja, etc...).

I like Aloy, but so far the story itself is very average. The writing is a bit better than normal though.

Yeah, thats probably my one serious criticism of the game. I don't know what they were thinking in regards to the resource management.

And I can't find a Boar Bone to craft a bigger resource bag for the life of me.

Here is a tip for you looking for bone, skin of any animals. In meridia, there is this trader call "the mysterious box trader", go to him and exchange the Processed Metal Block for Scavenger Dark Box. It gives you random animal bones, skin, fatty meats. etc... The processed metal block is from the glithhawt I think.

Just realised that Handling = time to reload/draw weapon. Wasn't paying attention to it before, but now it makes modding feel a little more meaningful for some weapons (Ropecaster mainly).

Honestly, I think the story's pretty standard. If you read a lot of sci-fi it's fairly generic, and the delivery is about average. Also, all the naming conventions in this game seem a little like they're trying too hard to be different/cool (Horizon: Zero Dawn, Shadow Caja, etc...).

I like Aloy, but so far the story itself is very average. The writing is a bit better than normal though.
J/C, how far in the story are you?

Mystery

Boo this man.

Zero Dawn has a meaning.

Shadow Carja has a meaning.

Read the text logs, listen to the audio logs.

I think the story is one of the best in sci fi games, not to mention the ending.

There are a few problems here and there but nothing major. For me it was better realised than the Mass Effect trilogy.

I can barely find them. And rats as well. Now I find I need to get items from a goose. Which I've only killed 2 of in the past

I have more trouble finding a rat then getting skins/ bones
��

Yeah, foxes and boars are everywhere, but where are the rats and racoons?

I've revealed the whole map and I can still barely find them. :/

Use harvest arrows while hunting for items people.

I do. That's why I got fish skins (rare) instead of bones (uncommon).

Tigress

Yeah, foxes and boars are everywhere, but where are the rats and racoons?

I've revealed the whole map and I can still barely find them. :/

I do. That's why I got fish skins (rare) instead of bones (uncommon).

Heh. I see raccoons all the time and I just ran over a rat with my strider today. Though other than the ruins Aloy falls into that's the only time I've seen a rat in the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
Heh. I see raccoons all the time and I just ran over a rat with my strider today. Though other than the ruins Aloy falls into that's the only time I've seen a rat in the game.
Do you scout the environment with you focus for animals specifically? I've been doing that a lot recently to farm for specific pouches, and all the animals seem to be quite common.

I definitely don't see them as often when I don't scan, they're quite well hidden amongst all the foliage.

Kaelan

Where do you sell special items? Like the metal flowers and ancient vessels? I tried selling them to the speciality merchants, but they never come up in the selling category.. (In meridian btw)

cheesekao

Where do you sell special items? Like the metal flowers and ancient vessels? I tried selling them to the speciality merchants, but they never come up in the selling category.. (In meridian btw)
There's a specific NPC for each collectible. Roam around the city to find them.

I wouldn't really say its the best but it is definitely the most stats:

49% Corruption
20% Tear
11% Freeze

All on one mod.

I've got a similar one, though it's just a little worse (46% Freeze, 19% Tear, 11% Corruption)
Unfortunately no weapon makes full use of the mod properly, so it's not really better than a mod with two high stats. Great if you need it for multiple weapons with the Tinker ability though.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've killed like 5 tramplers and still no trampler heart :-/

So I should kill a trampler with harvest arrows?

Harvest arrows just increase the amount of raw materials you gather. If you knock off all the canisters of blaze you'll get more than if you just kill them and search.

Also, can't you just buy the heart?

silva1991

I stopped playing early yesterday, because stormbird was exhausting(still fun though) followed by 2 rock breaker assholes.

I don't think I did a single story mission yesterday too....

This is a cute little easter egg.

K3D8cGL.png

wrongway

I'm way late to the party with this, but this evening I got into the first new area after you get your Special Hero's Adventuring Badge. Discovering where the game is set by way of stumbling across a vaguely familiar statue was a very cool moment.

Then I got blindsided by a sawtooth that was prowling the ruins, which turned into a perfect occasion to try my new ropecaster. What an amazing tool. :D

Loving this game. And lol at it being out of stock on Amazon now. got damn.

cheesekao

Have any of you guys fought the dual corrupted rockbreakers? I don't know if this is just sheer luck or what but I saw a ravager wandering around and robbed its laser canon. After I killed it, I noticed that a behemoth was having a tussle with the two rockbreakers. Needless to say, it didn't end well for any of them. Moments like this are the best part of the game for me.

This actually highlights another of the things I wasn't so fond of. I really hated how much I'd have to dodge in succession at times. It's probably hard to avoid considering the size of some of these enemies, but I do wish I'd not have to roll 5-6 times in a row just to try get some distance.

run slide into roll into run

TheFlow

Banned
Finally made it past the Nora area and man does it open up.

Got all the shadow weapons but the rattler

Discovered my first thunderjaw and thunderbird and nothing prepares you for that. Mind blown

Xeteh

Have any of you guys fought the dual corrupted rockbreakers? I don't know if this is just sheer luck or what but I saw a ravager wandering around and robbed its laser canon. After I killed it, I noticed that a behemoth was having a tussle with the two rockbreakers. Needless to say, it didn't end well for any of them. Moments like this are the best part of the game for me.

I just found that and hadn't fought a Rockbreaker before. I'm getting my ass kicked despite being overleveled, damn things just spend 90% of the time underground.

Guys can we PLS keep stuff like easter eggs in spoiler tags!?

Harvest arrows just increase the amount of raw materials you gather. If you knock off all the canisters of blaze you'll get more than if you just kill them and search.

Also, can't you just buy the heart?

I guess I can. The vendors in meridian are so hard to find I don't even know which one sold that stuff. Thanks though, it's better than farming those things for hours

Found it! Can't believe I wasted all that time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom