• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

xviper

i like the game so far but the more i play it the more i realize that it is more similar to Far Cry than The Witcher 3's type of open world games

about enemies variety, i thought there was only 26, lol, you can still encounter enemies that are not listed in the journal, which means there are a lot more, not to mention the animals( i know they are harmless but i still count them)

apparently the game is cheap on money\shards

Polarburr

So I'm going in this game spoiler free in terms of all the enemies. holy hell am I excited to see what else is there apart from the first 3 robosaurs I encountered!!

noomi

Dynamic HUD is GOAT. They did this so well, you can just tap the touch pad and it will pop up again, and then disappear in a few seconds leaving the screen nice and clean.

Love it

vivekTO

Can some post this screen shot?

C5vlF24UoAAsVOg.jpg:large

Any D1 patch? Firing up the game later today and hoping to be able to play instantly

250 MB , I think!

Nice, just got my copy through from shopto, they deliver again. 43gb install the. Here we gooo haha. Is the dlc code live yet or will that only be redeemable tomorrow?

Squall516

It became a thing after RE7. They asked the publisher if they could do it and they said yes. It was successful so now they do it more.

Working at GS i've only ever seen maybe less than a handful of games that have released before the midnight release. And we had only found out about doing this one at 9pm a couple days ago (at least when they told us in the stores) But ya im really not surprised that they are doing this and going to try and do this more. Honestly, I would think themain reason is to save money on payroll. If they can hand it out at 9 (when...at least my store usually closes) then they only need someone there till like 10 maybe 10:30 as opposed to like 1am like it normally is for most midnights. And we have a few people come in between then and midnight but honestly really not a lot at all. That's 3 hours of payroll per person that they would have working for the midnight, and w.e it costs to keep the store open a couple more hours. So ya thats like pretty much at least 9hrs of payroll saved if they do it early and not wait till midnight. So ya i could tell you, its not really because of any other reason they are doing it other than it saves them money and is more cost efficient. But ya, I guess this is really the only time their greed has ever ended up benefiting the customer lol

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Preloaded and ready to go.

Love what I'm reading in here about the quality and variety of quests and such. Can't wait to settle down tomorrow night and just lose myself.

Makikou

Just wanted to come in and say that this game is already my GOAT and I've only played for like 5 hours wew.

The dialogue is amazing and it actually feels like Aloy has emotions and damn I really like her. Those eyes :eek:

Just finished the intro segment, and holy fucking shit this game is gorgeous in every way. I'm just playing on a regular PS4 and it's still absolutely ridiculous. It runs rock solid and there's so much detail to the world. It's not just about the visuals, though. The gameplay is fluid, the score seems lovely, and the story is interesting. I can already tell this game is going to be something special. Would love to play all night, but I've gotta save it for tomorrow.

level1

what can i trade with the Robotic hearts like
Sawtooth's
heart ? or should i just sell it ?

Most more advanced weapons have (not actually a spoiler but just in case)
machine part requirements to buy apart from just metal pieces. You can always sell them and then buy back (at a slightly inflated price) if you find out you need it

I'm really disappointed that the game seems to be a rather by-the-numbers, Ubisoft-esque open world game.

The reviews made it sound so much more than that.

It's gone from a must buy to a cheap buy when second hand. :(

KaoticBlaze

Young Aloy is so damn adorable.

I was trying to hold back those feels when she ran up with the berries in her hand and they turned her away for being an outcast.

The only other game thats ever made me feel like that from the very beginning was the intro to the TLoU when Sarah dies :-(

This game is amazing on so many different levels.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
I'm really disappointed that the game seems to be a rather by-the-numbers, Ubisoft-esque open world game.

Hijacking giantic robotic dinosaurs and setting them to fight against each other in a huge open world setting is now officailly 'by the numbers'.

God help us...

danowat

Banned

Seems to be?, have you played it?, I'll assume from your last statement you haven't, do you even own a PS4?

What exactly was the point of your post?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Ok, I'm getting confus here. So is this an open world RPG like TW3 or open world Ubisoft mediocrity? If it's like TW3 I'll get it tomorrow, if it's Ubi it'll be second hand or bargain bin.

kyser73

I think tonight is the first time I've been happy about Queensland's idiot decision not to use daylight savings, as it means my digital copy unlocks at 11pm instead of midnight :)

2 slow hours still to come though...

I already put in 4 hours in the game. This feels nothing like a Ubisoft open world. I'm getting Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider vibes.

Seems to be?, have you played it?, I'll assume from your last statement you haven't, do you even own a PS4?

What exactly was the point of your post?

Woah there, there's too much defensive attitude in this post to even know where to start.

Ok, I'm getting confus here. So is this an open world RPG like TW3 or open world Ubisoft mediocrity? If it's like TW3 I'll get it tomorrow, if it's Ubi it'll be second hand or bargain bin.

From the videos I've seen it looks a lot more like an Ubisoft game, kinda like Far Cry it seems.

danowat

Banned
Woah there, there's too much defensive attitude in this post to even know where to start.

From the videos I've seen it looks a lot more like an Ubisoft game, kinda like Far Cry it seems.

I haven't played it yet, I'll reserve my judgement till I do, but you've really got a hard on to discredit this game.

Surprised it's reviewed so well, it looked like a rather uninspired, Ubisoft-esque open world game to me.

Horizon looks like an open-world Ubisoft game, which usually review well, so add on some of the exclusive bias you usually get and I can't see it getting bad reviews.

I watched everything they showed at E3 and press conferences. Those demonstrations looked incredibly uninspired and run-of-the-mill.

Plus, like any exclusive, whether it's Sony, Nintendo or MS, you always get the dedicated fans who hype everything up to oblivion just because it's exclusive, so I avoid all of that noise.

SomTervo

Watching isnt the same as playing.

Apparently the actual combat and gameplay is a step above Ubi stuff, to say the least.

Crumpo

I already put in 4 hours in the game. This feels nothing like an Ubisoft open world. I;m getting Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider vibes.

Shh, we don't need opinions of people who have actually played the game, we need more hyperbole dammit!

Tell me more about how the robot Dino open world rpg is derivative...

Carcetti

Why would you say this when nobody who's playing the game here and sharing the impressions actually thinks this?

Tales from the Ass (tm)?

I haven't played it yet, I'll reserve my judgement till I do, but you've really got a hard on to discredit this game.

You quoted me being pleasantly surprised in the review thread mate. I was glad my impressions didn't seem to be right - but everything I've seen since has gone back on that.

Why would I try to 'discredit' a game in the first place? Madness.

Why would you say this when nobody who's playing the game here and sharing the impressions actually thinks this?

Tales from the Ass (tm)?

Because I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen for myself not on what other GAF posters tells me I should think?

Isn't that the point of having critical thought?

danowat

Banned
Why would I try to 'discredit' a game in the first place? Madness.

Exactly, I don't know what the point of your post is.

Again, "seems to be", how did you draw this conclusion?

Exactly, I don't know what the point of your post is.

Again, "seems to be", how did you draw this conclusion?

The point of my post was to voice my opinion on the game and how my perception of what it is has changed since the reviews hit - the whole point of the discussion forum you're on. Do you need to own the game and have played it to post in an OT now?

What sent me here was the Quick Look that Giant Bomb have done, which showed me a gameplay loop which seems entirely dull.

jtar86

I thought the beginning was super lame and young Aloy looked terrible. The game really picks up after that though. A couple hours in and I'm enjoying it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom