• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

people with ps4 pro on a 1080p tv- are you using 4k mode or performance mode?

I switched to performance mode last night.. the difference is so minimal...

BUT BUT BUT BUT.....

Resolution mode makes my PS4 Pro fans go crazy on the map.. like really crazy. There seems to be a bug here. The map is fine with performance mode, fans are nice and silent. They only go crazy in Resolution mode. I spent a lot of time on the map the last day, because I was collection metal flowers, vantage points etc.. and the fans made me scared.

so use performance mode.. if you value your PS4 pro. especially if you use the map a lot.
You can try it for yourself. Switch to resolution mode. Go to the map.. zoom all the way in, move around the map, and listen to your fans. Then do the same in Performance mode. The difference is staggering.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just got to the second area with the first longneck. I bought the maps from the merchant and there's a big cup symbol saying 'ancient vessel' in some ruins by the long neck. I scoured this area for 20 mins and couldn't find anything aside from an old watch and necklace. Am I missing something here? What should I be looking for and is it worth it?

It was sold out on Amazon UK too (I say was, possibly still is, can't check), I think GG have a really big hit on their hands and it's truly well deserved if so.

Has there been any early word on the sales? This game deserves to be the top-selling tier.

Floody

I just got to the second area with the first longneck. I bought the maps from the merchant and there's a big cup symbol saying 'ancient vessel' in some ruins by the long neck. I scoured this area for 20 mins and couldn't find anything aside from an old watch and necklace. Am I missing something here? What should I be looking for and is it worth it?

Has there been any early word on the sales? This game deserves to be the top-selling tier.

Look for Ancient Debris with your focus it'll be in one of them. I think the one you're looking for is by the nearby river.

Edit: Don't think so, should get some news from the Pal thread today though.

Okay so hunting trials. How do I remove canisters from bellowbacks?

Inbetween it's legs, Ropecast it and they should pop out for you shoot.

Ulong

How do you beat the stealth Hunting Ground? I tried doing the trials but the stealth kill watcher trial and the crab loot trial are impossible in the time they give you T_T

Any tips?

The crab one is easiest done by not trying to stealth at all, I ran to the first boxes, grabbed all 3, ran to the second group and got 1 in time before they were picked up. The stalker one is actually also easiest done by not trying to stealth at all, and to be honest you don't need to be too stealthy with the watcher one either if you have the quiet running skill.

Seriously, go try the crab one with making no effort to be sneaky.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Look for Ancient Debris with your focus it'll be in one of them. I think the one you're looking for is by the nearby river.

Thanks, I genuinely don't know how I could have missed it, nothing is showing up on the focus. Is the debris pile similar to the one where I found the other junk?

I listen to everything. why would that bring the experience down? its an rpg after all, and you could, you know, just go straight to the end the convo. I don't get it.
Lately they haven't been all that interesting and i tend to lose interest but alas my ocd getting the better of me. Was just asking to see how others felt. You don't need to get it lol

black070

Thanks, I genuinely don't know how I could have missed it, nothing is showing up on the focus. Is the debris pile similar to the one where I found the other junk?

I know which one you're talking about - it's the one a little past the building the icon appears on in your map, across the river. It gave me trouble too. :p

Floody

Should be, they are just small piles of rubbish, but will have a purple icon above instead of white or green. I found focusing through a wall or a floor and staying still can help, but they can be really annoying at times.

Markitron

I know which one you're talking about - it's the one a little past the building the icon appears on in your map, across the river. It gave me trouble too. :p

Thanks, I'll have a look again. I'm genuinely thinking that it's glitched or something.

JJShadow

Don't know about you guys but I cannot stop thinking about this game, it's unbelievably good. I'm here sitting at work just reading the thread and thinking about new combat strategies to try once I get back home lol

GlamFM

Banned
Don't know about you guys but I cannot stop thinking about this game, it's unbelievable good. I'm here sitting at work just reading the thread and thinking about new combat strategies to try once I get back home lol

Same. It´s incredible.

KooopaKid

Banned
traffic_jumper.gif

Is this real? Where does that come from?

bosseye

Took me ages to find that one (my first one) - its right on the edge of the search area on the other side of the river. Ancient debris pile with a little purple loot icon above it.

Also took me ages to figure out how to get up to the Vantage point in that area too. I was in the right building but couldn't see the little yellow grab ledge. Pro tip, run and jump to grab it, don't just jump.

Truant

The map / menus are rendered at 60 fps, which is why the Pro gets super hot and noisy at times.

While I appreciate the snappy menus, the abrupt change to 30 fps when you go back to the game is jarring.

I don't spend enough time in the save menu screen, just quickly check how long I've played for.

Does it tell you how much % you have completed, is there anywhere to see this stat?

Markitron

Took me ages to find that one (my first one) - its right on the edge of the search area on the other side of the river. Ancient debris pile with a little purple loot icon above it.

Also took me ages to figure out how to get up to the Vantage point in that area too. I was in the right building but couldn't see the little yellow grab ledge. Pro tip, run and jump to grab it, don't just jump.

Thanks. Work is gonna drag today, I'm already planning my evening to maximize my time with the game. I think the last time I did this was TLoU. This is a special game indeed, it's even keeping me away from Zelda.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What mods should I combine with rope caster in order for them to stick faster?

Raybunny

What mods should I combine with rope caster in order for them to stick faster?

I just put handling mods on it but wondering if tear will help in any way since the weapon got base tear stats to it.

Edit: Got my last stranded item. What will the reward be. ohohoh ( maybe nothing important but some info)

Ammogeddon

So I'm trying to do the carja slingshot tutorial quest but it's not registering when I hit a long leg or stalker. The quest is active but I'm getting nothing. Any ideas?

I don't spend enough time in the save menu screen, just quickly check how long I've played for.

Does it tell you how much % you have completed, is there anywhere to see this stat?
You can see your % in your notebook. I think it's under stats.

CrazyHal

I don't like that there's only one type of armor that offers physical protection. Every type of armor should have had offer at least some physical protection since every single machines in the game have physical attacks.

silva1991

37 hours to platinum this game, pretty fun. Hope there are witcher-like expansions coming out.

To me the best things bout this game by far are the combat and robots.

I want combat driven DLC like Dark Souls for it tbh.

More awesome and tough robots and maybe new weapons.

is there a way to toggle the slow down when aiming with your bow?

i need to hold l2, then hold r2, then push in r3 to trigger slow down of time then release r2 to fire. I'm finding this really tricky to get my head around

I don't like that there's only one type of armor that offers physical protection. Every type of armor should have had offer at least some physical protection since every single machines in the game have physical attacks.
You can add ranged and melee defense via mods to any armor with slots.

Honestly, I want DLC that just gives me a reason to keep playing around in the beautiful world they've created. More scripted content would be fine but I'd really prefer new gameplay systems that offer dynamic, emergent experiences. The foundation is already there.

Blitzhex

To me the best things bout this game by far are the combat and robots.

I want combat driven DLC like Dark Souls for it tbh.

More awesome and tough robots and maybe new weapons.

The combat with robots is amazing, but the combat with humans makes this game lose a few points, along with the sameish looking dungeons later on in the story. Minor problems, but this game could have been perfect.
I'd prefer a more story driven expansion though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would just like to say that having to wait 5 hours for this shit to download is kinda ruining my "impulse buy" moment.

Its not really a impulse when you have 5 hours to think "oh shit I shouldnt have wasted that 60€ fuck no no no" lol :p

fucking PSN :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any tips I should know going in (...in 5 hours >_>) now that peeps have been playing it for awhile? Im not one to mind spoilers so I welcome the tips.

valkyre

Can I get tips on resource management? I am constantly entering menus to drop things and I feel weird about not know which I should dispose and which to keep...

I have no further upgrades to my satchel...

Skux

I have to say the explosion physics in this game are terrific.

Set up multiple blast traps and let a charging machine run through them. It'll get knocked left and right in mid air all over the place. It's amazing to watch.

1.03 patch notes are:

"– Glitch fixes
– Progression fixes"

Skux

Can I get tips on resource management? I am constantly entering menus to drop things and I feel weird about not know which I should dispose and which to keep...

Anything that says it's only useful for selling for shards and trade, you can safely sell.

Any ancient relics can be sold as well.

I know. I meant that they should offer base physical resistance.
Yeah I'd agree, especially playing on Very Hard where it is easy to get one or two shot. It would be nice to have a base level of melee defense across all heavy armors.

Thankfully the really good armor mods can have 3 resistances so it is possible to cover most of the bases.

Zakalwe

Banned

Check a vendor, look at the weapons and armour you'll want to buy later and note the required components.

Sell everything but the amount you need.

valkyre

Anything that says it's only useful for selling for shards and trade, you can safely sell.

Any ancient relics can be sold as well.

I know some things are intended just to sell to traders for shards but again, i am at a point where i have to get rid actual crafting things and i dont know what crafts what so i am never sure i have to dispose things that I will later regret doing so...

Zakalwe

Banned
I know some things are intended just to sell to traders for shards but again, i am at a point where i have to get rid actual crafting things and i dont know what crafts what so i am never sure i have to dispose things that I will later regret doing so...

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom