• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tearblast the gun off the Ravager go grab it and kill an entire group in about 30 seconds. Very easy and very satisfying.

I was fighting two Ravagers last night and two Shell carrier guys joined in and started whooping my ass so I had to retreat. I must have gotten close to the edge of their "zone" because they started backing off but I knocked off the Ravagers gun and started chasing the whole group to get my revenge...

"Where ya'll going!? We just getting started!"

girl-with-machine-gun-gif.gif

Beat the game last night. Loved it.

It's weird, this is the first time that I've actually really wanted an online horde mode in a game. The enemies are just so fun to fight.

thenexus6

Just kind of gear should I be looking to buy?

Bow, Armour and anything else? I currently have a Carja hunter and sharpshooter bow and the basic tripcaster and blast sling.

Damn the audio and data logs in this game are some of the best and most effective I've experienced in a game. At the
zero dawn facility
, I love how here and at
the grave hoard
, the use of before and after logs, and especially
the edited soldier logs
extrapolate on what happened in different manners. Really great, and a total success.

zulux21

i really think this game has huge potential to be a monster-hunter-eque MP game.

yeah.... I was thinking about how horizon's combat is basically monster hunter, just done in an actual interesting way instead of well monster hunter.

I was thinking for a sequel they should allow you to team up with other players to take down really huge machines and larger packs of enemies. Though it could also be something they work on for the dlc expansion of the game (if there is one) to actually add multiplayer hunts similar to monster hunter in the game lol.

Zackat

So uhh.... what outfit is that? Out of curiosity...

carja fire outfit I believe. probably one of the green or blue versions

How does everyone recognize Aloy as one of the Nora?

her clothes probably.
she was effectively camouflaged wearing the shadow carja gear in their area after she messed with their shit

also, her reputation precedes her. her hair is an easy identifier

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How do I fast travel?

You find/buy/create fast travel kits, can't do it directly unfortunately. You can only fast travel to camp fires or settlements, can't point to the worldmap at a location and travel there.

Later in the game you can buy an 'infinite' fast travel kit item which lets you fast travel infinitely.

How many main story missions are there?

22 iirc

Wearing my favorite outfit. So sexy.

Same one I used throughout the whole game on my first play through.

Kicked it up to 'very hard' on my second play through, so I need to utilize my tools a bit better. Very hard is amazing in combat btw. Much more satisfying than it already is.

Would someone mind tell me how far into the game I am?

I just completed the mission where I went to investigate the woman that looks like Aloy, and ended up learning about the FARO company and how their robots went rouge.
Thanks.

Are there any maps or icon markers for data logs and the sort? I feel that these are so easy to miss, especially out in the open. The ones in buildings and caves are easier to find but I've probably missed a bunch by this point. Are most concentrated by things like vantage points and other points of interest? I rarely get involved with collectibles in open world games but these actually interest me because it gives a nice picture of the world before.

GeoramA

Playing every day since launch and I'm only 37% done. I guess I should stop dicking around...along with murdering every single creature I come across, lol.

Would someone mind tell me how far into the game I am?

I just completed the mission where I went to investigate the woman that looks like Aloy, and ended up learning about the FARO company and how their robots went rouge.
Thanks.

If it's the one in the
big tower
, then you are
only about 50% through the main quest

Map, hover over a bonfire or town, press R2. This will consume one travel pack, no travel pack --> no quick travel. You can buy a golden travel pack with unlimited charges a bit later in the game.

You find/buy/create fast travel kits, can't do it directly unfortunately. You can only fast travel to camp fires or settlements, can't point to the worldmap at a location and travel there.

Later in the game you can buy an 'infinite' fast travel kit item which lets you fast travel infinitely.

Thank you!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are there any maps or icon markers for data logs and the sort? I feel that these are so easy to miss, especially out in the open. The ones in buildings and caves are easier to find but I've probably missed a bunch by this point. Are most concentrated by things like vantage points and other points of interest? I rarely get involved with collectibles in open world games but these actually interest me because it gives a nice picture of the world before.

Can't see one. I'm missing a ton. If they don't pick up in number soon I might just search for them in the internet and read/listen to them separately

aristotle

They aren't marked on the map but thanks to reddit, someone did it for us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/5yda2p/compiling_all_datapoints/

This thread should help you out

EDIT: Beaten!

Beat the game last night. Loved it.

It's weird, this is the first time that I've actually really wanted an online horde mode in a game. The enemies are just so fun to fight.

Not once during my 72 hours playing this game did I think it needed an online mode. But not gonna lie, this idea of yours is pretty fucking cool. Having an onslaught of RoboDinos to take out in say timed trials or killing time with just the right strategy to compare against leaderboards would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom