• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, how are you guys with the dialogue wheel, do you guys listen to every single extra line or just straight to end the convo to get going? It's kinda bringing the experience down for me listening to everything but don't want to miss stuff lol.

silva1991

Question, how are you guys with the dialogue wheel, do you guys listen to every single extra line or just straight to end the convo to get going? It's kinda bringing the experience down for me listening to everything but don't want to miss stuff lol.

It depends if I'm interested in the subject or not.

If I'm genuinely interested, then I'll listen. Don't make yourself do things you don't want to do ;)

TTG

Currently getting my ass handed to me by all kinds of enraged charging dinos. The number of machines that can one shot me is a lot bigger than I would have thought, one time it was a corrupted ostrich dino for Christ's sake.

It would help if I could count on the stealth marker to be accurate, but nope. I'm assuming one kick from a longhorn isn't an insta kill on lower difficulty settings?

I listen to practically everything. They're good to give me more details about the lore and backstory of the places/tribes/characters/. Sometimes a new dialogue option can also pop up which won't be available before you chose certain lines.

The desert/red rock area is just so beautiful. Colors ive never seen in an open world.

From distance, yes. But if you look at the rocks up close, they are rather low res actually.

Karu

I care about a subject in general. I don't care about every opinion on a given subject from every no name looser out there, though. So...it depends. As I progress I tend to loose interest in general in that stuff, though. Not strong enough in both presentation and writing to keep me engaged in every little detail. Just wanna use my bow and wreck some dinos.

This is what fighting Rockbreakers looks like.
traffic_jumper.gif
I need to see this in video form

Go to the second hunter challenge location. it's not alone though an might alerts tehf ire one and some striders.

The Valleymeet Hunting Grouds (the second hunting lodge) has both the fire and ice bellowbacks just outside for its trial missions.

The forest southwest of the map has a good amount of animals if you need them. But you can find them everywhere, really. The stream/river nearby the very first tallneck you encounter should have plenty of fish.
Thanks guys I'll check them out later

Xeteh

How do you beat the stealth Hunting Ground? I tried doing the trials but the stealth kill watcher trial and the crab loot trial are impossible in the time they give you T_T

Any tips?

Are you wearing the stealth armor? Its super strong and with it I had almost no issue with both of those. The crab loot one was tight because of how spread the 4th cache is but it shouldn't be too much of an issue when things barely even notice you.

I'd pay £10 for a DLC storage box at Rost's house

Do tearblast arrows remain as overpowered as they are for me now, just leaving
Meridian
?

Also, are all purple mods of roughly equal quality, or do you get better stuff from tougher enemies/quest reward boxes? Think there's room for legendary mods tbh. You start getting purple stuff so early in the game, it doesn't really feel like the top tier of gear. Would be cool if there were weapons locked in dungeons
like that armour I can't wait to unlock, even though it may well be shit

TsuWave

I listen to everything. why would that bring the experience down? its an rpg after all, and you could, you know, just go straight to the end the convo. I don't get it.

I'd pay £10 for a DLC storage box at Rost's house

Do tearblast arrows remain as overpowered as they are for me now, just leaving
Meridian
?

Also, are all purple mods of roughly equal quality, or do you get better stuff from tougher enemies/quest reward boxes? Think there's room for legendary mods tbh. You start getting purple stuff so early in the game, it doesn't really feel like the top tier of gear. Would be cool if there were weapons locked in dungeons
like that armour I can't wait to unlock, even though it may well be shit

If you're referring to the armor you need the special items
power cores
to unlock, it is decidedly not shit. But you can't unlock it until late-late game.

And later on Purple mods start having significant second and even third stat boosts, so they can be a little better than the earlier stuff you may have collected. But agreed, there is definitely rooms for legendaries here.

Congrats to everyone who platinumed this game. I really hope you can wait to the next upcoming blockbuster game.
Just curious: Is Platinuming this game so easy? Something like The Order 1886?

KZObsessed

Did my first Cauldron yesterday and it was great. Visually it was spectacular and had a great boss fight at the end. Got some good rare modifications as well. 2 x 40%+ freeze with other stuff I can't remember.

Ammogeddon

I pretty much spent yesterday just exploring.

There a some nice touches that may go unnoticed. If you go back to
Rosts grave Aloy will talk to it, telling him what she's been doing.
I guess this'll change when main quests are completed.

Hanmik

Congrats to everyone who platinumed this game. I really hope you can wait to the next upcoming blockbuster game.
Just curious: Is Platinuming this game so easy? Something like The Order 1886?

it is quite easy... doesn't demand much else than time... I think the most demanding part might be the hunting grounds.. but other than that, it is smooth sailing.

silva1991

I pretty much spent yesterday just exploring.

There a some nice touches that may go unnoticed. If you go back to
Rosts grave Aloy will talk to it, telling him what she's been doing.
I guess this'll change when main quests are completed.

Where is
Rost's grave
?

Putty

There's a lot they can improve. Like when I'm in my weapon screen, I can't just add mods to the weapon. I have to go into the crafting screen and select the mods menu. It's just very cumbersome and poorly designed. I also don't really like the look of it either.

Also good to know equipped items don't show up in the sell screen.

To be honest, a lot of your issues could be fixed pretty quickly, hopefully they do. Being honest the same UI issues i also think could be improved.

I like that we can craft ammo during combat and it adds some tension, but honestly the overemphasis on crafting is bringing this game down a bit for me. Why do I have to craft fast travel packs just to use fast travel? Just seems antifun. I mean it would be okay if I could easily purchase all the required materials from vendors but apparently you have to kill the random little animals like rabbits and such to get meat(?) I have not been doing that and never thought that hunting them would be so important...

Also need the same resource just to actually upgrade my resource pouch again. I have all the required materials twenty times over except for meat and there's no way I can easily go and get it...

Mini-rant aside... the robot combat can get really intense sometimes. Love it.

Edit: and my modifications satchel! Jeez.

GlamFM

Banned
Quick (stupid?) question.

Thinking about bumping the difficulty down to easy - can I still get the platinum on easy?

Or would it suffice to play the last mission on normal?

Hanmik

Quick (stupid?) question.

Thinking about bumping the difficulty down to easy - can I still get the platinum on easy?

Or would it suffice to play the last mission on normal?

none of the trophies are based on difficulty..

play on whatever difficulty level that suits you...

do certain vendors sell certain bows/weapons or do they all sell the same?

Not quite. Some merchant sell better gear. But generally there are only like 3 or 4 merchant 'tiers' throughout the game (excluding the special merchants). The further you go, the merchants will have better stuff in their wares.

melkier33

Was just thinking it would have been cool if they had kojima design an ancient armor stealth suit. Heck they could even have tied Kojima productions into the back lore data logs for it. Might be a little to much over the top but I think it would have been cool secret armor.

GlamFM

Banned
Was just thinking it would have been cool if they had kojima design an ancient armor stealth suit. Heck they could even have tied Kojima productions into the back lore data logs for it. Might be a little to much over the top but I think it would have been cool secret armor.

Great Idea actually.

Limality

Banned
I like that we can craft ammo during combat and it adds some tension, but honestly the overemphasis on crafting is bringing this game down a bit for me. Why do I have to craft fast travel packs just to use fast travel? Just seems antifun. I mean it would be okay if I could easily purchase all the required materials from vendors but apparently you have to kill the random little animals like rabbits and such to get meat(?) I have not been doing that and never thought that hunting them would be so important...

Also need the same resource just to actually upgrade my resource pouch again. I have all the required materials twenty times over except for meat and there's no way I can easily go and get it...

Mini-rant aside... the robot combat can get really intense sometimes. Love it.

Edit: and my modifications satchel! Jeez.

You can craft a Very Rare Travel Packs which you can then use infinitely! And it's very easy to craft, you should have most of the materials together if you've been hoarding everything...

Edit: I love this game...yes it borrows lots of elements from many Open-World/Action Adventure games and nothing's really new, but it's got this...handcrafted polish to it? Like bread from the supermarket can be good, but when you get the same bread at a great bakery, it looks similar, has mostly the same ingredients but it's just so much more delicious tasting than the supermarket bread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom