• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacebar

I just finished and got the Plat. What an incredible game GG. I was pretty confident when I made this post, but this game exceeded my expectations.

If anyone at GG is reading this you deserve all the success in the world for this effort. Great story, solid gameplay, and insane graphics.

I'm really hoping you can expand the next game and create more characters for the universe to go along with Aloy. Whatever you do I'll be there day one.

I just finished and got the Plat. What an incredible game GG. I was pretty confident when I made this post, but this game exceeded my expectations.

If anyone at GG is reading this you deserve all the success in the world for this effort. Great story, solid gameplay, and insane graphics.

I'm really hoping you can expand the next game and create more characters for the universe to go along with Aloy. Whatever you do I'll be there day one.
Nice prediction, I think GG surprised a lot of people, including me. Horizon 2 will be glorious I'm sure

Played one hour, just past the Disney montage section.

Super impressive. Even though it's just the early parts, there's a sense of cohesion that I never expected from GG. Emotional out-the-gate and didn't feel forced.

Wollan

Returned to Bloodborne DLC after having Platinumed Horizon. Controls & framerate are quite more syrupy (even w/Pro Boost mode). What have you done Guerrilla...

Finally got my platinum. The horses trophy was just dumb imo.
I may have gone through this entire game without remembering that R2 was the heavy spear attack. Woulda made things a touch easier :)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Holy damn I just got to the
top North ruins where the stormbird cinematic plays
and jeez that left me mouth agape. The environments are just fantastic.

I guess I'm.not suppose to be there yet though, can't find a way any further up after a short climb.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Impressive, great team work.

Thanks!

Rockbreakers are such pain.

You said that about melee and yet people want better melee options more akin to Souls. :p
I agree with you tho, I like the melee options we have but Aloy shouldn't be able to knock a Ravager in one hit.

Yeah, she's like, what? 100lbs more or less?

She looks fit but damn, she's like Thor with a stick.

wapplew

COVJZSq.gif

Should've keep slow walking towards the camera, missed opportunity.

Radec

I can't remember the last time I kept playing a game after beating it.

This game is special. Guerrilla Gods.

Im now collecting collectibles for the plat and I'm getting distracted whenever theres a machine camp. So fun yo try things i haven't tried.
Shield weaver makes things so easy to experiment while in battle lol

Jblanks

Finished and Platinumed it earlier, and I feel empty now. I can't believe how good it was, hit me right in the feels a couple times. My favourite ps4 exclusive game;sorry BB, and a top 10 game all time for me. Clicked in around 70 hours and can't wait for DLC/expansion. Would give it a 9.5,just below Witcher 3 and just above Bloodborne for best game the last few years and all time scale. I literally had my face in awe when the credits started rolling, set my controller down, and started clapping to myself while tearing up a bit not going to lie.

GG GG.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm missing a bronze trophy for a 'defecting' mission which sounds like it would be earlier in the game (I've done the meridian quest line). Did I miss something or is it still to come?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
rip
what happens if i didn't choose to fight nil after clearing all the bandit camps

Not much. He goes "but..but..ok :(" and thats it.

He
comes to help in the final mission like a bunch of other NPCs and has some dialogue when you go to inspect the ridge defense preparations.

Wait what? I didnt get that?

Melchiah

So, are there any missable quests for platinum trophy, apart from Hunting for the Lodge that apparently might get glitched towards the end? And do you have to do all the Hunting Ground trials for the trophy? If so, I might pass on getting the trophy.

GlamFM

Banned
So, are there any missable quests for platinum trophy, apart from Hunting for the Lodge that apparently might get glitched towards the end? And do you have to do all the Hunting Ground trials for the trophy? If so, I might pass on getting the trophy.

Nothing is missable. You'll need all the hunting grounds, but you can turn the difficulty down to easy. Do it. Doesn't take that long & is not that hard.

Melchiah

Nothing is missable. You'll need all the hunting grounds, but you can turn the difficulty down to easy. Do it. Doesn't take that long & is not that hard.

Good to know, that you can adjust difficulty for the trials, since I don't really like their time limits. Thanks.

rizzo0

Does any one know if I can go back later and clean up the collectibles and any side quests? Or once I do the last mission thats all she wrote? Thanks

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Been pretty much exclusively focused on the main story for the past couple of hours playtime, and yeah... the combat against human enemies does kind of drag the experience down a bit. Doesn't ruin it mind, I still love the game, but there's no denying it is a poor shadow of the awesome machine combat. I just stealth kill as many of them as possible, then brute force my way through when I'm inevitably discovered.

I really like where this story is going though.

Edit: Why is it that people can't just take big spoilers to the damn spoiler thread. Honestly, why is that a problem...

What I'm really satisfied with is how well the game controls. For a 30fps game it's very responsive and has tight controls. I've had no hassles with them.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, the post was clearly marked that it was big spoilers, why did you click?

Maybe he clicked on it by mistake or something, don't really get his complaint but anyway, I deleted it just in case

The point is that if it's a big spoiler, like the end cutscene for example, why post about it outside of the actual spoiler thread at all.

People come into the OT to share their experiences of playing through the game, some will be halfway through, some will just be starting out, etc... Why take the risk of ruining a big part of the story for somebody. The spoiler thread exists for a reason.

And I never clicked on it, thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom