• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJShadow

Spent all last night hunting for Shell Walker and Bellowback hearts to buy the best stealth and combat outfits with no luck. The hunt will continue tonight.

If you don't want to farm, you can buy those components from one of the merchants you find in Meridian

Aloy gives no fucks while the world burns around her

ZwxtVdT.jpg

Where is this armor from?

Never mind you explained it already.

void666

Banned
I'm probably mid game and i'm already excited for a sequel.

Last night i killed my first stormbird. It was messy. I had no strategy. Stripped it off its weapons with tearblast arrows. Ropecaster to keep it grounded. Then used everything i had to kill it. That's some epic shit.

I disabled enemy health bars (and awareness). I love how you can tell their level of awareness and how much they're damaged just by looking at them.

valkyre

it's not the point of no return. i dont know why he says that.

that is my favorite hunting ground. All three trials are exhilarating. I love the Ravager's guns. Best fucking gun in the game. It shreds everything. Components and body parts go flying around, sparks fly as metal meets metal. It's beautiful. It's pure combat too. They put you in there with all these awesome enemy guns and tell you to go crazy. I was literally standing next to the Thunderjaw and shooting discs at the charging Ravagers with seconds on the clock. Thrilling stuff.

Its not the point of no return. However it does it to try to get you to do Vanasha's side quest first because it effects the world state.

Super! Thank you guys!

Josh378

Yo, Stormbird was a bitch to kill at first, but once you get the hang of it he is pretty easy to kill.

Rope him down, Freeze him, Shoot multi arrows at his body. Rinse and repeat. Easy way to get legendary attachments from them. Thunderjaw on the other hand....I expect one of them to suddenly transform into Megatron and chase me down...lol

Ricker

Just finished the long quest with Erend...one of the best NPC's in this game,I hope they find a way to have him back in Horizon 2 ;)

Kill3r7

Yo, Stormbird was a bitch to kill at first, but once you get the hang of it he is pretty easy to kill.

Rope him down, Freeze him, Shoot multi arrows at his body. Rinse and repeat. Easy way to get legendary attachments from them. Thunderjaw on the other hand....I expect one of them to suddenly transform into Megatron and chase me down...lol

Thunderjaws are relatively easy to take down. You can strip them of their arsenal pretty quickly using tearblast arrows. After that you can light them up on fire or use their own weapons against them. Rockbreakers are more of a pain especially if facing off against a pair.

I won't even lie. I'm not finished and I'm totally in love with this world. Currently just got to to Sunfall and straight up,
I want a Killzone-esque prequel stat.

Dave_6

I hit level 25 last night and I've yet to take on a Stormbird or a Thunderjaw. They intimidate the shit outta me so I try to avoid them, lol.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I'll never forget my first encounter with a Thunderjaw. Holy hell, it's like the Terminator mated with a T-Rex.

I met my first one outside a bandit camp on my way to Meridian (I think?). I did take it down, but I noped pretty hard when it started really firing off. Those things are savage.

Storm bird killed my Bellowback :((

Makes me sad when my override dies.

I think the overrides make the machines stronger. That's what I feel like anyways given how they always body the opponent. It makes the rare moments when your overrides get destroyed really stand out.

Ah shit sorry, edited it.

All good. I have learned just enough to make that connection (aka know who that is) but hadn't seen it yet personally.

MaKTaiL

Just checked. I am currently 62h in the game, level 50 already, and I'm not even close to finishing the main story. I get distracted all the time, I often go to places that are clearly meant for Story missions and I can't enter yet. I see a pack of Behemoths and I decide to kill them, etc. This game is awesome!

I've been playing on Very Hard since the beggining. At first a simple Sawtooth could be really tough but the great thing about Very Hard is that it forces you to experiment and plan other various strategies. Taking out a Stormbird is fairly easy for me now. I use almost all weapons at some point and I'm always swapping gear for the right situations.

JJShadow

Mmm maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but I think Corrupted machines can still attack you? I just used my corruption arrows with a Snapmaw to make him fight another one and when I got closer he began to attack me (and he was still Corrupted)

Just came across the first Stormbird last night and got my ass kicked a few times before I just left the area and gave up.

Whats the best way to bring this damn thing down?

This is the only tutorial I've yet to finish. 46 hours in and It's been stuck on my to do list for a while. I did try a couple of times but even with the tutorial active it didn't seem to register multi kills.

Will try again tonight as it'll bug me if I don't do it.
I just went to the first hunting grounds and shot a canister off each of the grazers with hard point arrows. That will bring them down to a sliver of health. Then all you need to do is get them to stampede, follow them and toss a bomb at the group. Rinse and repeat.

void666

Banned
Mmm maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but I think Corrupted machines can still attack you? I just used my corruption arrows with a Snapmaw to make him fight another one and when I got closer he began to attack me (and he was still Corrupted)

Corrupting is not the same as overriding. They will attack everything.

Yeah that's happened to me as well. Was surprising but it makes sense. You're not overriding them

^^beaten

Yes, corruption doesn't mean that the affected enemies won't attack you. They'll attack everything.

WITHE1982

I just went to the first hunting grounds and shot a canister off each of the grazers with hard point arrows. That will bring them down to a sliver of health. Then all you need to do is get them to stampede, follow them and toss a bomb at the group. Rinse and repeat.

Good tip. Never thought of trying it out there.

rezn0r

Are animal parts besides meat used for anything after finishing all crafting upgrades? Wondering if I can add them to the auto-sell list.

Are animal parts besides meat used for anything after finishing all crafting upgrades? Wondering if I can add them to the auto-sell list.

Merchants that sell maps ask for meat, but apart from that I don't think there is a need to keep it on you...unless of course you like crafting health potions.

ElyrionX

Just starting out and resources bag is filling fast. What do I sell and what do I keep?

Also, is gear and loot entirely randomized or is it possible to miss powerful stuff if I am not thorough or if I make the wrong choices?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just starting out and resources bag is filling fast. What do I sell and what do I keep?

Also, is gear and loot entirely randomized or is it possible to miss powerful stuff if I am not thorough or if I make the wrong choices?

You can upgrade the storage capacity for everything from resources to ammo. Just go to the crafting tab in your menu.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One thing I haven't seen in the game that I'm not sure exists is an actual heavy rain storm that includes thunder and lightning and I've been playing for a while now. Anyone know if this actually happens anywhere? If not Guerilla should think about adding that in for the future, maybe as part of a DLC expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom