• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 85 hours and my completion says 99.44% ?

Did all main mission
All side missions
All Errands
All Bandit camps
All tallnecks
All Hunting grounds
All Cauldrons
All Corrupted zones
All the weapon tutorials

Found and lit every camp fire and every machine site?

What would i be missing

Do i really need to find all the datapoints?

GlamFM

Banned

Did all main mission
All side missions
All Errands
All Bandit camps
All tallnecks
All Hunting grounds
All Cauldrons
All Corrupted zones
All the weapon tutorials

What would i be missing

Edit: or not

I fucking love this game. I'm pacing myself through it, I only get a handful of hours a week to play and I'm spending it all on this right now. I have so much fun with the side quests and just killing every machine I come across. I'm worried I've leveled up too far ahead of where I'm at in he main story so I think I'm going to start catching up.

I fucking love this game. I'm pacing myself through it, I only get a handful of hours a week to play and I'm spending it all on this right now. I have so much fun with the side quests and just killing every machine I come across. I'm worried I've leveled up too far ahead of where I'm at in he main story so I think I'm going to start catching up.
I've said this once and I'll say it again; levels don't matter since you get your ass handed by any machine if you're not careful

It does feel like a survival game doing the main quest on very hard and not using mounts. The things I encounter while trying to reach a destination. Love it.

MaKTaiL

Did all main mission
All side missions
All Errands
All Bandit camps
All tallnecks
All Hunting grounds
All Cauldrons
All Corrupted zones
All the weapon tutorials

What would i be missing

Buy all Shadow weapons and gear. You need to have all of them on your inventory. Datapoints do not count towards 100%.

3GqDZ.gif

I've done 13 main quests. How many are there total?
21 main
22 side

How the fuck am I supposed to climb up to the Vantage Point by Devils Grief?

Is that the one in the ruins? There are yellow handholds somewhere on that building, just run around it until you find them. I would be more specific but that was like two weeks ago for me, lol.

You may be talking about another one entirely, but I hope that helps.

Sunhi should have been hired by a studio a long time ago. not only would he be a massive asset in the marketing department, he also has an amazing eye for lighting, action framing and camera work. he could even work with dev teams to provide valuable feedback on the overall look and feel of the game.

Sony marketing team needs to hire him so that every studio from ND to Santa Monica and GG are sending him clips he can make gifs off of. Screenshots and gameplay videos are so last gen. gifs are how you advertise your game in this day and age on instagram and twitter.
Why not both? You can use the gifs for videos too. The gameplay trailers are pretty much gifs strung together. And use the prettiest parts for screenshots.

Bam, ya got the full package!

SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW GUERRILLA WENT FROM KILLZONE TO THIS

I WANT ANSWERS
They hired some great devs based in open world game design + their own sexy graphics team (which was present in KZ) = A MASTAPIECE!

Oh and based the game around combat by bows and added cool mech dinos. And stuck to their vision no matter what.

The ancient armour is absolutely godlike. That is all.

I didn't like using it on Very Hard because it has no damage reduction when the shields are down. One unlucky string of hits and my whole life bar just went bye-bye.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW GUERRILLA WENT FROM KILLZONE TO THIS

I WANT ANSWERS

Really smart hiring.

I remember reading the threads about acquisitions they made during the last couple of years of feeling my hype rise.

J-Skee

So, after finishing the M
ountain
T
hat
F
ell
mission (major late game spoilers)...
will Ted Faro go down as one of the most heinous villains in video games? Fuck that guy, seriously.

Sullichin

Started this game yesterday. I was absolutely blown away by the introduction/opening hours leading up to spilling you into the open world. Holy shit, what a way to start.

Theman2k

100% - Check
Platinum - Check
All Datapoints - Check
Revealed every machine/town/merchent - Check
All tutorials - Check
All 22 side quests/14 errands/21 main quest - Check
Traded all collectibles - Check

Well I guess I'm done with game :(

10/10.

TIP: You can find human enemies post game in
the campfire of Cauldron XI

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Here is why I love this game:

After completing Cauldron RHO (pro-tip: disable any quest markers to make Cauldrons more interesting and challenging), I decided I would finally make my way to Meridian.

Keep in mind, I'm 20 hours in and haven't upgraded my suit nor have I put any points into stealth. I'm also playing on hard. This particular journey from the cauldron to Meridian took me through some of the most robo-heavy zones I've encountered yet. Snapmaws, Sawtooths, Behemoths, you name it. I'm quite decent at combat, but I love the fact that that doesn't matter if you're swarmed by multiple bots. You're going to die in seconds, and that's how it should be. So, instead of engaging and getting my ass whooped, I was forced to utilize stealth in the most organic and basic way possible to get by so many different types of enemies, and it felt so absolutely rewarding to scuttle past undetected and find a campfire, knowing I was a little bit closer to my destination. My journey took me through desert, through jungle, over hills and rocks and rivers, all painstakingly detailed.

Eventually I stumbled on Meridian, which is a sight to behold of course, but I couldn't find the right entrance, so I sort of went around and then found myself exploring the westernmost portion of the map and being treated to ancient red rock Death Valley-esque landscapes that look unbelievable with the rising and setting sun.

I'm so happy to be playing this.

Putty

Here is why I love this game:

After completing Cauldron RHO (pro-tip: disable any quest markers to make Cauldrons more interesting and challenging), I decided I would finally make my way to Meridian.

Keep in mind, I'm 20 hours in and haven't upgraded my suit nor have I put any points into stealth. I'm also playing on hard. This particular journey from the cauldron to Meridian took me through some of the most robo-heavy zones I've encountered yet. Snapmaws, Sawtooths, Behemoths, you name it. I was forced to utilize stealth to get by so many different types of enemies in the most natural and organic way possible, and it felt so absolutely rewarding to scuttle past undetected and find a campfire, knowing I was a little bit closer to my destination. My journey took me through desert, through jungle, over hills and rocks and rivers, all painstakingly detailed.

Eventually I stumbled on Meridian, which is a sight to behold of course, but I couldn't find the right entrance, so I sort of went around and then found myself exploring the westernmost portion of the map and being treated to ancient red rock Death Valley-esque landscapes that look unbelievable with the rising and setting sun.

I'm so happy to be playing this.

I'm welling up...

VanWinkle

I can't get over how amazing the whole components system is. Like, I adore the fact that if I don't want a creature to use a certain weapon or function against, I can just shoot that specific weapon/function off. It makes combat so much more interesting and creative.

geomon

Just finished the game and....I missed a fucking side quest at Sunstone Rock. Oh well, I'll get it later with the training dummies trophy and then the plat will be mine.

76 hours for me overall.

ActWan

Alright, all collectibles done. Now it's time to complete all of the sidequests and then continue on the main story! I reached the point were
I found Olin, and I found Ersa.
and I think I'm gonna be OP as fuck when I get back to it (already level 36 or 38)

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm about to start
The Mountain that Fell
. Only a few more missions to go!

I'm only missing a couple of Trophies, which is also nice:

• The one for getting all the allies, which should pop up naturally once I reach that point in the story.
  • The one for getting the Shield-Weaver armor, which I'm going to retrieve once I get the last power cell I'm missing.
  • The two or three story trophies I'm missing.

Fifth Platinum, here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom