• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Uhhh is this point of no return main quest a real point of no return?

There are
two points of no return. First one during Deep Secrets of the Earth is a pseudo one because you just can't do anything else for an hour or two while doing the mission. Second one is during the final two missions when you really can't go back until you beat the game. The game reverts back to just before the 2nd to last mission once you beat the game so that you can continue finishing up side quests/collectibles/etc.

calder

I'm pretty sure I did most all of the quests I found. There are still hunting trials to do, but it's going to be tight.

Each trials (when you get 3 blazing suns I think) complete gives you a skill point. I was also level 49 and needed like 6-7 skill points when I was just about ready to start the last missions and thought it wouldn't work but I had them easily beforehand.

Each trials (when you get 3 blazing suns I think) complete gives you a skill point. I was also level 49 and needed like 6-7 skill points when I was just about ready to start the last missions and thought it wouldn't work but I had them easily beforehand.

Looks like that will be enough, then. I can also get one from
An Acquired Taste
, which I have yet to do.

I reached 50 halfway through my play time, and by the end of the game I had everything unlocked and was still getting points for quests. I don't think it'll be that tight for you.

OTOH, I did all of the trials and got Blazing Suns.

I was running up the the dig where I would find
Olin
, and on the short run up there I managed to get entangled in two quests, fighting off an entirely new robot type, and getting into a huge brawl including at least four types of robots.

This game.

There are
two points of no return. First one during Deep Secrets of the Earth is a pseudo one because you just can't do anything else for an hour or two while doing the mission. Second one is during the final two missions when you really can't go back until you beat the game. The game reverts back to just before the 2nd to last mission once you beat the game so that you can continue finishing up side quests/collectibles/etc.

Thanks!!
i just stared the first one. And here i thought i was almost done.

Played another few hours today. I'm at lvl 22 with 16 hours so far. Spent a bit of time exploring the sacred lands as I had missed some quests. Now I'm beyond Daytower. Really enjoying the change in scenery but the machines I feel are getting tougher. I dread it every time I seen a flying one. I just can't damage them and keep dying.

Josh378

Why is Horizon: Zero Dawn sold out at Amazon but I can find it at any other retailer? Is it selling that good on Amazon or they were under stocked?

oh and BTW, Ropecaster with max Handling = nobody stops this train. lol at the Stormbird or Thunderjaw who trys to take me down...I tied them to the ground less that 5 seconds and kill them before they can even break the ropes. Ropecaster is BOSS.

Ok, I just finally got to Meridian. I am on level 49(K I had too much fun on the world map...so sue me)...lol at dominating the map with ropecaster + corruption arrows. I think in their next game, corruption arrows need to be a endgame weapon and ropecaster can be OP, so it needs to be tone down a bit until you get to the end game.

If they ever make an expansion, they need to make secret bosses that roam around the MAP for a challenge not just one Thunderjaw named Redmaw, who really was easy to kill. I am talking about mythical creatures Like Giant Legendary Dragons, Chimeras, Mecha Godzilla...etc. Make Dungeon Bosses real bosses, not upgraded health monsters of what I fight on the world map

Can anyone who has 100% the game tell me if I'm on track for it or if I've missed something? I'm at 98.00% and in the middle of the mission
The Looming Shadow

lunchtoast

Took down my first stormbird today. Also recently collected all the powercells for that armour, really nice. Just need to complete one more hunter trail. Also just finished the last Cauldron.

I like all the parts you can tear away from the bigger creatures.

Took down my first stormbird today. Also recently collected all the powercells for that armour, really nice. Just need to complete one more hunter trail. Also just finished the last Cauldron.

You talking about that bunker mission?
I went back there with one power cell only go find out i need 3 more!! Where are they?

After sinking in around 42 hours and reaching level 46, I think I'm done. I've completed every quest (excluding the hunting trials which I can't be bothered to do) and walk away satisfied.

It's great game and Guerilla should be commended for taking on a new genre and delivering such a high quality product.

It's not perfect. There's niggles here and there. But it's an excellent first effort overall and will surely spawn a franchise.

MaKTaiL

Profit!

JxiTeS4.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Wait - how do you have all the power cells but only just fought a stormbird? I only have one power cell and fought a stormbird ages ago

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Damn, is the tripcaster the most useless weapon in the game?

Nearly every other weapon offers a more viable alternative than dangling those silly cables in front of a charging enemy.

As for trapping, I can count on one finger the times I've successfully lured a herd into a bunch of cables.

The Nora hunting grounds don't count cause their paths are scripted by the terrain.

Wait - how do you have all the power cells but only just fought a stormbird? I only have one power cell and fought a stormbird ages ago

The story don't force you to fight a Stormbird until really late in the game. Same with side quests, the later ones face you against Stormbirds so, it's possible to get the armor before fighting it even once. Although I'm not sure if you don't have to beat it once to get the last power cell.

Nearly every other weapon offers a more viable alternative than dangling those silly cables in front of a charging enemy.

As for trapping, I can count on one finger the times I've successfully lured a herd into a bunch of cables.

The Nora hunting grounds don't count cause their paths are scripted by the terrain.

:O
It's almost a must early game since most enemies are stunned by it's electrical element. Later in the game you may use it for blast damage of fire status if you don't want to use Slings or need traps. Super usefull tool.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If you're fairly close to an enemy you can actually place blast tripwires right under them so they go off immediately. Some others I just like to use them to protect my ass from something sneaking up on me while I'm fighting something else.

zulux21

it's far more of a prep time weapon then combat weapon.

with the tripcaster you can
trivialize most larger enemies and the end of the cauldrons if you know what you are doing.

it's also the only weapon that allows you to have a thunderjaw go from full health to dead instantly :p

nothing serious spoiler wise but spoilered them anyways

Ferrio

Banned

Ya I think it sucks due to its unpredictability especially with multiple enemies. Rather just shoot the damn thing with the proper element or ropecast it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Tips to use the rope caster and the blast slings more were spot on.

Took down my first couple of Thunderjaws and Stormbirds without too much trouble by roping them, tear arrow in parts off and then blast slinging them to death (well also used the disc launchers from the Thunderjaws for those fights).

JJShadow

Well, I just learned about (BIG STORY SPOILER AHEAD)
what Project Zero Dawn is and GAIA
and my mind is officially blown. This story keeps delivering

The tripcaster is more of a prep weapon than anything else, just set up a few cables on the ground before attracting the machines' attention. Also it is extremely useful in Cauldron's final arena, just set up the cables surrounding that bubble shield where the final boss is and once you deactivate the shield, just enjoy the fireworks

Mindlog

Weird quirks just being up to the differences in how you play.

I never unequipped my Tripcaster. The Tripcaster can end any fight before it starts. In the middle of a fight it can even be very effective for moving CC. Stunning enemies lets you just keep running from crit strike to crit strike. This becomes a critical boon when there are multiple mobile enemies running around and trying to keep pace with camera movements is too cumbersome.

The first time I got my sling the pathetic arc on the weapon gave me such a bad taste that I almost never used it from that point on yet lots of people here sing its praises.

Would honestly nerf the hell out of the Tripcaster in a sequel. Traps should have a profile meter and placing multiples should make them that much more visible to enemies.

I just
recovered the master override

Im hoping this sci fi mumbo jumbo wraps up soon so i can back to the gameplay. It feels like its been one big info dump ever since Lt. Daniels showed up.

When its all done ill just read a wiki because im all the way checked out on the backstory.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm curious to know if this is consistent across all player experiences or unique to the player. Spoilers slightly below for a side mission fight:

In the tale of Redmaw 2 it states that how the mercenaries were killed. For me it was six shot, three blasted which I did actually do. Is that the same for everyone?

What's the one machine that still give you guys trouble? for me it as to be the Sawtooth, I Can easy down a thunderjaw. But when it still come to the sawtooth it always a struggle.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Well, I just learned about (BIG STORY SPOILER AHEAD)
what Project Zero Dawn is and GAIA
and my mind is officially blown. This story keeps delivering

The tripcaster is more of a prep weapon than anything else, just set up a few cables on the ground before attracting the machines' attention. Also it is extremely useful in Cauldron's final arena, just set up the cables surrounding that bubble shield where the final boss is and once you deactivate the shield, just enjoy the fireworks

it's far more of a prep time weapon then combat weapon.

with the tripcaster you can
trivialize most larger enemies and the end of the cauldrons if you know what you are doing.

it's also the only weapon that allows you to have a thunderjaw go from full health to dead instantly :p

nothing serious spoiler wise but spoilered them anyways

goddam that cauldron tip actually makes sense

gonna abuse it now lol

I'm curious to know if this is consistent across all player experiences or unique to the player. Spoilers slightly below for a side mission fight:

In the tale of Redmaw 2 it states that how the mercenaries were killed. For me it was six shot, three blasted which I did actually do. Is that the same for everyone?

Those books are the same for everyone I presume. There was a bug before the latest patche where you could read the books before even starting the quest so...
I got the whole quest spoiled for that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom