• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Glinthawks are a fantastic example of the long tradition of cheapass, infuriating flying enemies in games. Until I got an upgraded ropecaster they were almost literally unkillable for me, and even now that I steamroll everything this side of a thunderjaw I still hate them.

Use Fire arrows on them. They drop to the ground and stay there forever letting you pick them off.

Can someone give me the best weapon setup to have with the best weapons in each slot?
I finished main quest and am about to do all the side stuff so want to be ready for everything. So want to buy all the best weapons first so I don't have to deal with merchants anymore.
I'm using the shield weaver outfit, its OP, although kind of weird/distracting with all the lights flashing every time.

meanspartan

About 8 hours in or so now, absolutely in love with this game.

I just got through the first "Factory" thing, Cauldron or whatever they call it. Very cool.

Biggest con so far is the title. "Horizon Zero Dawn"? Really? Will that make sense eventually? It is just three random words strung together.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished the main story quests last night at 60% completion. Can confirm feeling of emptiness.

I still have a ton of more stuff to do, but man. What an amazing story.

Im a one and done kind of dude so I always do everything possible before I finish games. I cant play after I finish a game, theres no point for me, the game is over :(

this is completly off topic, but its why im still relunctant to get Nier Automata, since apparently its all about replaying and getting different endings, which is just something I dont do :/

Playsage

Is the
Carja Sharpshot Bow
A good Bow
It's quite good. I used it for most of my playthrough. Tearblast Arrow is your best friend for disarming the machines and precision arrow is your only silent option for brutes early on.

Tip: never activate Concentration before drawing it, it's painfully slow. Also, forget about quick shotting with it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
finished the main story quests last night at 60% completion. Can confirm feeling of emptiness.

I still have a ton of more stuff to do, but man. What an amazing story.

I think im at the very end of the main quest and im basically delaying it as much as possible. Im finding every campfire and doing the most trivial of side quests. I know im going to be severely overleveled for the end of the main quest but i can't help it. Also im going to beat it again on very hard for sure.

I just got through the first "Factory" thing, Cauldron or whatever they call it. Very cool.

Biggest con so far is the title. "Horizon Zero Dawn"? Really? Will that make sense eventually? It is just three random words strung together.
Nope, it'll make perfect sense

I am so torn while playing this game.

Part of me wants to know what in the world is really going on here. What happened to the old ones? Why are these machines here? I NEED answers.

The other part of me is so engrossed in the world that I just uncheck the main story quest and roam the lands looking for whatever I can find.

I love this game lol

It will. ;)

NeoRausch

One more question:

I'm running out of fast travel packs.
When/where can I buy the one that will let me fast travel for free?
And what is it called?

Playsage

One more question:

I'm running out of fast travel packs.
When/where can I buy the one that will let me fast travel for free?
And what is it called?
Once you
exit the Nora lands/reach Meridian
it's available for purchase

Man, they really made the "no hud" mode extremely viable in this game

I am so torn while playing this game.

Part of me wants to know what in the world is really going on here. What happened to the old ones? Why are these machines here? I NEED answers.

The other part of me is so engrossed in the world that I just uncheck the main story quest and roam the lands looking for whatever I can find.

I love this game lol

All I can say is you will get the answers you're looking for. For even more info on backstory and lore, try not to miss any of the audio/text logs especially the ones in the old ruins.

vivekTO

Its either
Horizon vs Zelda(open world design) or
Horizon vs ME:A (animation) or
Horizon vs Nier (Metascore) etc..

Horizon is the Most referenced game of 2017 confirmed by me.Thanks.

Fjordson

Thought this was interesting, John Carpenter tweeted about Horizon:
That's dope. Pretty much sums up my feelings on the game perfectly.

The world and the story is really doing it for me. That alone is motivating me to find all the collectibles for any tidbits of lore or background info on the world. It's great.

I'm glad GG was able to put the small touches on the game.

I love being able to go back and talk to NPCs after a quest is completed to get an update. Just bits of dialogue that you can easily miss because the quest is finished and there's nothing telling you to go back and talk to them.

Wollan

From the GDC presentation:
gpubased-procedural-placement-in-horizon-zero-dawn-41-1024.jpg

gpubased-procedural-placement-in-horizon-zero-dawn-42-1024.jpg

Mere 4 people created and layed out the forests, flora & fauna... *applause*

I'm glad GG was able to put the small touches on the game.

I love being able to go back and talk to NPCs after a quest is completed to get an update. Just bits of dialogue that you can easily miss because the quest is finished and there's nothing telling you to go back and talk to them.

I went back to Mother's Heart with a Carja outfit and people made comments on that. Was positively surprised. :)

Finally got the Metal Shards to buy the Nora Survivor Heavy, But my question is the Nora Protector heavy is only 100 Metal Shards away but you also need a shell walker heart, Any idea where i can find that item?

I went back to Mother's Heart with a Carja outfit and people made comments on that. Was positively surprised. :)

That's pretty cool.

Unrelated but I also love the animation where Aloy scampers up a steep hill with her hands. That and a run after a slide. Fantastic animation work.

Finally got the Metal Shards to buy the Nora Survivor Heavy, But my question is the Nora Protector heavy is only 100 Metal Shards away but you also need a shell walker heart, Any idea where i can find that item?

I just bought mine from the merchant in Meridian.

pixxxelz

Just use the "create a job" option it should tell you where to find shell walkers.

I need the same, I asume you just have to kill some Shell Walkers and hope for the best. I don't fight them often.

VpomRurd

I need the same, I asume you just have to kill some Shell Walkers and hope for the best. I don't fight them often.

You do. It's the same for any heart or lens, just kill the named machine. It's RNG if it drops or not.
There is a merchant in Meridian that will sell some machine components, not sure which off the top of my head.

Playsage

Rare drop from Shell Walkers.
It's available for purchase in Meridian at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom