• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
hardest for me is a toss between the shellwalker loot and the ravager vs thunderjaw. shellwalker was only difficult because i didn't know there were two separate caches. both of those took very precise timing though. the glinthawk one was only hard the first time but that was because i had just came from the east and didn't really have anything good yet.

oh yea dude, i couldn't find the loot the first few times i tried that challenge.

I restarted that trial like 5 times because the other 2 watchers are so far.

The Thunderjaws trials are the ones I had trouble with getting full sun. I had to ignore the Thunderjaw while killing 2 Ravagers with the disc weapon under 2 mins.

I think for that challenge, i shot off the ravager weapon, then used it to kill to 2 watchers and the challenge completed.

I'm glad I cleaned up everything else before getting on with the main quest, because it's all quite addictive. I was enjoying the contrast between the tribes, but I wasn't particularly interested in the politics of the world until arriving at
Sunfall
. You have my attention, Horizon! There are so many beautifully designed supporting characters, too, it's just ludicrous. I'm thoroughly enjoying Aloy's interactions with
Lance Reddick, whose character name I keep missing the proper pronunciation of. Aloy is 100% more pissed offf and sarcastic with him, it's great. It's like she replaced Loving Father Figure Rost with Adopted Dick Dad Lance Reddick.

The scale main quest line seems to walk somewhere inbetween the cinematic scale of Uncharted, with the more perilous player interactivity of the Tomb Raider reboot. Probably closer to Tomb Raider. (Horizon and Aloy continues to be everything I wanted from the Tomb Raider reboot, just, you know, a long way into the future plus robots!)

Thank you to the Gaffer who mentioned having duplicate bows with specializations. It was exhausting changing mods, and changing between OP fire bow and OP hardpoint bow at the flick of a button is so goooood.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Lol, glinthawks are piss easy. Just hit there breatsplate to expose the coolwater pouch, then hit that with piercing arrows two or three times and it'll blow up on them. Drops them to the ground where they'll either die on impact or need another arrow or two to die.

Honestly, once you figure out the weak points the monsters are easy enough to outmaneuver and damage. Some may be finding fights difficult if they aren't moving, and if they aren't utilising the slowdown on zoom in.

mamoui

Is there a complete list of side quest somewere? I read earlier in the thread That there is 22. I have 21, but all the lists I find online have only 20.

This area will be important later. What's cool is that you finding it early will be remarked on by Aloy when its significance comes to light.

Turn back; You can't do anything there now.

I think I know where you are, I had the same problem since it wasn't very clear. There is a little plank you have to run and jump over, then you are on a little ledge with water below, don't fall into the water. You have to run (click stick) and catch the ledge on the far side. It is dark, and I couldn't spot a way to do it without running, but there is definitely a ledge there you can grab onto, and then another ledge higher on the right to get you up. I take it you are on the mission that took you the ruin and aren't just exploring?

Damn, I am just exploring! I guess I'll leave that for later then. Kinda weird it lets you come to these places actually. They should just have a closed gate or something. I love exploring but if it looks like hidden places that are actually parts of the story later... It feels like timewasting. Anyway, thanks for the answers

Skill tree question
On level 50 but i still need 5 more points to finish all the skills? I haven't finished all the errands and all the side quest and also still have one more cauldron to do, Will completing all those give you the reminding 5 points

Cubed

Skill tree question
On level 50 but i still need 5 more points to finish all the skills? I haven't finished all the errands and all the side quest and also still have one more cauldron to do, Will completing all those give you the reminding 5 points
Easily. Don't forget Hunting Trials.

shiba5

hardest for me is a toss between the shellwalker loot and the ravager vs thunderjaw. shellwalker was only difficult because i didn't know there were two separate caches. both of those took very precise timing though. the glinthawk one was only hard the first time but that was because i had just came from the east and didn't really have anything good yet.

Was the Shellwalker trial suppose to be stealth? I stealthed to the first cache and looted two boxes and then ran like hell over to the second cache. The Shellwalker picked one box up, but I only needed one more and grabbed it before he could take that one too.

Was the Shellwalker trial suppose to be stealth? I stealthed to the first cache and looted two boxes and then ran like hell over to the second cache. The Shellwalker picked one box up, but I only needed one more and grabbed it before he could take that one too.

yea i don't see how you stealth that trial in 50 seconds.

That's the one. Thank you!

In case you need help finding the location, here:

17191937_10212406034815047_7011496928886066000_o_zpskdoc0hsg.jpg

Kvik

I find it very enjoyable to let loose a few corruption arrows to a pack of glinthawks and just hang back, picking up herbs and hunting wildlife whilst the fight ensues, only comes back for harvesting their parts once its over.

Also sometimes a convoy came past, so I shot it too. Sweet, sweet purple cargo.

Easily already one of my favorite games, and goddamn I've been waiting for something like this since ... I don't even remember. I missed console gaming, too :(

burgerdog

Does the game show you the location of all side quests after you beat the game? I missed an errand but i'm not sure if the quest appeared because the spawn point after beating the game is super close to the quest I missed.

It's funny when you're nearing the end of the story
where Aloy returns to All Mother having learned all this mumbo jumbo about Zero Dawn, and then you can see the look on her face having to deal with her tribe's nonsense again

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It's funny when you're nearing the end of the story
where Aloy returns to All Mother having learned all this mumbo jumbo about Zero Dawn, and then you can see the look on her face having to deal with her tribe's nonsense again

Once she
has to leave the children's quarters and return to her tribe you could tell she was not at all wanting to deal with their ignorant bull shit when she just had her world turned upside down herself.

Once she
has to leave the children's quarters and return to her tribe you could tell she was not at all wanting to deal with their ignorant bull shit when she just had her world turned upside down herself.

she's clearly conflicted. on the one hand, she's learned that their ignorance is not their own fault, but the guy's who purged apollo. on the other hand, they treated her like shit (and some of them still do), so she owes them nothing.

bowld

These graphics are mind blowing. 4k HDR is insane!! The way the sun and moon light shine through the trees and grass has me in awe

Cubed

So... glitch?

I've hit all 23 grazer training statues, but the stats page only says 22 and the trophy won't pop. It's the last one I need before I earn my Platinum, too.

Is this a known problem?

ISee

So... glitch?

I've hit all 23 grazer training statues, but the stats page only says 22 and the trophy won't pop. It's the last one I need before I earn my Platinum, too.

Is this a known problem?

No idea which guide you used, but there is one out there missing one statue. I was in the same situation.

So... glitch?

Is this a known problem?

There are grazer dummies in Meridian area that won't count to that trophy.

Make sure you pinned down the ones in snowy area, from Nora region to some parts of Nora-Carja border.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Level 37, found all the ancient vessels, gonna finish up the figurines, the metal flowers, the vistas and those last three power cells, and then continue the main story (currently at the
dark secrets of the earth
quest).

MastAndo

I'm starting
The Mountain That Fell
mission - how far am I until the end? Not that I'm trying to rush through, but snow day tomorrow, so wondering if I can beat it then.

I need to stop just hammering the main quest line but I can't as I'm finding the story just too compelling, I need to know what happened now. I have my suspicions where the story is going
im getting terminator/matrix vibes especially matrix how humans block out the sun to stop the robots. Sounds like zero dawn is a nuke that is going to be set off with a few humans safe to repopulate the planet

Gradly

I'm starting
The Mountain That Fell
mission - how far am I until the end? Not that I'm trying to rush through, but snow day tomorrow, so wondering if I can beat it then.

After that pretty much you reach the
final 2 missions / point of no return until the end of game

I need to stop just hammering the main quest line but I can't as I'm finding the story just too compelling, I need to know what happened now. I have my suspicions where the story is going
im getting terminator/matrix vibes especially matrix how humans block out the sun to stop the robots. Sounds like zero dawn is a nuke that is going to be set off with a few humans safe to repopulate the planet
Ehhh

Didn't find the story all that compelling. I called it from a mile away and is essentially magic disguised as science fiction.

Maybe if I didn't predict it I would have liked it more.

robotrock

Banned
This game is hard as fuck. I'm shooting the weak points but most every machine feels like it takes a bit too long to kill and I'm just running around trying to avoid stuff and get in my shots. idk should I be getting a better bow or better arrows or something

just did the fight with two corrupters my ass got whooped. took me a whole hour or two on that. I know i suck but some help or some confidence would be nice

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man I kinda hit that "hmm I think im ready to be done with this" moment, that click in the brain, yesterday when I got to a village for a sidequest and there were 2 more sidequests there, and i bummed me out.

I was very tired/sleep deprived from working graveyard shift the night before tho, and I kinda have Zelda on the brain lately (just like I had Horizon on the brain before buying it which also kinda ruined other games), so im not sure if I was just messed up yesterday from a combination of both, ill see how I feel later today. If I still feel the same, I guess Ill do a bee line for story missions, which ive been negleting for ages now clearing up all the content (im at about 35 hours)

This game is hard as fuck. I'm shooting the weak points but most every machine feels like it takes a bit too long to kill and I'm just running around trying to avoid stuff and get in my shots. idk should I be getting a better bow or better arrows or something

just did the fight with two corrupters my ass got whooped. took me a whole hour or two on that. I know i suck but some help or some confidence would be nice

Do you have a ropecaster? If so, use it on one of them. If not, load a previous save and buy one.

Ropecaster ties down a machine for a good 90 seconds (provided you don't attack it). Enough time for you to focus on one when fighting multiple enemies.

Edit: Additionally, I think I know where you're at. Clear the bandits first before engaging the corruptors, it'll make the fight much easier.

GlamFM

Banned
So... glitch?

Is this a known problem?

There was one I had to hit twice because it didn't fully fall over.

Chaucer

This is the most satisfying melee I've ever played in a game.
The frustrating thing with the tripcaster is the machines always seem to go around my trips. And many times jump OVER it. Need to step farther back I guess.
The moment I realized how useful the ropecaster is...so great. Love what it adds to your strategy and pivoting around the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom