• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quidam

So what weapons should I be buying and experimenting with? For now, all I have is my bow, spear and tripcaster. Do I also want the sling / ropecaster / rattler?

PUw0RPt.gif

HvySky

Just finished the game at 35 hours, level 49. Still plenty of stuff for me to go back and do but I'll probably put in on the shelf for now considering I still have Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Nioh, NieR, and Night in the Woods to play. And that's not even considering Mass Effect Andromeda and Persona 5 over the next few weeks! Some DLC would probably be enough to rope me back in.

Ending was perfect. I had hit a bit of a wall last time I'd played, which I'd mentioned here as well, and was worried about how the rest of the game would handle itself from then on out. Thankfully once I'd finished that particular mission, things picked right back up and finished out very strong. Aloy is an amazing character and I will love to see more of her in the future. Horizon is definitely going to be a good argument for one of my favorites of 2017.

Kudos, Guerrilla. You knocked it outta the park.

Finished up the final quest and snagged the Platinum this morning. I really have only one major complaint about Horizon: Zero Dawn.

This game has literal metal Chocobos and I cannot ride them.

Y'all fucked up, Guerrilla.

Zackat

Finished up the final quest and snagged the Platinum this morning. I really have only one major complaint about Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Lol I thought we were going to be able to for sure.

Holy abs, Vanasha.
She has 3 different costumes so I'm guessing someone on the dev team really likes her
AND I CONCUR

There's always a sequel or expansion to rectify that. Oh and it's "Fix this shit, GG" ;)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Where you guys getting your stats from, your playtime and all that shiz?

Playtime is listed in the save file (top right corner) on manual save files. Just make a manual save and then go to make another one and look at the time on the top file (it's the one you just saved).

Other stats on enemies killed etc are in the menu in game.

AtkO

I've had a sandstorm at a perfect moment, took my time to get some amazing shots of the atmosphere it creates.

PxhueXw.jpg

maShvTW.jpg

521u3df.jpg

ytjJqAb.jpg

D9Sp7i7.jpg

I still can't believe this is something in game, the best part is it looks even better in game and in movement, there's heavy compression in those shots.

sbSxqGZ.jpg

fmGezes.jpg

And one last, but it triggers me.

2jYfjbS.jpg

The Tallneck is ever so slightly off-center :'(

I've completed 10% of the game and had a question about weapons. At the moment I'm fucking around and randomly killing robots for the fun of it. I know there are freeze arrows and all that shit, do I get them through completing the main missions or do I need to go to a specific vendor?

I don't care about story (thank fuck for being able to skip the chit-chat) and want better weapons, I have to assume that the best weapons will only become available as I progress through the actual main missions. I think I should go hard into the main missions and when the world opens up a bit, dick around again.

Killed a Stormbird. It took literally 15 minutes, the bugger just wouldn't stay still. Even pinned with ropes it kept rotating to face me so I couldn't get a shot at his blaze cannisters. Got most of his engines off except for two which I couldn't hit. And then an Npc got the final strike in and I don't believe I got the XP.

Killed my first Sormbird in just over 6 seconds. Carried a heavy weapon from a bandit camp for about 10 minutes to bring this bird down. It was quite comical as he didn't have a chance.

Mathieran

Banned
I've completed 10% of the game and had a question about weapons. At the moment I'm fucking around and randomly killing robots for the fun of it. I know there are freeze arrows and all that shit, do I get them through completing the main missions or do I need to go to a specific vendor?

I don't care about story (thank fuck for being able to skip the chit-chat) and want better weapons, I have to assume that the best weapons will only become available as I progress through the actual main missions. I think I should go hard into the main missions and when the world opens up a bit, dick around again.

You just need to travel further west and more vendors will start offering better gear. You'll need different parts from machines plus shards to purchase them.

VanWinkle

I finished last night. 41 hours in and I was around level 37 or 38. I will probably do the rest of the side quests/errands and maybe the bandit camps and vantage points.

Incredible game.

The Disc Launcher is so broken it's funny. Took
Redmaw
down to 50% health, and completely forgot about the launcher laying there. Took him from 50% to about 5% in 5 seconds flat :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Me against three tramplers at night with a friendly watcher. There was like a ring of fire around me. I just kept thinking holy shiiiii

GlamFM

Banned
Funny how GG has completely changed tiers over the last couple of months.

At least in my perception.

They went from OKish first party studio to top tier developer and maker of Kojima's new engine.

Must be fun times at Guerilla right now.

Kojima-at-Guerrilla-Games-7.jpg

So what weapons should I be buying and experimenting with? For now, all I have is my bow, spear and tripcaster. Do I also want the sling / ropecaster / rattler?
Yes on both slings
Double yes for ropecaster
Ymmv for rattler. Personally I'd recommend it against humans and to stun/freeze enemies who like to get up close and personal
The combat in this game is really something else.
The combat is just polished and feels good to control

lionpants

For those playing on an OLED TV...

Do you find the lighting too dark at times? The lightning just drastically changes when running around and moving the camera. Specifically night time. When I move the camera around at night, the scene will go from perfect visibility to very dark.

I mean... I guess it's realistic but I honestly think it's a bug with the lightning engine or something that maybe isn't as visible on an IPS panel. It does it during conversations too when the camera angles change.

EDIT: Did some googling. This guy explains it better.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...ne-playing-horizon-zero-dawn-hdr-lg-oled.html

Is there an actual quest that involves Petra ?

I've only met her for the first time in the last story mission.

I need to see more of her, it's important you guys

Yes, a quest and an errand. Talk to people in Free Heap, someone will give you a quest, eventually it will involve Petra.

Go to Free Heap, like someone else said. It's in the eastern part of the Carja lands, right past the northern gate from Nora territory.

Petra's pretty awesome. One of my favorite side characters, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom