• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Please don't be a spoiler.

Nah, he's just fucking awesome

Kuldar

Have you been back there? I think there should be a man near the entrance that starts you on the errand.
Yes and he wasn't here. But I solved this issue. I did a story quest (the one with
Olin
) and after that he appeared.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Are a couple of Power Cells locations placed randomly? I asked because I scanned one behind some rock by a Scrappers Site but I died before I could investigate. When I went back to the site and cleared out the Scrappers the Power Cell was no longer anywhere to be found.

Humdinger

Level 20, loving the game. Given the Killzone stutters, I was afraid they'd flub it. But they didn't. They created a great RPG. Congrats to the team.

shiba5

Are a couple of Power Cells locations placed randomly? I asked because I scanned one behind some rock by a Scrappers Site but I died before I could investigate. When I went back to the site and cleared out the Scrappers the Power Cell was no longer anywhere to be found.

The ones you want are all found in story missions areas.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Did you find the machine blood drinking shaman? He's off the beaten path.

Yes - really enjoyed that one. Is the armour counted as one? If so that might be it. Still have two power cells to find though and I'm basically at the final battle

VanWinkle

I think there are things on some of the creatures that you pick up that say Power Cells when scanned but are really just Sparkers or something.

abd

I am level 42 and about to begin the Mountain that Fell quest, and only now have I come across the level 4 quest that improves my spear damage.

Chance

Wait, what? You can improve the spear? How? Where?

Remember the guy on his back by the side of the road in the embrace, and the girl (his daughter) up on a lookout platform, shouting and surrounded by watchers a few hundred yards away?

That quest. Finish it and he gives you +1 to spear damage, but what that means in material terms is mysterious.

Orcastar

Remember the guy on his back by the side of the road in the embrace, and the girl (his daughter) up on a lookout platform, shouting and surrounded by watchers a few hundred yards away?

That quest. Finish it and he gives you +1 to spear damage, but what that means in material terms is mysterious.

Oh, yeah I did that one. Thought there might be some way to improve the spear further that I wasn't aware of. Oh well.

MaKTaiL

Just saw this on Reddit. Good tip for anyone that just reached Meridian.

"Processed Metal Blocks can be traded for Light Scavenger Boxes which give you wood and shards. And Dark Scavenger Boxes which give animal loots, good for when you need materials to upgrade your pouches."

"Be careful when trading desert glass for Outlaw Dark Boxes, they often give sets of rocks that are a pain to get rid of."

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finished. Phew. Quite a few questions which I'll pop over to the spoiler thread for. I still need to do two errands which will be a pain to find, and two power cells which I missed even though I was often scanning areas and usually went the opposite way to the GPS to explore in bunkers etc.

Oh and I think I still need the trophy for 3 kills from above :p

Amazing game that consumed all of my free time since release. Will push for the platinum.

DPB

"Processed Metal Blocks can be traded for Light Scavenger Boxes which give you wood and shards. And Dark Scavenger Boxes which give animal loots, good for when you need materials to upgrade your pouches."

"Be careful when trading desert glass for Outlaw Dark Boxes, they often give sets of rocks that are a pain to get rid of."

I wish I'd known about the animal one earlier, by the time I finished the game I'd killed about 60 foxes and still didn't have enough skins for all the upgrades.

bombshell

Finding a goose skin will be the fucking death of me!

Nah bro, just ready up your climbing gear. Guaranteed spawn place for 8 geese in the Nora Embrace up ahead. ;D

DT5DBIx.jpg

re90tN5.jpg

Just finished getting the Platinum for this one - my first ever Platinum trophy.

Just wow, what a game. Engaging story, fantastic gameplay and insane graphics/performance. Probably my game of the generation so far and i'm extremely excited to see where this series goes to next.

Venture

7MM6KDL.png

TsuWave

Just took down a Stormbird.

Woof, that was something. Ropecaster saved my ass. That Shadow Sling wrecked too. I should have used it earlier in the fight.

my first stormbird fight was so amazing. one of my favorite moments this gen. i felt so weak against it (i think i was underleveled) and nothing that i did against the other machines up to that point seemed to work on the stormbird, i just kept running and ended up being surrounded by other machines lmao.

it kept doing a bunch of different moves that all felt super overpowered and could kill me in two hits. eventually i realized that putting it under the ice status effect + ropecaster was a viable strat for me to deal good damage and eventually i brought it down after what it felt like an eternity of me trying to run away from it. it was so awesome i even recorded it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looking up a list of errands for the one I'm missing - looks like
odd grata
which is a bit worrying. Have I missed it?

People, regarding some important dialogue you get from Teersa: Spoilers ahead
Rost story
. If you finished the game you can always load your post game save and go talk to her, the game just put you back at that moment again.

Gator86

Just beat the game and got the plat with it. Favorite game since Last of Us, edging out Witcher 3. WTF Guerilla. Damn near perfect game. I can't wait to see what they do next. I wish you could buy the deluxe edition DLC separately. I wouldn't mind tossing Guerilla a couple extra bucks for my new favorite game this gen.

my first stormbird fight was so amazing. one of my favorite moments this gen. i felt so weak against it (i think i was underleveled) and nothing that i did against the other machines up to that point seemed to work on the stormbird, i just kept running and ended up being surrounded by other machines lmao.

it kept doing a bunch of different moves that all felt super overpowered and could kill me in two hits. eventually i realized that putting it under the ice status effect + ropecaster was a viable strat for me to deal good damage and eventually i brought it down after what it felt like an eternity of me trying to run away from it. it was so awesome i even recorded it.
Ha, that is basically what I did. Roped it down, froze it and spammed arrows. The arrows didn't seem to do much though.

Tyaren

Y'all...

I fuckin love this game. I haven't been this much into a game since...

Idk

I can complete this:

...The Witcher 3.

I'm already depressed now that I have finished the game and fully explored Horizon's world and I will have to wait for God knows how long to experience a great sci-fi/fantasy open world like this again... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom